PDA

View Full Version : just back !

p.r.o.c.
10/10/2004, 9:05 PM
the french never knew what hit em........knackered ,hung over, fecked....
well worth it though !

Anybody in O'SULLIVANS last nite ? PLACE WAS MAAAAADDDDDDD!

Jon'o
10/10/2004, 9:11 PM
mad time loved every second of it. love away games, the game against portugal would be a great one for an away game :rolleyes:

wonder if the lads i bumped into the airport made it home?

they turned up to the airport 5mins after checkout closed at 10.30 to find out that they could not go on the flight and that their seats had been given to some one else.

were still at the airport at 2pm with no signs of a free seat for them

petef
11/10/2004, 7:50 AM
List of classy establishments I went to:

Corcorans, Lush, Coolins (class), The Highlander (ach aye), maybe some others my head is not with it this morning...had one wish in Paris and that was to be in a Brasserie at dawn and god I did it :)

LET LOOSE!
11/10/2004, 1:40 PM
the harp celtic pub was good
and edwards and son ,kev moran was gargiling in there before the game
plus cockney tavern on saturday morning-proper metal :p

KildareBhoy
11/10/2004, 1:45 PM
What about going mental for the french national anthem. That image will stay in my mind for ever. Just home and watched it on the replay of the match.

GalwayFrancis
11/10/2004, 2:28 PM
anyone where i can download the french match?

petef
11/10/2004, 2:45 PM
recorded it on my PC but in black and white, in case no one else did but one of the lads has it on vid.

Plastic Paddy
11/10/2004, 5:49 PM
Anybody in O'SULLIVANS last nite ? PLACE WAS MAAAAADDDDDDD!

No chance. It was like Knackeragua (sorry Sylvo!) in there. Only classy estalishments for me and Mrs PP. :D

And besides, you noisy *******s in there kept me awake until five this morning. ;)

:D PP

petef
11/10/2004, 9:08 PM
Got to bed at 800 or so Sunday morn, ended up in a Brasserie having a Croque Madame (Superb) for breakfast. Mind you I was fading fast.

eirebhoy
11/10/2004, 10:22 PM
anyone where i can download the french match?
Through Bittorrent (you have to register):
http://football.hn.org:6969/stats.html?info_hash=08695b5e1c256d0ace1179ae35f7d 31417085521

p.r.o.c.
11/10/2004, 10:25 PM
yep, it was just a tad wild..........two french guys wearing le blue walk into O'SULLIVANS........bad move ! they got an awful slagging but they left wearing the green....great nite,left about 7am sun morn.

btw i forgot to tape the match anybody know how to get a copy or is it being shown again soon ?

pineapple stu
11/10/2004, 10:38 PM
Aye, brilliant craic alright! Thanks to those who pointed out the 24-hour pub which was kept nice and busy on Friday! :D Met the ref from our last game at the match too! Small world...

[QUOTE=KildareBhoy]What about going mental for the French national anthem?[\QUOTE]

Probably the loudest French song of the night! ;) One of the most bizarre experiences I've had at a football game!

Don't often say this, but the stewards deserve a bit of praise when people kept asking them to get those in front to sit down - stewards just smiled and told them to stand up themselves. If only the Lansdowne stewards had the same common sense... Those gendarme were something else though - full riot gear and all!

Anybody else head down to the U-21 game? 30,000 in Paris, but only 30 Irish out in Troyes. 20 Gendarme looking after one group too! Not a bad performance; McGeady has some skill, though tried to do too much at times. Daryl Murphy held the ball up very well, Ireland scould have scored but France won it in the last five minutes, though Sinama-Pongolle missed a penalty as well. French deserved to win overall, but some good players coming through.

pineapple stu
11/10/2004, 10:56 PM
Just remembered the PA announcer calling out the team - Stefan Carr, John Oshee, Andy Obrien and Andy Red!

The Que Sera Sera was spectacular though - best chant I've ever heard the way it echoed around.

ptegan
12/10/2004, 8:14 AM
The folks here at work said that whenever we sang Que sera sera that the French commentry when quiet to listen to it rather than comment on the match :)

eirebhoy
12/10/2004, 9:53 AM
The folks here at work said that whenever we sang Que sera sera that the French commentry when quiet to listen to it rather than comment on the match :)
What do the French think of the team (and fans) after that performance?

Peadar
12/10/2004, 10:19 AM
yep, it was just a tad wild..........two french guys wearing le blue walk into O'SULLIVANS........bad move ! they got an awful slagging but they left wearing the green..?

What about the dood who came in and everyone started slagging him so he frantically whipped off his sweater to reveal a Cameroon shirt, which was greeted by a chorus of "Cameroon, Cameroon, Cameroon, Cameroon..."

Schumi
12/10/2004, 10:41 AM
Aye, brilliant craic alright! Thanks to those who pointed out the 24-hour pub which was kept nice and busy on Friday! :D Met the ref from our last game at the match too! Small world...
That **** Tuite? I hope you gave him a slap!