PDA

View Full Version : Galway 4 - Rams 3 :- What happened??

Rams-fan
12/10/2004, 12:46 PM
A new manager and a new style. Apparently Galway pasted us and the score lined flattered us. Galway were always in control and were 4-2 up in the final min before Dave scored.

We seemed to have found someone who can put the ball in the net but have lost the defensive quality Dave brought to the team.

Would like to see Darren Murphy in midfield to take up Dave's spot and use either Reilly or Brossy to operate in front of Dave.

Henderson, didn't get his tactics right, if we were outclassed and concede 4 goals. :ball:

ramblers
12/10/2004, 7:28 PM
Let me get this right RAMS FAN you make your comments below based on what??

Ramblers played the same team that won 8-1 last week when everyone was more then happy.

The fact is this we were outplayed due to the height that Galway had in the team and we were unable to cope.

The Manager realised this from what I could see and after 30 minutes made 2 substitutions which changed the game around.

We then got a penalty which we scored we were 2-1 down at the break not bad considering for 30 minutes we were out played but for 15 minutes we got back in the game.

About 30 seconds in to the second half Galway scored what I would call a definete contender for goal fothe season it was a great shot from outside the box that no goalkeeper would have saved.

We then dominated the game and had a few chances which Dave Warren scored with still plenty of time left.We got a corner in the last minute and we should have had another penalty as Darren Murphy was hauled to the ground in the penalty box only for the Ref and linesman not to notice Galway broke as we had pushed forward and scored what looked from were I was standing a very off side goal.

We the scored again through Dave Warren final score 4-3.

It is easy agin for people to sit at home and critisice the Manger be it Dave Hill or now Stephen Henderson but I felt other then the first 30 minutes this was a good performance but I feel the officials let us down badly.

We had 2 players booked 1 for a push in the back and a second for a very soft tackle But the Galways boys were getting stuck in and not 1 of the booked.

The Team could not be faulted for effort and commitment they were 3-1 down after halftime but gave it there all to get back in to the game.

In this display even though we lost there is a lot of positives and as you say it wuld be good to see Darren in the midfield maybe when Willi Byrne comes back from injury he will move Darren in there.

Rams-fan
13/10/2004, 6:54 AM
Like most fans, away games especially to Galway are just not possible. I was going on the Story http://www.soccercentral.ie/viewstory.asp?mainheading=Eircom&id=14058&viewstory=yes.
Unfortunately on this forum the buzz is gone out of the season and the regular travellers who used to give eyewitness reports have gone for the time being. :ball: