PDA

View Full Version : The French Anthem

macdermesser
11/10/2004, 2:15 PM
I've stuck this here .. just paste the address into your browser.

To save the mp3, right-click on the link and select "Save Target As..."
(thanks Peadar);)

Its about 1.8 meg. The site might be down after a while, but its a small enough file to email with yahoo and gmail accounts these days

http://www.geocities.com/zolemaxskis/FrenchAnthem.mp3

It was such a wonderful spontaneous moment .. everyone was in such a great mood and being a catchy tune it was no surprise ..

After that there was no way we were going to lose ..

Peadar
11/10/2004, 2:24 PM
The site might be down after a while..
In future just put a link to the page and instruct people to right-click on the mp3 link and select "Save Target As..."

zinedineontour
11/10/2004, 2:29 PM
yeah that was great buzz 30 or whatever thousand irish singing along to the tune of the anthem and the french looking bemused .. sounds great when i watched video of game when i got home last night :)

ken foree
11/10/2004, 2:31 PM
ahh i love that anthem, 2nd best to our own, the 'marchons! marchons!' section is spine-tingling! a nice display by the irish fans. the parisians can be a stuffy lot though, they should move france's games to the velodrome :eek:

dynamo kerry
11/10/2004, 2:31 PM
In future just put a link to the page and instruct people to right-click on the mp3 link and select "Save Target As..."

that still wont save bandwidth

you can stick it on irishvibe if ya like - pm me

Bondvillain
11/10/2004, 2:37 PM
The dreaded "PAGE UNAVAILABLE" message....

macdermesser
11/10/2004, 2:43 PM
The dreaded "PAGE UNAVAILABLE" message....

dynamo kerry is coming up with a solution for thison Irishvibe.com

Peadar
11/10/2004, 2:44 PM
that still wont save bandwidth

It's not about saving bandwidth.
It's the way those "Free" sites are set up.
There's a limit on the downloads via a link.
It didn't seem to be a problem if you saved the target rather than opening it from within the page. They may have changed that since though.

dynamo kerry
11/10/2004, 2:55 PM
It's not about saving bandwidth.
It's the way those "Free" sites are set up.
There's a limit on the downloads via a link.
It didn't seem to be a problem if you saved the target rather than opening it from within the page. They may have changed that since though.

ah I see faith,

good point. I'm not up on free-site code of practice.

in any case you can now downlod to your hearts contents by right clicking and saving the target as

on this baby
http://www.irishvibe.com/vids/frenchanthem.zip

I'll be moving it into the download section later but for today I'll leave it up as free access

onenilgameover
29/10/2004, 12:23 AM
Fair play this is a fantastic momento of the weekend...one of the best memories.....