PDA

View Full Version : city should help

ccfcgirl
12/10/2004, 2:46 PM
To nights echo states that alan mathews would like if city put there longford game forward 24 hours so barry ferguson (HELL SERVE HIS BAN THEN)could play in fai cup final.i hope the loi lets this happen i know city play pats on the friday .

Pablo
12/10/2004, 2:50 PM
To nights echo states that alan mathews would like if city put there longford game forward 24 hours so barry ferguson (HELL SERVE HIS BAN THEN)could play in fai cup final.i hope the loi lets this happen i know city play pats on the friday .

why would 24 hours make a difference to a ban? :confused:

Ruairi
12/10/2004, 2:51 PM
The ban doesn;t actually come into effect until the 20th, which is the wednesday so if the game is playted on tuesday he won;t be able to serve his ban

Colm
12/10/2004, 2:52 PM
We're playing Pats on the friday so there is no way we'll be agreeing to this.

Pablo
12/10/2004, 2:54 PM
it'd be nice to help but if we've pats on the friday then its highly unlikly

thecorner
12/10/2004, 2:57 PM
when have a team ever accomodated us...tell them to fup off

patsh
12/10/2004, 2:57 PM
This is extremely unfair of A. Matthews. We have a very important game on the Friday, just as important to our season as the cup final is to Longford's. If we turn them down, we will be made out to be cnuts, yet why should we have to play 2 games in the space of 50 hours?
This is a lose/lose situation for City...:mad:

Crambler
12/10/2004, 3:31 PM
I Maybe Wrong But I Assumed That Bans Picked Up In The Fai Cup Matches Could Only Be Served Out In Cup Games .if This Is Case Then Moving The League Game Would Be Of No Use.

thecorner
12/10/2004, 3:39 PM
I Maybe Wrong

its not maybe wrong

you ARE wrong ;)

ian
12/10/2004, 3:44 PM
I don't agree with this at all y do we have to move this game to the wenday just to acomadate lford just so one of there players can playe in the cup final. I dont think so.

Lets have it played the date it is on for.

No disrespect to lford town.

I hope you win the cup for the second yer running. :(

Éanna
12/10/2004, 3:49 PM
i'd love to help longford out on this one, I really would, but not if its going to damage our chances.* I feel sorry for Ferguson, but if he hadn't got booked, he wouldn't be in that situation. Here's hoping the game goes ahead on tuesday and longford win the cup.

*= on the other hand, if playing on wednesday meant we'd get the 3 points......... :) ;)

tiktok
12/10/2004, 3:51 PM
Agree with Eanna.
I hope Longford go on to lift the cup, but with us chasing second we'll need the three day gap to the Pat's game.

Having said that, if we played on the wednesday then Ferguson couldn't play aginst us could he ;)

Éanna
12/10/2004, 4:13 PM
how does this sound. we play on wednesday if longford agree to tie digger to the goalposts and not make our lads run too much so they're not tired for friday :)

razor
13/10/2004, 9:00 AM
I'd like to do it if we could.
Any chance we have of strengthening Longfords chance of winning the Cup should be taken.
I mean wouldn't it be really nice for Ratnolds to end his career with no medals at all ?

ccfcman
13/10/2004, 10:37 AM
when have a team ever accomodated us...tell them to fup off

Derry City used to by playing their matches @ 12pm on Sundays.

GavinZac
13/10/2004, 11:19 AM
Derry City used to by playing their matches @ 12pm on Sundays.

we did the same for them

and now that we're almost fully pro, it shouldnt matter what time a game is played, ONCE you have a REASONABLE time to rest, a day is not a reasonable time.

SÓC
13/10/2004, 12:40 PM
A day might not be a reasonable time but if and I mean a big IF Mathews was to say to Dolan that he'll be ummmm ....giving a few of his U-21 team a run out in the game against City with a wink here and a nodd there then i'd take it right now. Touch of the Austria .v. Germany/ Sweden .v. Denmark about it:D

pete
13/10/2004, 3:07 PM
If it suits city to move the game then they should avail of the opportunity. If its is a disadvantage to city then we should not do it. This is supposed to be professional football & may set a bad precedent fro moving games at a whim to "help" others. What next...deals done to fix results?

Éanna
13/10/2004, 3:20 PM
out of interest, why don't suspensions begin at the beginning of every week (Sunday or Monday). Why is this suspension beginning in the middle of the week? If all suspension were to begin on a Monday then this issue wouldn't arise.

DolansWaistcoat
13/10/2004, 4:29 PM
how does this sound. we play on wednesday if longford agree to tie digger to the goalposts and not make our lads run too much so they're not tired for friday :)

Sur if we tie him to the goalposts we won't be able to keep ourselves entertained with Digger's dancing. ;) :D

We'd score anyway,always do against lford at the cross.

Ruairi
13/10/2004, 4:34 PM
Sur if we tie him to the goalposts we won't be able to keep ourselves entertained with Digger's dancing. ;) :D

We'd score anyway,always do against lford at the cross.

but it's in the flansiro...

thecorner
13/10/2004, 5:32 PM
but it's in the flansiro...

got there before me ;)

Ruairi
13/10/2004, 5:35 PM
great minds think alike and all that eh?

Éanna
13/10/2004, 5:39 PM
fools seldom differ :p

Ruairi
13/10/2004, 5:42 PM
fools seldom differ :p

my god eanner, funny and original too! a man of many talents.

*there's no "you jerk" smiley*

GavinZac
13/10/2004, 6:58 PM
my god eanner, funny and original too! a man of many talents.

*there's no "you jerk" smiley*

http://www.shedend.com/forum/images/smiles/mofugger.gif

there you go ;)

BeerBaron69
15/10/2004, 4:38 PM
Eanna we are dealing with the FAI they wouldnt know logic if a vulcan hit them in the face with all the logic in Chrisendom :cool:

Stadler
17/10/2004, 9:08 PM
This is obviously somebody from Longford just using the press to try and gain an advantage for their team. There's no way we should help them out by moving the game to Wednesday. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Longford who postponed this game the weekend it was meant to be played 'cos they were playing their European game on a Thursday night?

Longfordian
17/10/2004, 9:24 PM
This is obviously somebody from Longford just using the press to try and gain an advantage for their team. There's no way we should help them out by moving the game to Wednesday. Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Longford who postponed this game the weekend it was meant to be played 'cos they were playing their European game on a Thursday night?

Lads, it was never an option that the game would be moved. Alan was I would think just indulging in a bit of wishful thinking. We knew straight away after the Drogs game that there was no chance of it being moved, Waterford would go ballistic. Eh Stadler, the somebody from Longford would be Alan Mathews given that he's the manager and he made the comments! :)

Actually, as for Ferguson knowing he would be suspended for the cup final when he got booked, he didn't know until the day after the Drogs game, he wouldnt have known when he picked up his 8th yellow, which was in the league that the ban would kick in for the Cup Final. It's harsh but these things happen..