PDA

View Full Version : New era

ranting rover
08/10/2004, 6:24 PM
I have also been inspired to post by the monotony of Simplered. In a nutshell, all of his posts say the same thing. For someone with a degree in psychology he has a definate lack in understanding the manner of debate and considered thought.

Moving on...

I feel that this is a new era for the club. Before our simple friend starts dribbling on his keyboard, I'm not necessarily saying that it will be a successful era - but we have definately turned over a new page. I think Connor's appointment was carefully considered and many lessons have been learned from the Don fiasco.

As much as we like to allude ourselves, we are a mid-table Divison 1 club living on our patchy history and not an attractive prospect for many available managers. So I feel Connor's appointment is a good step forward. Yes we have potential - but no club (anywhere in the world) has the right to be in a higher division on past merit and we linger where we do because we deserve it. (Whether the fans deserve more from the board is a different issue)

I was on holiday and missed the appointment and the rush of messages that followed. Although excited at the appointment, I was dismayed at the amount of negative comments and nitpicking of his CV. Any job seeker in any industry will talk up his CV. And any business making a relatively high profile appointment will talk up their appointment. It's human nature and absolutely understandable.

Everyone of us should give our new manager our full support. I know I will.

ranting rover
08/10/2004, 6:32 PM
em - of course when I said 'allude' I actually meant delude. :o