PDA

View Full Version : Fifa 14

Mad Moose
07/10/2013, 7:01 PM
Well I've tried it over the weekend and I'd love to say I love it but I'm not sure. I don't want to sound ungrateful but let me explain. I generally buy FIFA on a 2 year cycle. Purely as I get enough out of the game for the limited time I get to play the game so 2 years is good for me. So when I moved from FIFA 12 to FIFA 14 I think I expected a leap in progress and I don't feel it. Yes it's up to date and that's great. Johnny McDonnell is in at Shelbourne for example and a couple of the features have taken me aback. I don't watch TV but even SKY Sports can never escape you and so SKY Sports commentary features more heavily. Alan McNally with the updates is annoying and Jeff I think opens the programme is again horrible. Not sure if any of those features made FIFA 13 but they were move ons from my last edition and I don't think much of them.

As for the game play. I'm again not sure of the progress this game has made. I've tried desperately to cause a scuffle and fisticuffs (so I selected to play with Dundalk :) - only joking) and I'm afraid my wishes haven't been granted on that. There's a big leap from Semi Pro to Professional with one far too easy and the other quite difficult. I miss been able to have a pop from anywhere and I'm pretty certain I'll never score from my own half in FIFA 14.

I can't believe the ability to dive has never been factored into the game. I'd love that and been able to get away with it. In FIFA 12 there was an element of referee unpredictability though not enough so occasionally you mght take somebody out and get away with it. See my gaming moments recorded.

All in all I'm looking forward to playing a little more. Looks like Euro Qualification and a cup competition are included for the Airtricity League which I didn't get with FIFA 12.

Just listen out for Alan McNally's pronunciation of Drogheda Utd.

nigel-harps1954
07/10/2013, 8:12 PM
One thing.

Should have waited for ps4.

IsMiseSean
07/10/2013, 8:43 PM
The Jeff Stelling intro is crap. I don't like the new career mode, the whole scouting players and not knowing their rating annoys me.

NeverFeltBetter
07/10/2013, 9:53 PM
There's a big leap from Semi Pro to Professional with one far too easy and the other quite difficult.

I find that really irritating with FIFA 13. Semi-pro will see you winning every second game 5-0, professional, you're scraping draws and cursing at the TV with startling frequency.

Has anyone played the Be A Pro mode on 14 yet? I really liked it on 13, but the player match rating system for it was startlingly broken and frustrating for anything other than a striker.

poster
04/06/2014, 2:20 PM
Anyone played FIFA World Cup 2014? Very similar to FIFA '14?

BonnieShels
04/06/2014, 9:46 PM
I can't believe the ability to dive has never been factored into the game. I'd love that and been able to get away with it. In FIFA 12 there was an element of referee unpredictability though not enough so occasionally you mght take somebody out and get away with it. See my gaming moments recorded.

You could dive in a much earlier FIFA. I think it was 99 or 2000. Not sure. But there was a sequence like R1, L1 and Triangle that did it.

nigel-harps1954
04/06/2014, 11:40 PM
You could dive in a much earlier FIFA. I think it was 99 or 2000. Not sure. But there was a sequence like R1, L1 and Triangle that did it.

Road to world cup 98. What a fantastic game it was too. 90 minute indoor 5-a-side games were fantastic.

BonnieShels
05/06/2014, 5:32 PM
Road to world cup 98. What a fantastic game it was too. 90 minute indoor 5-a-side games were fantastic.

That was a stonker of a game. That and 99 were my favourites.

I became a PES man soon after.