PDA

View Full Version : Ok??????????????

sligoman
10/10/2004, 3:25 PM
I know it's a bit early yet,but, who thinks or does'nt think Sean Connor is the right man for the job? :confused:

1 9 2 8
10/10/2004, 6:04 PM
He's got my full support. There's fcuk all he can do this season with team he got but I will be hoping for improvements next year

carriscrap
10/10/2004, 6:28 PM
Funny how everyone is prepared to give the new manager a chance but when Mickey Feeney was caretaker a lot of fans were getting on his back. It wasn't his squad and he deserved a chance to build his own side. After all he had all the same qualifications as Connor, maybe his only downside was that he was from Sligo. Always seems that the people that are treated the worst by Sligo Rovers are the locals, funny that.

DonalE
10/10/2004, 6:28 PM
the 2 players i was talking to seem to think he knows his stuff and are optimistic

1 9 2 8
10/10/2004, 6:33 PM
The Problem with Mickey Feeney was that he has no contacts for new players just like DO'R and the way Feeney handled Ian Rossiter was very poor. Who I think was one of our players this season

gustavo
10/10/2004, 10:42 PM
Who I think was one of our players this season
that he was 1928 , that he was .

carriscrap
11/10/2004, 10:34 AM
Come on there is no way you can say that Rossiter was one of our best players unless I'm missing out on some clever sarcasm. He was one of our most over-rated players, an ineffective right back who was a poor passer and a hot headed player that often got Rovers into trouble. Also he was one of O'Riordan's main men. He did no favours for Rovers on or off the pitch and was often heard running down the club in pubs in niteclubs, in sort he was the sort of local you could do without.

Also how do you know that Feeney had no contacts?

Terry
11/10/2004, 11:49 AM
but wasn't he scoring a few goals? or were they just from the penalty spot?

sligoman
11/10/2004, 6:29 PM
the 2 players i was talking to seem to think he knows his stuff and are optimistic

What players? You were'nt talking to any players,liar

sligoman
11/10/2004, 6:33 PM
Come on there is no way you can say that Rossiter was one of our best players unless I'm missing out on some clever sarcasm. He was one of our most over-rated players, an ineffective right back who was a poor passer and a hot headed player that often got Rovers into trouble. Also he was one of O'Riordan's main men. He did no favours for Rovers on or off the pitch and was often heard running down the club in pubs in niteclubs, in sort he was the sort of local you could do without.

Rossiter was a superb player for Rovers who performed well every game.Slightly hot headed but only when ref made wrong decisions(which was the whole time).He did a lot for Rovers.If he is so crap why is he playing every game for Harps?(a team who certainly dont need new players and a team who will be a premier division one next season)

carriscrap
11/10/2004, 7:22 PM
You must know him to put up a post like that. Come on Rossiter survived on reputation and the fact that he can kiss ass like no one else, just ask Don. Yes he is playing for Harps but he hasn't been playing well and when they get to the Premier he won't be there with them. Cretaro ran rings around him and that's what would happen to him week in, week out if he was in the Premier.

sligoman
11/10/2004, 10:33 PM
You must know him to put up a post like that.Cretaro ran rings around him

First of all, I dont know him and second, I'm confused :confused: were'nt Rossiter and Cretaro on the same team? I know we are bad but I dont think we challenged our own players! :D

carriscrap
12/10/2004, 9:35 AM
Left myself open for that. I was talking about the game last week between Harps and Rovers where Cretaro showed up Rossiter for the poor player that he is.

DonalE
12/10/2004, 7:31 PM
Sligoman,have u a clue? Obviously that post was bout the harps game when Rossi was markin Raff. Were you at the game? And why would I lie bout talkin to players? Its not like their superstars and i claim to know them all! Was just talking to them. You're the guy who said we could do without players like Christopher Kelly,have you ever been to an u21 game? He's a great player,you just think he should leave cos in one of his brief appearances in the first team he miscontrolled one ball.

DonalE
12/10/2004, 7:32 PM
And i didnt even see your post saying Rossi was superb! You a friend of siemprered?

sligoman
12/10/2004, 9:42 PM
Jamsie you are a Gomey.Cissy Kelly is S***E and everyone knows it(except you obviously).Get him out asap :mad: .Yes, I was at Rovers/Harps match and have been to a lot of u-21 games aswell.Raff was'nt up to much in that game and either was any of the Rovers players at that and I dont know Siempered-he is also a Gomey, so you sure you dont know him(seem to have a lot in common :D )?

carriscrap
13/10/2004, 12:13 PM
Listen and pay heed to this man's words, he is a prophet sent to save us poor souls who follow Sligo Rovers. We must all worship at his Castlebaldwin altar. Amen, Brother.

Redzer
13/10/2004, 1:55 PM
I suppose it is natural to question Sean Conner’s qualifications as coach, especially as he is an unknown. Don O’Riordan, Leo Tierney and to a lesser extent Mickey Feeney have tried to make these lads into a team capable of competing with other teams in this division. All have failed. I have seen both games in which SC has been in charge. There was an improvement in the way we played in the Harps game. It was a very defensive display in the first half. Harps threw everything at us, and to be fair we defended well. One moment of switching off in the second half led to the goal. Foley went down after a challenge and our lads stood up for a minute looking for a free, but Harps had the ball in the net before we reacted.
I would say that for the next 6 games, everyone is playing for their contract. I expect a greater effort from the players. Up to now they were sure there was a place for them in the team now with the new man they are not so sure. So, if nothing else, at least we should see some commitment.
Sean Conner did not leave Birmingham City to come to the West of Ireland to start his coaching career, if he has not got ambition. That more than anything has been missing for some time at the Showgrounds. I say give him the benefit of the doubt. I believe he has contacts, and he will bring in a few worthwhile players.

sligoman
13/10/2004, 5:25 PM
Don O’Riordan, Leo Tierney and to a lesser extent Mickey Feeney have tried to make these lads into a team capable of competing with other teams in this division. All have failed.

Hang on man,Leo Tierney was in charge for two games and that was Vs. Bray Wanderers, Just after O'Riordan's sacking.In this game we played very well and managed to get a point in the 0-0 draw at the Showgrounds and a 2-2 draw vs Athlone in St.Mels.So Tierney did'nt fail, just because he was assistant manager with Don for two or so seasons he still had f*** all say in team selection.So how can you say Mickey Feeney to a lesser extent when he was in charge for a lot longer than Tierney. :confused: ?

1 9 2 8
13/10/2004, 6:19 PM
Hang on man,Leo Tierney was in charge for one game and that was Vs. Bray Wanderers, Just after O'Riordan's sacking.
He was also incharge of the Athlone away game

DonalE
14/10/2004, 6:48 PM
Loe Tierney was in charge for 2 games actually. 2-2 draw away to Athlone waas his second.