PDA

View Full Version : under21s lose

joe
10/10/2004, 5:19 PM
City lost 1-0 to Kilkenny this afternoon, their first league defeat since August of last year.

Team: Mark McNulty; Richie Aherne, Shane Guthrie, Ray Lally; Colin O’Shea (David O’Sullivan 62), Aidan Murray, Admir Softic, David Freyne, Danny Murphy; Jamie Nolan (Sean O’Sullivan 72), Shane Long (James O’Donovan 89).

kevincronin2000
10/10/2004, 5:39 PM
FCUK! How did that happen, looked like a strong enough team too. Hope the fact that lopes did not play is a sign of things for tomorrow night.
No Dennis Behan either. Will he start against Longford tomorrow?

Stadler
10/10/2004, 7:20 PM
Hope the fact that lopes did not play is a sign of things for tomorrow night. No Dennis Behan either. Will he start against Longford tomorrow?

I hope it's a sign of things for the rest of the season, as in he's been released. He hasn't impressed at all for the first team and apparently his under21 performances haven't been up to much. As for Denis Behan, maybe it's a sign that he'll get to start tomorrow night, or at least get more than a two minute run-out at the end.

Éanna
10/10/2004, 10:06 PM
hopefully behan will get the start he deserves tomorow night and deliver the performance he's capable of. no doubt some muppets will start giving out the minute they see him though :rolleyes:

ccfc4ever
10/10/2004, 10:10 PM
Team: Mark McNulty; Richie Aherne, Shane Guthrie, Ray Lally; Colin O’Shea (David O’Sullivan 62), Aidan Murray, Admir Softic, David Freyne, Danny Murphy; Jamie Nolan (Sean O’Sullivan 72), Shane Long (James O’Donovan 89).

so how did all the lads play?anyone impressive??

Éanna
10/10/2004, 10:23 PM
Oh, like "non Super City fans" like yourself? :rolleyes:
no, I'm talking about idiots who started saying "oh no he's ****" the minute he came on the pitch against rovers. People have judged the guy based on 2 minute run-outs at the end of games which is unfair. I haven't seen enough of him to say whether he's really as good as I think he is, but everyone owes it to him to give him a chance, which, so far, he hasn't had.

Éanna
10/10/2004, 10:33 PM
And you talk about supporting the team, weren't you the one giving Woods greif on this forum about being dropped coz he is crap?
I've no problem debating a players merits on the forum, I just think people shouldn't give players grief when they're out on the pitch. Woods has played a lot more than Behan and IMO hasn't jusitified his place. Behan hasn't been given a proper chance to prove himself, and thats the least he deserves. Where I was a lot of people were encouraging Behan, but there were several giving out when he was brought on- can't understand people making comments when they have nothing to base them on

Éanna
10/10/2004, 10:41 PM
How do you know Behan deserves a chance with the first team when you have rarely seen him play this year?

he deserved his chance to show his recent form.
:confused: which is it? make your mind up :rolleyes:

ccfc4ever
10/10/2004, 10:44 PM
anyone else on the u21's ready to make the big leap?? :)

Éanna
10/10/2004, 10:57 PM
I said he deserved a chance. Why? Because he's scored several goals with the U21's (I've only made 3 or 4 games this season, some of us work sundays :) ) and because in the one game he's started for the first team (Derry) he scored one and set one up. Oh, and his call up for the Ireland U21's isn't exactly a sign of a bad player

thecorner
10/10/2004, 11:12 PM
eanna dont even bother with the 2 of them(euphoria,stadler)

SSS
12/10/2004, 7:37 PM
City had the chances to win (Long hit the woodwork twice) but their undoing IMO was that they changed from the4-4-2 that has served them so well to a 3-5-2.
The back three included Lally, who is not a centre-back and the two wide players were Danny Murphy and Colin O'Shea who are fullbacks more than wingers. Early on I don't think they knew what to do and Gutts had a lot to do on his own in the middle (Aherne and Lally stayed a bit wide)