PDA

View Full Version : Where's the party at...?

dcfcsteve
12/10/2004, 12:29 PM
All,

What's the main message board for Irish footie these days ? Back when it was Johnny Wards site everyone knew where to go. When that imploded through petty inter-club bickering, everyone seemed to come on here instead. Now this place has all gone very quiet.

So where's everyone at these days ? Has the banter moved on, or is there just no main place for Irish footie chat any more ?

dortie
12/10/2004, 12:54 PM
Steve, seems to get busier towards the end of the week, people must have more work to do at the start of the working week :D

paudie
12/10/2004, 12:55 PM
i'd say this site is about as good as it gets.

Most fans seem to concntrate on their own clubs forums, which is unfortunate as a bit of inter club banter is always enjoyable.

tiktok
12/10/2004, 12:55 PM
I think this is far and away the best El general site, though there's a heavy Cork presence (which can be easily overcome if fans of other clubs register). Most of the clubs seem to have their own message boards and the members don't seem to stray too far from them for the most part :(

A face
12/10/2004, 2:38 PM
Johnny Wards was not able to expand from what it was, if the traffic doubled it would have folded. It wouldnt happen here. This has to be the best site for info, hands down !!

1 9 2 8
12/10/2004, 4:31 PM
Since sligoweb.com got closed down this is the main site for Rovers supporters

Slash/ED
12/10/2004, 5:44 PM
I think the problem with this website is most people basically (rightly or wrongly) see it as pretty much a Cork City forum and don't bother signing up. It's still the best general EL messageboard on the internet though, I'd say.

the 12 th man
12/10/2004, 7:16 PM
I think the problem with this website is most people basically (rightly or wrongly) see it as pretty much a Cork City forum and don't bother signing up. It's still the best general EL messageboard on the internet though, I'd say.

agree about there being a lot of cork traffic but i wouldn'nt think most people on here see it as a cork forum.

peolpe are starting to come out of the woodwork :D

the more the merrier :cool: