PDA

View Full Version : #ElClasico iv

fitzpatrick10
08/10/2013, 5:47 PM
so yeah its that time of the year again, win were in the playoffs, lose and were fu*ked... simple as...

Darklordsbane
08/10/2013, 6:43 PM
I don't know if my heart is ruling my head but the closer it gets the more confident I'm getting of a Longford win,
I think the Longford team should come onto the pitch first, create a corridor, and clap the champions onto the pitch, we (the fans) should all cheer you are the champions, not only is it a sporting thing to do, but it will wreak their heads and they won't be able to concentrate on the game,
yes I'm probably gone mad but stranger things have happened
3-1 De Town

Longfordian
08/10/2013, 9:01 PM
I don't know if my heart is ruling my head but the closer it gets the more confident I'm getting of a Longford win,
I think the Longford team should come onto the pitch first, create a corridor, and clap the champions onto the pitch, we (the fans) should all cheer you are the champions, not only is it a sporting thing to do, but it will wreak their heads and they won't be able to concentrate on the game,
yes I'm probably gone mad but stranger things have happened
3-1 De Town

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ELFl2_1q7DI/TObn1HnV2fI/AAAAAAAAAaQ/5JkvAtpbv7k/s320/Not_sure_if_serious.jpg

Charlie Darwin
08/10/2013, 9:04 PM
You're not Dundalk, lads.

outspoken
09/10/2013, 8:37 AM
I'm sure roddy would give us a 'guard of honour'...Would he Fck! None of that sh1te! We need to go to Athlone in an us against the world mentality, the lads need to leave it all on the pitch and hopefully if they do that we will get our rewards. Finishing 3rd is no good to us IMO we must attack from the off and be ruthless because home advantage in the play offs will be the deciding factor in my eyes.

Partizan
09/10/2013, 5:16 PM
Lads, just for reference sake, the Cobh v Waterford game is live on Radio DBSC this Saturday at 7.45

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/radio-dbsc

You can listen to it on your mobile phones if you have 3G. Keep on track with the latest action from the different games.

Darklordsbane
09/10/2013, 5:26 PM
First team competitive as and from Monday, October 7
STEPHEN BRADLEY (Limerick) 1 MATCH 8 Yellow Cards
AIDAN COLLINS (Athlone Town) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards
ROBBIE CREEVY (U.C.D.) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards
AIDAN KEENAN (Wexford Youths) 2 MATCHES Additional Red Card Suspension
ROY KENNY (Cobh Ramblers) 1 MATCH Additional Red Card Suspension
RYAN McBRIDE (Derry City) 1 MATCH Additional Red Card Suspension
JASON MOLLOY (Mervue United) 1 MATCH 8 Yellow Cards
DAN MURRAY (Cork City) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards
ROBERT PEARSON (Drogheda United U19s) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards
ANDREW PETERS (Salthill Devon U19s) 1 MATCH 4 Yellow Cards
CORRIE TREACY (Longford Town) 1 MATCH Additional Red Card Suspension

Big player missing for Athlone

fitzpatrick10
09/10/2013, 8:55 PM
ref is J McLoughlin...

fitzpatrick10
11/10/2013, 3:24 AM
team to start imo. josh n sully, purds,connolly,rhys,ebbe, back four id say he will go with quinn,des,tyrell,havo... i just hope he doesnt decide to start shaw as this is the one game we dont need to boot the ball at his head for 90min...

peterpan
11/10/2013, 4:45 AM
Isn't he from athlone?��

outspoken
11/10/2013, 7:29 AM
Yep. He's done us over badly a few times but as I said last week it's time to concentrate on our own game.

Battery Rover
11/10/2013, 9:12 AM
Isn't he from athlone?��

No he is from Knockcroghery in Roscommon. He only works in Athlone as a teacher.

Despite what people think of him as a referee you know exactly what you are getting and that is everything by the book. I can't remember us ever winning a game when he was referee.

Strongbow10
11/10/2013, 12:23 PM
No he is from Knockcroghery in Roscommon. He only works in Athlone as a teacher.

Despite what people think of him as a referee you know exactly what you are getting and that is everything by the book. I can't remember us ever winning a game when he was referee.

hes from Athlone, born and bred

Battery Rover
11/10/2013, 1:11 PM
hes from Athlone, born and bred

Brain not working this morning. He is listed as living in Knockcroghery is what I meant in from.

On his stats he's been a referee or assistant referee for a longford game twice and they have never lost with him in the middle. A 1-0 win over Harps and a 2-2 draw with Mervue

He's been referee or assistant referee for Athlone Town 4 times. A 1-0 win over Harps this season, a scoreless draw against Shelbourne, a 5-1 defeat to Limerick and a 1-1 draw with Wexford Youths.

Keen2win
11/10/2013, 1:45 PM
Wait a minute, a lad that is Athlone born and bred is allowed to ref this game? Really?

On a side note, I can never know how people know so much about referees. My dad could be running around as ref and I probably wouldn't realise!

Battery Rover
11/10/2013, 2:02 PM
Wait a minute, a lad that is Athlone born and bred is allowed to ref this game? Really?

On a side note, I can never know how people know so much about referees. My dad could be running around as ref and I probably wouldn't realise!

I think all the officials are Athlone born or very close to..John McLaughlin, Deckie Toland, Brendan Kelly and Alan Sherlock

peterpan
11/10/2013, 2:52 PM
Guess the Fai really don't want longford to spoil the party!!

outspoken
11/10/2013, 6:21 PM
Brain not working this morning. He is listed as living in Knockcroghery is what I meant in from.

On his stats he's been a referee or assistant referee for a longford game twice and they have never lost with him in the middle. A 1-0 win over Harps and a 2-2 draw with Mervue

He's been referee or assistant referee for Athlone Town 4 times. A 1-0 win over Harps this season, a scoreless draw against Shelbourne, a 5-1 defeat to Limerick and a 1-1 draw with Wexford Youths.

Make that 3 times as that 1-0 win over harps was a cup replay and he refereed both legs, he tried his best to screw us over in those games and yes before anyone says it he gave us a penalty to win 1-0 but his decisions over the 2 games up until then were nothing short of disgraceful.

RonnieB
11/10/2013, 7:15 PM
Oh the drama of it all!!

nigel-harps1954
11/10/2013, 11:25 PM
Make that 3 times as that 1-0 win over harps was a cup replay and he refereed both legs
Cup replay in what?

Longfordian
12/10/2013, 10:14 AM
FAI Cup. Year before last I think?

outspoken
12/10/2013, 12:10 PM
FAI Cup. Year before last I think?

Yep 0-0 draw in flancare, 1-0 mark salmon penalty in the 83rd minute on an extremely wet and windy night in ballybofey

Town Legend
12/10/2013, 3:46 PM
I've decided to end my exile as this game is massive for us. Last week we were very lucky to get the three points against Wexford. We didn't play like we can, but I can count on the one hand how many times we have this season! I'll be venturing over to Athlone hoping to see a performance the fans deserve and hopefully clinch a play-off spot. 3 points a must to guarantee 2nd spot.

Acornvilla
12/10/2013, 10:18 PM
Dare I be a wee bit positive and note that we've won 4 of the last 5 matches now.. Mervue are on a great run, but we've actually 'come good' to a certain extent at least, at the right time.

Longfordian
12/10/2013, 10:29 PM
Yeah to be fair we've taken 15 out of 21 in the last series I think. Confidence is the main thing I think. We don't need to fear Mervue, though they deserve a lot of respect. Keep it tight down there in the first leg, then get them back to Longford, get a crowd out and have a go at them. Getting some of our injured defenders back would help too.

Darklordsbane
12/10/2013, 10:35 PM
I don't really care that we hung on for a lot of the game, the result was everything tonight, fair play to Cousins, taking O Brien off, and more credit for bringing on Doyle, I thought Doyle was excellent, he calmed everything and everyone around him down, just what was needed at the time, far from a flawless performance but it's getting better
I don't have a motm, but I would like to say the fans deserve hugh credit, they never shut up, out sang the home support from where I was, first class performance from them all, I don't think we would have won without them, Brilliant

outspoken
13/10/2013, 12:12 PM
Brilliant performance last night it's the first time we've played from start to finish and not in patches we came out dominated the ball and set the tempo it was superb to see.

We actually should have beaten them by more their keeper made some good saves and we missed a few chances. They were always a danger on the break with the pace of curran going up against deans who was at fault for the first goal by being caught too deep but overall and excellent performance from all.

No doubt over man of the match it was Gary Shaw with a heroic performance and a wonderful goal.

IrishRossi
13/10/2013, 3:31 PM
brilliant match last nite,

Town Legend
13/10/2013, 4:14 PM
What a win and performance. Where was that for the last 2 rounds?? Anyways feeling a lot more confident now! Roll on next Friday.

Darklordsbane
13/10/2013, 5:22 PM
I agree that we should be feeling a bit of confidence but lets not get cocky, Athlone while I'm sure they wanted to end the season on a high their minds couldn't have been totally focused on the game, bands playing, cup on display, teams lining up like a cup final, crazy stuff before a game, they knew they were the champions so the result didn't really matter for them,
Longford wanted it more, the result was everything to De Town last night, the performance was a lot better, I'm absolutely delighted they got to the playoffs, but lets not get too carried away,
Merview will be a hell of a lot tougher, but there were signs that we might just do it

Martinho II
13/10/2013, 8:04 PM
what a performance and what a difference from the previous wk! I agree with outspoken that Gary shaw was superb.. he knew what he was doin with that header sully wouldnt have done that in a million yrs.. shaw was superb for the second goal great flick for quinny and his cross was sublime! I know Mervue have won 6 on the bounce but their run has to end eventually.. Hats off to Cousins... Bennion was superb with that save in second half... I am nervous about next week but I like to think Shawsy is our secret weapon!

fitzpatrick10
14/10/2013, 12:15 AM
i wouldnt of started o brien in the frist place but least he was taken off at the right time, and a great call to bring on doyle to break up the mid filed... cant wait for the play offs