PDA

View Full Version : Lonford town v's Cobh ramblers match report

Darklordsbane
25/09/2013, 7:48 AM
This is the only Match report I could find Outspoken said he couldn't do it this week so I hope I'm not stepping on any ones toes. it was on the Airtricty league website not great to be honest much prefer the usual reports

Longford hit seven past Cobh Published on Saturday, 21 September 2013 22:31 Longford Town 7 Cobh Ramblers 2
Rhys Gorman and David O'Sullivan both scored twice as Longford Town and Cobh Ramblers served up a fourth goal feast of the season in producing a nine-goal thriller at the City Calling Stadium.
With Longford having won two of their earlier meetings this season 4-3 and 5-1, and Cobh the most recent game 4-3, this game brought to a remarkable 29 the number of goals scored in the four league matches between the sides this season.
The win edges Longford back up to second place in the table ahead of Waterford United on goal difference.
In a frantic start to the game the sides swapped five goals before the half hour mark.
Midfielder Gorman put Town in front on 13 minutes with Ronan Stanton levelling within two minutes. Gorman responded immediately to restore Town's lead before Cobh equalised again through Rob Waters on 21 minutes.
Top scorer O'Sullivan got his first of the night to put Town back in front six minutes later.
Josh O'Hanlon put Longford 4-2 up just before the hour mark before O'Sullivan extended their lead with his second of the night on 64 minutes - his 21st league goal of the season.
Daniel Purdy added Longford's sixth goal on 72 minutes with Ryan Connolly completing a remarkable game with another Longford score ten minutes from time.

Longfordian
25/09/2013, 4:37 PM
That's not really a match report, whoever wrote it just read the times of the scores and the goalscorers. They weren't at the match. Though I guess with nine goals there's not a lot else you could fit in.