PDA

View Full Version : Irish Soccer Magazine: What happened?

lopez
11/10/2004, 11:38 AM
Can anyone tell me what happened to (Irish) Soccer Magazine. I used to get it up to mid 1998 then it was never available in the Irish newsagent in London I go to. Neither have I ever seen it on sale in Ireland in my visits there since. Is it still going? If not when was the last ever issue?

boc123
11/10/2004, 11:44 AM
It's gone a good few years now as far as I know, I used get it all the time as well, I assume it came down to not enough copies been sold. I can't remember the last edition I bought though, it's a good few years back!!

kevincronin2000
11/10/2004, 11:47 AM
I think this came up in a thread before, but I think the mag used to realy heavilly on back page advertising from benson and hedges. With no more Tabaco advertising the mag disapeered, used to buy it myself, used to give attendances at loi /el games a lot of international stuff on it tho.

ShelsTim
12/10/2004, 7:47 PM
There's a new one in development by the fellas off this very board. The hope is to have it ready for the start of next season, so watch this space.

lopez
15/10/2004, 9:03 AM
Many thanks. If someone can find out the number of last issue, I would be much appreciated. I got as far as the Summer 98 issue, BTW.

Best of luck to anyone with a new mag but there have been some failures in the past. Kickin' (??) was better than ISM but lasted no time. Sad when you consider the sh*t that's sold in Easons, etc. concerning foreign clubs.

NY Hoop
15/10/2004, 9:24 AM
Many thanks. If someone can find out the number of last issue, I would be much appreciated. I got as far as the Summer 98 issue, BTW.

Best of luck to anyone with a new mag but there have been some failures in the past. Kickin' (??) was better than ISM but lasted no time. Sad when you consider the sh*t that's sold in Easons, etc. concerning foreign clubs.

Kickin was absolute rubbish. Interviews with businessmen on what english teams they "supported". Pages on junior football etc.

I had all the editions of the ISM but sold them to Declan Hughes, the UCD programme editor. He should be able to help. Email him at dwsl2004@eircom.net

KOH

CuanaD
15/10/2004, 9:53 AM

I subscribed to the Magazine, & the last one I got was No. 146 - June 2000 - I still have most of them (from june '97) here in my filing cabinet(really!).
Last one had shels doing the double, Bray & Longford promoted, & France as favourites for Euro 2000
Oh yes - on page 26 was a piece titled 'First sign of Tallaght stadium' which included the line "Rovers fans will still have to endure another few months on the road because the new stadium will not be ready until November at the earliest". That's November 2000 folks!

CuanaD
15/10/2004, 9:54 AM
There's a new one in development by the fellas off this very board. The hope is to have it ready for the start of next season, so watch this space.

If a new mag is in development I'd be interested in subscribing - so if they want my money, contact me!
:D :ball:

lopez
15/10/2004, 10:54 AM
Kickin was absolute rubbish. Interviews with businessmen on what english teams they "supported". Pages on junior football etc. Only got a couple of copies so don't remember that aspect of 'Irish' football. :rolleyes: ISM was a bit thin in size yet still had a couple of pages on foreign football. Anyone remember 11-aside from the mid nineties? Black and white with a mad style of interviews with people (probably more businessmen and their favourite English teams).

Thanks for the info NY Hoop & CuanaD.