PDA

View Full Version : FAI Intermediate Cup 2013 / 2014

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

DerekMcKenna
07/09/2013, 10:42 AM
The full draw for the FAI Intermediate Cup is now available HERE (http://thejuniorsoccerportal.info/fai-intermediate-cup-draw-2013-2014/)

the hawk
07/09/2013, 1:58 PM
Munster Senior League

Douglas Hall FC v Glasheen FC
Avondale United v Crofton Celtic FC
Rockmount v CIT FC
Midleton FC v Crosshaven AFC
Leeside AFC v Everton FC
Kinsale AFC v College Corinthians AFC
Ballincollig AFC v Ballinhassig AFC
Bandon FC v Wilton United FC

BYES:

Blarney United FC
Carrigaline United FC
Casement Celtic FC
Castleview AFC
Fermoy AFC
Leeds AFC
Mallow United
Mayfield United FC
Ringmahon Rangers FC
St. Mary’s AFC
Temple United FC
Tramore Athletic FC
UCC FC
Youghal United FC

Mustard
09/09/2013, 3:06 PM
Nice easy draw for Crofton Celtic !!

striker09
20/09/2013, 10:15 PM
Midleton 4 crosshaven 1 .
Very easy win

razor
21/09/2013, 4:23 PM
Heard Avondale beat Crofton 9-0

thebooboys
21/09/2013, 4:58 PM
Leeside 0-1 Everton
After Leeside disallowed a tight goal for offside Everton go up ten mins later & get a Scrappy/offside goal toward end of 1st half. Everton stronger for 20/25 mins of 2nd half but Leeside missed 2 or 3 one on ones to snatch equaliser.

FootballMad
21/09/2013, 7:40 PM
Leeside 0-1 Everton
After Leeside disallowed a tight goal for offside Everton go up ten mins later & get a Scrappy/offside goal toward end of 1st half. Everton stronger for 20/25 mins of 2nd half but Leeside missed 2 or 3 one on ones to snatch equaliser.

Was at the game myself and there was no goal disallowed and leeside were a physical side .. The pitch was in a bad way from were I was standing so the both team wernt able to keep the ball on deck.. Everton and leeside had chances... evertons goal wasnt offside as leeside had a defender on the post.. I was at tht side of the pitch so I saw it clear as day ..

thebooboys
21/09/2013, 10:23 PM
Ref blew for offside when the ball was being squared. If you take note of what I said I didnt dispute the refs call, said it was tight. As for Everton goal, nobody on posts as far as I could see. Nonetheless Everton deserved result

pacman
21/09/2013, 11:21 PM
Ref blew for offside when the ball was being squared. If you take note of what I said I didnt dispute the refs call, said it was tight. As for Everton goal, nobody on posts as far as I could see. Nonetheless Everton deserved result
Dont be so harsh on ye'reselves booboys. Thought there was nothing between the teams in fact ye had much the better chances. Ye're defence was strong and ye bullied them up front.

FootballMad
21/09/2013, 11:42 PM
Ya the ball was squared and the leeside player had shot the keeper tipped it over the bar if you were even there you would have seen that also.. Both teams played well from were I was standing .. Leeside are well organised and were well prepared.. .. it was a good cup game to watch...

mary
23/09/2013, 9:04 AM
Any report on the Bandon Wilton game.That's a big win for Wilton.

moonman
25/09/2013, 8:52 PM
Handy win for rockmount
rockmount 5 -0 Cit

1fortheTeam
26/09/2013, 2:19 PM
Handy win for rockmount
rockmount 5 -0 Citzico off the mark .theifs:D

zico365
26/09/2013, 10:52 PM
zico off the mark .theifs:D

Im confused here 1fortheteam?

schoolboygodno9
27/09/2013, 7:13 AM
Im confused here 1fortheteam?
his youngfella scored zico365

ringmahon4ever
01/10/2013, 2:17 PM
HOME TEAM V AWAY TEAM
1 * St. Mary's FC * V * Fermoy FC
2 * UCC FC * V * Midleton FC
3 * Temple United FC * V * College Corinthians FC
4 * Rockmount AFC * V * Everton AFC
5 * Mayfield United FC * V * Wilton United FC
6 Douglas Hall AFC / Glasheen FC * V * Avondale United FC
7 * Ringmahon Rangers FC * V * Castleview AFC
8 * Blarney United FC * V * Tramore Athletic FC
9 * Ballincollig AFC * V * Casement Celtic FC
10 * Mallow United FC * V * Carrigaline United FC
11 * Youghal United FC * V * Leeds AFC

splinter
01/10/2013, 5:02 PM
Few tasty games here lads any idea when ties are to be played

Clifford
01/10/2013, 8:21 PM
Oct bank hol weekend I think.

Another trip to St Mary's, no scouting mission needed there then. Ha ha. We're best buddies by now!

ringmahon4ever
02/10/2013, 4:51 AM
Week ending 27th October

KUFCMan
16/10/2013, 4:10 PM
Avondale United
9/4

Tolka Rovers
5/1

Crumlin United
5/1

Bluebell United
14/1

Rockmount
14/1

Bangor Celtic
20/1

St Mary's
20/1

Malahide United
20/1

Killester United
20/1

Everton (Cork)
25/1

College Corinthians
33/1

Douglas Hall
33/1

Leeds
33/1

Midleton FC
33/1

Fanad United
33/1

Phoenix FC
33/1

Cherry Orchard
33/1

St Patricks CyFC
40/1

Glebe North
50/1

Firhouse Clover
66/1

Leixlip United
66/1

Sacred Heart FC
66/1

KUFCMan
16/10/2013, 4:11 PM
That was boylesports betting

razor
17/10/2013, 9:36 AM
Avondale have lost a good few players form last years squad, still strong but not worthy of favourites.

moonman
18/10/2013, 1:39 AM
To be honest I don't think dales will win the league never mind the intermediate cup , struggled for long periods against most teams so far this season and I don't think the same enthusiasm is there with JR as it was JC !!!

razor
18/10/2013, 9:50 AM
To be honest I don't think dales will win the league never mind the intermediate cup , struggled for long periods against most teams so far this season and I don't think the same enthusiasm is there with JR as it was JC !!!To be fair they've yet to field a settled side, neither of the Longs has played much yet and they've had injuries and a couple of red cards.
From last year the defence and attack (bar Chubbs)are pretty much the same as last year. I think it's in midfield where their problems lie.

moonman
18/10/2013, 9:57 PM
To be fair they've yet to field a settled side, neither of the Longs has played much yet and they've had injuries and a couple of red cards.
From last year the defence and attack (bar Chubbs)are pretty much the same as last year. I think it's in midfield where their problems lie.
It will be interesting to see if the likes of Liam Kearney and ray stay for the season as cork city did come looking for Kearney when he came home but got mixed up with transfer dates so missed out on him !!! Loosing key players half true the season could have a massive impact on how dales figure out !!!

Two Touch
24/10/2013, 11:28 AM
Anyone know for definite when a team 'loses' home advantage in the intermediate cup if a game is called off due to the weather?

Superkeeper
24/10/2013, 12:54 PM
They get Two opportunities to play the game.

Eric
24/10/2013, 4:17 PM
Rockmount v Everton going ahead tonight?

Sparks
24/10/2013, 6:31 PM
Rockmount v Everton going ahead tonight?

Game called at 7:15 with both teams doing their warm ups

Two Touch
24/10/2013, 8:58 PM
They get Two opportunities to play the game.

You 100% sure on this? I think you are right but I was told the opposite tonight, that the home team only gets one chance now to get the game on & if they don't, then the game is switched.

Clifford
24/10/2013, 9:04 PM
I think you get two goes. You used to anyway in the Intermediate cup only. Didn't hear of any change. Can't see too many games going ahead if this carries on.

Superkeeper
24/10/2013, 9:04 PM
Referee should be disgusted with himself, if he even had one glance at tonight's weather he'd have none that getting a game played was highly unlikely, dragging both teams out to Whitechurch allowing them warm up and then call it off, absaloutely scandalous

old-head
24/10/2013, 9:42 PM
Referee should be disgusted with himself, if he even had one glance at tonight's weather he'd have none that getting a game played was highly unlikely, dragging both teams out to Whitechurch allowing them warm up and then call it off, absaloutely scandalous
Should mount not have called it off today?Saved everyone a journey...

Stats
25/10/2013, 7:03 AM
Should mount not have called it off today?Saved everyone a journey...

I am open to correction on this but i am pretty sure only the Referee could have called this game off.

What Rockmount could have done was inform the ref that the pitch was looking more and more unplayable and the ref could have got to the pitch early and made the call.

splinter
25/10/2013, 2:05 PM
If mount had any brain they would have called the game yesterday before the ref got out there. You can do this and end up saving money by not paying the ref, probably have too much money haha

Two Touch
25/10/2013, 3:20 PM
If mount had any brain they would have called the game yesterday before the ref got out there. You can do this and end up saving money by not paying the ref, probably have too much money haha

I think there is a rule in the FAI rule book somewhere stating that if the opposition have to travel over a certain distance (20km or something) then it is up to the home team to call the game to save on travelling. Other than that, it seems to be the ref's call.

I coud be totally wrong but i'm sure i read/heard that somewhere!

Clifford
26/10/2013, 3:10 PM
st Mary's v Fermoy fell victim to the rain.

Glenbuck
26/10/2013, 5:07 PM
UCC 3 Midleton 0. Hall v Dale off tomorrow.

the hawk
26/10/2013, 9:55 PM
UCC 3 Midleton 0. Hall v Dale off tomorrow.

Missed the first 20 mins but Ucc fully deserved this win ,never put under any sort of threat by Midelton who to be honest looked shocking
No creativity ,looked unfit and every ball seemed to be kicked just for the sake of it

Reminded me a lot of mayfield last year when plan A didnt work .Plan B was to throw fleming up top and hoof hoping for a flick on
Ucc were solid neville scored from a rehearsed free kick from about 40 yards ,poor goalkeeping if you ask me

Trojan work in the middle by hughie and callum and fierce shift put in by josh and Mark up top

Could be a long year for Midelton if things don't change

Superkeeper
26/10/2013, 10:10 PM
where's it gone wrong for mideltons so far, really expected them to kick on this year, there really finding the going tough at the moment

Goggs
27/10/2013, 6:53 AM
Ucc are a very good side at home realistically they were always favourites to win this one. As what's wrong gone wrong with Midleton. Nothing there in a semi of the Kean cup and have one match played in the league, they had one bad day Which any team can.

mayfield utd
30/10/2013, 12:00 AM
Missed the first 20 mins but Ucc fully deserved this win ,never put under any sort of threat by Midelton who to be honest looked shocking No creativity ,looked unfit and every ball seemed to be kicked just for the sake of it Reminded me a lot of mayfield last year when plan A didnt work .Plan B was to throw fleming up top and hoof hoping for a flick on Ucc were solid neville scored from a rehearsed free kick from about 40 yards ,poor goalkeeping if you ask me Trojan work in the middle by hughie and callum and fierce shift put in by josh and Mark up top i think you got your facts wrong,because ian fleming got injured for us against avondale in the 2nd league game of the season and didn't play for the rest of the season. Could be a long year for Midelton if things don't changei think you got your facts wrong, because ian fleming got injured for us against avondale in the 2nd league game of the season and didn't play for the rest of the season

littleman
30/10/2013, 9:08 AM
100% right Mayfield, I thought for a fella who's called the hawk his eyesight might be better :)

I respect everyone's opinion, as long as it's a respectful opinion :)

Southsider
30/10/2013, 7:43 PM
i think you got your facts wrong, because ian fleming got injured for us against avondale in the 2nd league game of the season and didn't play for the rest of the season

I think we all know hawk is thinking of Brozzy.

the hawk
30/10/2013, 7:47 PM
I think we all know hawk is thinking of Brozzy.

Thanks Southsider

Its hard to tell who is who when the ball is in the air that much :ball::plane::bad:

ringmahon4ever
05/11/2013, 2:19 PM
HOME TEAM V AWAY TEAM
1 UCC FC V Swords Celtic FC
2 Youghal United FC / Leeds AFC V Malahide United FC
3 Killester United FC V Drumcondra FC
4 Dublin University FC V St. Mochtas FC
5 Belgrove/Home Farm FC V Temple United FC / College Corinthians FC
6 Skerries Town FC V Leixlip United FC
7 Ringmahon Rangers FC / Castleview FC V Greystones AFC / Tolka Rovers FC
8 Rockmount AFC / Everton V Douglas Hall AFC / Avondale United FC
9 Casement Celtic FC V Bluebell United FC
10 Blarney United FC / Tramore Athletic FC V Mallow United FC / Carrigaline United FC
11 Swilly Rovers FC V UCD FC
12 Letterkenny Rovers FC V St. Francis FC
13 Mayfield United FC V Greystones United FC
14 Crumlin United FC V Cockhill Celtic FC
15 Phoenix FC V St. Mary's AFC / Fermoy AFC
16 St. Patrick's CY FC V Glenville FC

Clifford
05/11/2013, 4:16 PM
Tasty draw if mount and dale get through this weekend or is that a mouthwatering fixture from another era??? may well be hall v Everton.

Away to Pheonix if we manage to win at Mary's this weekend. What are they like these days?

Pass pass pass
05/11/2013, 7:38 PM
Tasty draw if mount and dale get through this weekend or is that a mouthwatering fixture from another era??? may well be hall v Everton.

Away to Pheonix if we manage to win at Mary's this weekend. What are they like these days?
Beat Mary's last year in fai cup in Mary's back so they wouldn't be all that bad id say.

Thebeanosarebac
05/11/2013, 8:43 PM
Home to bluebell in the intermediate cup delighted with that draw!

Glenbuck
05/11/2013, 8:57 PM

Away to Pheonix if we manage to win at Mary's this weekend. What are they like these days? Your around long enough to know its game by game in this cup competition.