PDA

View Full Version : we havent got a hope!!!!!!!!!

thecorner
08/10/2004, 11:05 PM
according to that muppet that was commentating on the shels/drogs game tonight with pat dolan

does he even know where teams are in the league table?????????

kept on repeating the only team that can catch shels now are bohs

does he not know that if we win our games in hand we go above bohs

where do they find some of these people

leave em where they belong on the premiership on saturday evenings

its plain to see that they dont have a clue i.e. "gareth farrely will definitly be tuned into this tonight" eh.......bohs have a game..didnt cop on til dolan put him wide

we have a chance of winning this league and its a better chance than bohs have

Stadler
08/10/2004, 11:12 PM
we have a chance of winning this league

does anyone actually believe that? looking at the way shels have played all season they're likely to finish 15 points clear of the pack.

thecorner
08/10/2004, 11:19 PM
does anyone actually believe that? looking at the way shels have played all season they're likely to finish 15 points clear of the pack.

while there is points on the board...there is always a chance

and note that im not just stating that,im on about the tossers at rte who dont have a clue what they are on about

Stadler
08/10/2004, 11:23 PM
there's a big difference betweent something being mathematiclly possible and something being ACTUALLY possible. Fellas have proved all sorts of stuff in theory but trying to put them into practice is a whole different ball game.

thecorner
09/10/2004, 12:38 AM
there's a big difference betweent something being mathematiclly possible and something being ACTUALLY possible. Fellas have proved all sorts of stuff in theory but trying to put them into practice is a whole different ball game.

if its mathematicall possible,it is actually possible ;)

A face
09/10/2004, 12:50 AM

Ignore the fool !!

ian
09/10/2004, 10:37 AM
As I said city for 2nd spot at the end and I say it again city for 2nd come on city it is upto the lads on the pitch to do it.

All pat can do is put out the best team he can then they will have to do the job on the pitch.

Flynninio
09/10/2004, 10:46 AM
great comeback with pats last night. i thought bohs won two nil - nice to hear they equalized so late on radio this morning.aertel at it again with delayed results.city have to sieze the moment now.no direspect to inter toto but nobody outside small nations gis a fcuk about it.uefa all the way.............

Flynninio
09/10/2004, 10:48 AM
canning is from douglas - i thought he would have known better to.

thecorner
09/10/2004, 12:40 PM
WE ARE NOT GOING TO WIN THE LEAGUE. NO ONE CAN STOP SHELS. When will people stop saying it's possible.

City for 2nd :D :D :D
well im not giving up hope until it is mathametically impossible

theres nothing stopping bohs beating shels twice over the next couple of weeks...bohs will be really up for these games and could take points doin us a favour in the process

can u imagine the last game of the seaon at the cross against bohs with all to play for :ball:

harry crumb
09/10/2004, 11:39 PM
Well, that post by Aswad just makes me mad. How can you say City are not an equal of Bohs of Shels for that matter. I'm convinced we have the best collection of players in the league.

For some reason we have not SCORED against the top teams.

Bohs came to Cork for the league match following the Euro run at a rain-socked Turner's Cross and we DOMINATED Bohs but they managed to sneak a 0-1 win.

Similarly Shels came to Cork and sneaked a win with their only real chance of the half.

The only part of Cork City that has let us down is the CROWD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We should have 6000+++++++++++++++++++ at every match!

At RAINY Bohs match there was barely 2000 at it and suprise, suprise we lost. Same again at the televised Shels match. Against Nehimegan, and
NAntes the performance levels were huge.

It must be gut renching to come onto the field at the Cross and see an empty St. Annes end.....................

Stadler
10/10/2004, 7:13 PM

But if it was ACTUALLY still possible people wouldn't be going around saying it was MATHEMATICALLY possible. Do you see the difference? People aren't going around saying it's mathematically possible for Shels to retain their league title. They're saying it's possible/probably/likely because, guess what, the league title is going back to Drumcondra again this year!

Druss
11/10/2004, 12:56 PM
But if it was ACTUALLY still possible people wouldn't be going around saying it was MATHEMATICALLY possible. Do you see the difference? People aren't going around saying it's mathematically possible for Shels to retain their league title. They're saying it's possible/probably/likely because, guess what, the league title is going back to Drumcondra again this year!

Yeah but why should RTE think it is either ACTUALLY ot MATHEMATICALLY possible for Bohs to catch Shels..but not us??? :confused:

I agree with the corner. I was really annoyed by the RTE statements. I don't think it is in any way likely that we can catch Shels, but if Bohs are considered to be contenders, then we should be too.

Bloody Dublin meeja. :mad:

Gary
11/10/2004, 3:13 PM
Maybe the only reason they were saying such drivel is to try and push their next TV game - Shels Vs Bohs?

The only thing Im surprised by here is that people are surprised by RTEs ignorance. As far as Im concerned they can write CCFC off all they want, that way there isnt as big pressure on the team.

thecorner
11/10/2004, 9:15 PM
well lads things looking good.....eh stadler, euphoria ;)

thecorner
12/10/2004, 6:49 AM
this league is there for the taking..just heard there from a buddy that was at the game last night that heary and rogers were fighting with fans

shels are starting to crack and we are nicely poised

observer
12/10/2004, 9:08 AM
News flash for all you Corkonians - Ger Canning knows SFA about GAA either! ;)

patsh
12/10/2004, 9:39 AM
Setanta Cup and UEFA Cup football would be great.Have to agree with that.
It's unrealistic to think we can get a points total higher than $hels, so Bohs winning a lot of games is not great news for us.
Drogs are not out of it yet, and even though I hate to say it, the thugs from WaterSh*tholeford are very close to us too.

thecorner
12/10/2004, 1:56 PM
The league isn't there for the taking Corner....it's there for Shelbourne to lose. It's out of our hands. .

if bohs beat shels friday night again, then the incintive is their to win our remaining games and we win the league.

im sure shels will still drop even more points

GavinZac
12/10/2004, 2:01 PM
if bohs beat shels friday night again, then the incintive is their to win our remaining games and we win the league.

im sure shels will still drop even more points

so do you think you should change the thread title then? :D

thecorner
12/10/2004, 2:02 PM
so do you think you should change the thread title then? :D

eh go back to the first post and u will see why the thread is called that :rolleyes:

Pablo
12/10/2004, 2:58 PM
lots of talk about a late push by City for the title.

i'm hopefull but i would doubt that big a gap can be closed.

Now, if we beat the sheepshagg€rs on friday and Bohs beat shels again we may then have a chance with two games in hand and shels still to play

Dare we dream. Friday is big in more ways than one.........

patsh
12/10/2004, 3:12 PM
I think what the corner means is that the vast majority of City fans do not think, realistically, that we can win the league.

We would have to win all our remaining games, and while possible, is highly improbable.

pete
12/10/2004, 3:13 PM
Ironically would almost have been better for shel$ to beat Bohs & then finish them off on friday. That way we'd have be favourites for 2nd place.

Drogs look like another bad result away from collapsing but still time for them to pick it up at the end.

City seem to always have a slump in the middle of the season only to come on late surge!

Pablo
12/10/2004, 3:17 PM
Ironically would almost have been better for shel$ to beat Bohs & then finish them off on friday. That way we'd have be favourites for 2nd place.

Thats what i think too. bohs and city might both end up having a great run of results and City might not benefit, realistically we want a Shels win on friday night.

But i can see where people are coming from its tempting to think we could go on the mother of all runs and win the title on the last day of the season at home! Dreams!

tiktok
12/10/2004, 3:23 PM
I don't think anyone can win the league bar Shels at this stage so of the options...

1. Shels beat everyone and City are fifteen points off them but in second place
2. Shels start to struggle, City end up five points off them at the end but are in third/fourth

I'll have the first of those, thank you very much.
Come on Shels on friday. :eek:

thecorner
12/10/2004, 3:24 PM
jeez sorry. should i ask before i post or what?

ohhhh..

how got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning ;)

Pablo
12/10/2004, 3:26 PM
I don't think anyone can win the league bar Shels at this stage so of the options...

1. Shels beat everyone and City are fifteen points off them but in second place
2. Shels start to struggle, City end up five points off them at the end but are in third/fourth

I'll have the first of those, thank you very much.
Come on Shels on friday. :eek:

the more i think about it i think its time to let the head rule the heart.

2nd= setanta and UEFA cup we need that position and the sooner bohs start dropping points the better

Éanna
12/10/2004, 3:30 PM
Don't think its entirely unrealistic, and a bit of groundless optimism is always nice ;)
Look at it this way. We're 12 points off Shels with 2 games in hand, win those 2 games and its 6 points. We still have to play them- if we beat them its only 3 points. Very very unlikely, but not to be ruled out.

thecorner
12/10/2004, 3:38 PM

3.shels start to struggle ,city win their remaining games and lift the title ;)

tiktok
12/10/2004, 3:49 PM
3.shels start to struggle ,city win their remaining games and lift the title ;)

there's optimism :D :D

ian
12/10/2004, 3:51 PM
Lads I think that we will finish second at the end of the season. It would be nice if we did finished first but I can't see it happen. :ball:

GavinZac
12/10/2004, 4:13 PM
eh go back to the first post and u will see why the thread is called that :rolleyes:

christ you dont understand the cncept of sarcasm in this day and age, and especially, on this board?

dont roll your eyes at me ya pup ;)

thecorner
17/10/2004, 2:18 PM
love to see mr. canning now and get his views ;)

Fair_play_boy
17/10/2004, 5:59 PM
love to see mr. canning now and get his views ;)
Who? :rolleyes: