PDA

View Full Version : Own up lads, who watched it ?

Roo69
11/10/2004, 2:59 PM
The Match (Celebs Vs. Legends) on Sky 1 last night ? enjoyable enough match with some pretty useful players on the celebs side, very impressed with Ralf Little. Robbo's still a legend !

adamcarr
11/10/2004, 3:03 PM
It was very enterytaining. The celebs were good but I doubt they would have scored if there wasnt a 63 year old keeper in goal! ;) Darren Campbell came very close on many occasions! Then ALLy McCoist has to ruin everything! :mad: ;)

boc123
11/10/2004, 3:05 PM
I saw the first half, not a bad game, they were unlucky to be one down at halftime. I'd say they'll definitely be doing it again next year??

drummerboy
11/10/2004, 3:07 PM
Somebody was calling it a rip off of the TG4 programme Underdogs.

GalwayFrancis
11/10/2004, 3:07 PM
the celebs had a good team but the lads up from couldn't finish

Gary
11/10/2004, 3:29 PM
I assume it was for charity, yes?

What was the score, and who were in each team? is this the thing that Maek Lawrenson was blocked by the BBC from playing in because he is contracted to BBC, and this was run by Sky???

adamcarr
11/10/2004, 4:01 PM

What was the score, and who were in each team? is this the thing that Maek Lawrenson was blocked by the BBC from playing in because he is contracted to BBC, and this was run by Sky???

Over a quater of a million was raised! The score was 2-1 to the Legends!

Macy
12/10/2004, 7:38 AM
Don't know about that, but 5live gave it plenty of coverage over the weekend, and yesterday evening as well...

the 12 th man
12/10/2004, 7:54 AM

What was the score, and who were in each team?

legends included bruce grobbelar,gary pallister,philip albert,viv anderson,brian robson,paul gascoign,peter beardsly and trevor francis.

subs included matt le tissier and peter bonetti :eek:

Troy.McClure
12/10/2004, 11:31 AM
I thought that Woddle was class, he put in some great crosses and made his marker look like a plank. I only flicked on to it a few times but am I right in saying that Pallaster got a goal from outside the box??? :eek:

ccfcman
12/10/2004, 11:46 AM
Pallister got a cracker, sweet swerve too

Pauro 76
12/10/2004, 12:37 PM
What i dont get about Gazza though, is why he on one hand wants to change his first name, to froget about his celebrity status, and on the other hand, sign up for The Match and wanting to appear on Im A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here!! :confused:

Macy
12/10/2004, 1:06 PM
What i dont get about Gazza though, is why he on one hand wants to change his first name, to froget about his celebrity status, and on the other hand, sign up for The Match and wanting to appear on Im A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here!! :confused:
Because the people that look after him, IMO haven't, and have never had, his best interests at heart.

GavinZac
12/10/2004, 1:55 PM
Because the people that look after him, IMO haven't, and have never had, his best interests at heart.

and because he's broke

gufcfan
12/10/2004, 5:07 PM
Pallister got a cracker, sweet swerve too

he struck it well but the keeper should hav had it. he was really badly positioned. he was kneeling across 2 catch it and he coudnt turn back quick enuff 2 make the save. if that was me i'd feel like a plank.