PDA

View Full Version : Who's the best partner for Kilbane

Greenbod
10/10/2004, 11:18 AM
Just wondering who you guy's think should partner Kevin Kilbane in central midfield in future:

1 Roy Keane............currently holds the position but unconvincing in last couple of outings.
2 Graham Kavanagh...could do the job.
3 Matt Holland.....Returning from injury.

Burner
10/10/2004, 11:23 AM
That's nonsense- Keane is a definite starter- Kilbane can battle but he doesn't create much and was selfish last night when he won the ball outside the box and shot instead of flicking it inside to Robbie who was in a much better position.

I think he did well last night and was deserved man of the match but let's not get carried away here- he's not Zidane.

thejollyrodger
10/10/2004, 1:36 PM
Roy Keane and Kilbane does indeed work. I would stick with that for a while. I would rather have Kilane any day than Mr Invisible

Éanna
10/10/2004, 2:01 PM
I'd stick with keane and kilbane right now I'd say, but Kavanagh is a very good option as well.

brine3
10/10/2004, 7:35 PM
Hilarious thread title, brought tears of laughter to my eyes. :D

Éanna
10/10/2004, 9:58 PM
well, your signature gives you away bud. kilbane was the best irish midfielder in the premiership last season and he's doing it again this season. sure, england will kill for a left-footer of his quality

De Town
10/10/2004, 10:03 PM
I think we are getting a bit carried away here. Keano has been the most consistent Irish midfielder for the last ten years in the Premiership. Kilbane has been doing well for Everton this season but 1 great performance in an Ireland shirt doesn't make him a brilliant player.

tricky_colour
10/10/2004, 10:36 PM
What about his Everton team mate Carsley?

The highest player in the Actim index at number 13 (he was number 8 last time I looked though).
Other Irish players in the index
13 L Carsley Everton 1.33
18 S Carr Newcastle 1.27
43 A O'Brien Newcastle 1.01
49 K Kilbane Everton 1.00
53 S Given Newcastle 1.00
62 S Finnan Liverpool 0.91
69 R Keane Man Utd 0.89
83 J O'Shea Man Utd 0.83

Incidently the man at number 1 was......
1. T Henry Arsenal 2.51
but he is french of course ;)

Incidently there are the ratings I posted on 28th Sept

8 L Carsley Everton 1.29
16 S Carr Newcastle 1.16
33 K Kilbane Everton 1.01 (yes that much slagged off 'donkey')
40 A O'Brien Newcastle 0.94
42 D Kiely Charlton 0.92 (retired, I know)
52 S Given Newcastle 0.89
60 S Finnan Liverpool 0.86
68 R Keane Man Utd 0.81
94 J O'Shea Man Utd 0.73

Everyone has got worse apart from JOS. :D

roboyle
10/10/2004, 11:34 PM
Luckily enough Kilbane recently seems to be performing in the 'big' games - Brazil / Czech Republic / Holland (I think) - think he's cemented his first-choice status in the team after last night's performance - for now anyway. Will be interesting to see what develops when Holland is back to full fitness. Good to have a battle for places anyway!

roboyle
10/10/2004, 11:47 PM
On the assumption that RMK wont go to Germany,should we get there.....should be Holland & Kavanagh forthwith...... ;)

I'd always assumed that should we qualify, Keane would stick around for THIS world cup at least! ;)

Greenbod
11/10/2004, 9:12 AM
Roy Keane and Kilbane does indeed work. I would stick with that for a while. I would rather have Kilane any day than Mr Invisible

If Holland had played against the French, and performed exactly as Keane did, people would say he was "invisible" again. Keane was THE most invisible player in green on Saturday, and this followed a totally inept performance against the Swiss. He might be able to regain some form against the Faroes, but then I doubt if he'll play.

Peadar
11/10/2004, 10:02 AM
1 Roy Keane............currently holds the position but unconvincing in last couple of outings.

Keane was THE most invisible player in green on Saturday, and this followed a totally inept performance against the Swiss.

Obviously you don't watch the games! :rolleyes:
The amount of play Keane broke up on Saturday was unreal!
He made sure the French weren't able to build from the middle like they do at Arsenal. The Swiss game was a poor team performance.

tricky_colour
11/10/2004, 12:57 PM
I'd always assumed that should we qualify, Keane would stick around for THIS world cup at least! ;)

That will hinge on the training facilities in Germany :D