PDA

View Full Version : MODS or the lack of !!

A face
10/10/2004, 1:56 AM
No offence to Roar or Joe, but can we please get another MOD or two on the Cork City forum. The amount of fools in there recently is just getting all to much. Will we now have to boycott it to get a bit of peace ??

I think it warrants it anyway ... the amount of traffic there should justify it.
There are "members" who have come out of the woodwork all of a sudden to defend certain arguments ...... i am not suggesting that some of them are members here already and are posting under different handles now aswell but is there any way to determine this ?

More MODs please !! Patience is very much on the thin side !!

Gary
10/10/2004, 9:32 AM
Well perhaps if the supermods imposed themselves a tad more, there wouldnt be a problem.

Anyway, with forums, you will come across keyboard warriors and muppets, not to mention fellas who will register a new name for every different opinion. I dont think the city forum is any worse than anything else. In fact, compare it to other forums, and its positively muppet free!

Colm
10/10/2004, 12:22 PM
I'm with A face on this one.
Let's take the "Barking mad" thread as it's the prime example at the moment. This is a thread where we are seriously trying to organise something and it's being disrupted by muppets like Stadler and Aswad. If there was one or two more mods in the City forum or another couple of supermods this thread would have been split by now and the nonsense irrelevant posts moved to rubbish.

There are other threads where similar stuff is going on aswell and mostly the same culprits are responsible.

jofyisgod
10/10/2004, 1:12 PM
I'm with A face on this one.
muppets like Stadler and Aswad.

Agreed.These people are clearly there just to wind us up, and it's p1ssing me right off. And i'm sick of all this, attck the post sh1te when i insult a genuine sh1tstirrer.How can we go about getting a new mod? Would you be willing Colm?

dahamsta
10/10/2004, 1:49 PM
GWA has put himself forward as a mod. Any objections/comments/rants? :)

adam

jofyisgod
10/10/2004, 3:25 PM
Should be fine. Is he a City fan?

joe
10/10/2004, 5:17 PM
fine by me. i'm not around half as much these days and i think ruairi only has access when he's at work (?)

Dodge
11/10/2004, 3:51 PM
No offence to Roar or Joe, but can we please get another MOD or two on the Cork City forum. The amount of fools in there
I said something similar about 18 months ago and it created ructions :)

dahamsta
11/10/2004, 4:42 PM
GWA's a mod on the city forum now, so behave. :)

adam

A face
11/10/2004, 10:30 PM
I said something similar about 18 months ago and it created ructions :)

Who was causing the ructions ??

Ruairi
12/10/2004, 10:00 AM
GWA's a mod on the city forum now, so behave. :)

i plan to revolt. down with the grumpy old man!

:D

James
12/10/2004, 2:03 PM
Well perhaps if the supermods imposed themselves a tad more, there wouldnt be a problem.

fair point Gary

have been here in the background reading topics, but once i start treading on toes and moving threads etc in the past, i get accused of being powerhungry etc etc blah blah blah from ppl here!.

that said when ppl have overstepped the mark i have warned when warranted. i dont think the city board is that bad at the moment, theres always gona be ppl winding other ppl up, its part of the fun of all forums imo. i think some ppl should realise this and not take everything posted on internet forums as face value / ppls opinion, and get so caught up in it, that they resort to childish namecalling and flaming.

A face
12/10/2004, 2:34 PM
I'd have no problem James at all if it wasn't for that one thread. (Barking Mad in City Forum)

It was totally undermined by a few fools and they tried to fĂșck up the effort being made. Everything else fair game !!

James
12/10/2004, 2:53 PM
I'd have no problem James at all if it wasn't for that one thread. (Barking Mad in City Forum)

It was totally undermined by a few fools and they tried to fĂșck up the effort being made. Everything else fair game !!

then City mod, warn the muppet, delete the crap to bin and get on with it :)

also if someone else notices something amiss or out of order, pm the mod or the managers/ super mods. that way we'll get to it as soon as we hit the site via a pop-up.
i happended not to have read that thread as of yet. - i dont have time to read all the posts in every forum like i used to in me old job :)

pete
12/10/2004, 2:59 PM
I'm not on web much these days but hopefully be rectified in next few weeks. Can only glance through foot.ie every few days now...