PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Kenny Agrees Contact Extension

Ezeikial
15/09/2013, 7:09 PM
Stephen Kenny has agreed a contract extension that will take him to the end of 2015 season

http://www.dundalkfc.com/stephen-kenny-agrees-contract-extension/

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 7:48 PM
Surprised nobody posted about this earlier. Well-deserved but Dundalk are right to move to protect their asset. Could easily be SPL clubs sniffing around again soon. I'm guessing he must have gotten assurances that the budget will increase next season.

oriel
15/09/2013, 8:27 PM
It's great news for all Dundalk supporters and gives both parties security. Hopefully this will be the start of something really big for the club.

Whatever happens this season, it really has been a superb year, odds on to be back in Europe, and an excellent chance of winning a first trophy in 11 years.

To be even in with a shout at this stage, considering where we came from is almost unbelievable.

Kenny made the players think it was believable.

avvenalaf
15/09/2013, 8:28 PM
Looking at the teams and clubs I've been around in the last few weeks, I hope he got assurances that there will be a league next year.

White Horse
15/09/2013, 8:40 PM
A good move, particularly when there was a high profile club sniffing around.

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 8:45 PM
A good move, particularly when there was a high profile club sniffing around.
But Athlone already have the best manager in the league :confused:

Nesta99
15/09/2013, 8:50 PM
Sligo had enough of Baraclough then! Or are Lims mystery euro millions back in play?

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 8:55 PM
Sligo had enough of Baraclough then! Or are Lims mystery euro millions back in play?
I think he means Drogheda.

Dunny
15/09/2013, 9:00 PM
I think he means Drogheda.

Who???

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 9:06 PM
Who???
Huge club in the north-east, I hear they just sacked their manager over his refusal to break the transfer record for Enda Curran.

White Horse
15/09/2013, 9:08 PM
Huge club in the north-east, I hear they just sacked their manager over his refusal to break the transfer record for Enda Curran.

Aren't Drogheda close to appointing Declan Kidney?

Dunny
15/09/2013, 9:10 PM
Aren't Drogheda close to appointing another examiner

Fixed.

Charlie Darwin
15/09/2013, 9:28 PM
Aren't Drogheda close to appointing Declan Kidney?
Good coach, and by the sounds of the Harps match Ronan O'Gara could do wonders for their long ball game and Peter O'Mahony could bring a hitherto unknown physicality to their fighting game.

Nesta99
15/09/2013, 10:04 PM
Naw Kenny couldnt go to Drogs how would the patients in the Lourdes be able to keep watch on the game if the ball wasnt always in the air?

Flawless
16/09/2013, 2:30 AM
Fantastic news. I only hope now that we can tie down a few key players to contracts before the season is out. I know one or two will most certainly be courted by Football League clubs..

TheBoss
16/09/2013, 4:13 AM
Is that the only cup that he will be lifting come the end of the season?

http://www.dundalkfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Paul-Johnston-Stephen-Kenny-Ciar%C3%A1n-Bond1.jpg

White Horse
16/09/2013, 7:20 AM
Is that the only cup that he will be lifting come the end of the season?[/IMG]

Time will tell.

Kenny has already been a success the season, but it would be great to cap it off with a trophy.

Quayman
16/09/2013, 7:37 AM
Is that the only cup that he will be lifting come the end of the season?

http://www.dundalkfc.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Paul-Johnston-Stephen-Kenny-Ciar%C3%A1n-Bond1.jpg

At the end of the day, there was no pressure on Kenny to deliver a trophy this season. The aim was to stabilise the club, get a mid table finish and lay the foundations for a competitive team to be able to compete the following year. Anything else was a bonus.

TonyD
16/09/2013, 7:54 PM
Time will tell.

Kenny has already been a success the season, but it would be great to cap it off with a trophy.

I agree. Best of luck in the cup :p