PDA

View Full Version : Pre-kickoff Aviva Pagentry

Grafter
25/08/2013, 11:09 AM
http://www.independent.ie/woman/celeb-news/nervous-model-nadia-prepares-to-belt-out-the-national-anthem-at-our-big-world-cup-tie-29525349.html
http://darkroom.sundayworld.com/800/0/652bc1d0ab5397fe7b2a745a9d1a8d9a:50b6c8b56751e4339 0b3bf52c1d1421b/
I saw this article about Johnny D's new best friend model Nadia Forde being chosen to sing the Anthem at Sweden game next month and it served to remind me how ridiculously dragged out the beginning of matches are at the Aviva these days. I think there's about 10 minutes of the players hanging around on the pitch before kick-offs between dignitaries, Anthems, Fair Play speeches, big screen video tributes and minute silences! Personally I find minute silences happen more often than not nowadays and are a load of ******** in my opinion unless there is a genuine tragedy on the day of the match. To have players enter the pitch and then to stand still for 10 minutes is an absolute atmospheric buzz-kill in my opinion... no wonder Ciaran Clark passed then ball to the Austrian's early on in March, sure the pure lad was probably lulled to sleep by the nonsense before the game!

DannyInvincible
25/08/2013, 12:40 PM
All part of the "spectacle".

Where's the photo from, by the way? Smooth; only thing missing is drool from his gob.

Grafter
25/08/2013, 12:44 PM
Where's the photo from
http://www.sundayworld.com/entertainment/showbiz/nadia-forde-and-john-delaney-tear-up-the-dancefloor

Charlie Darwin
25/08/2013, 2:05 PM
I don't know who this person is, and I wish I didn't know who her new best friend was.

Crosby87
25/08/2013, 2:51 PM
I'm surprised this does not tickle many of your fancies. I could see Sullivino pretending not to like it but way liking it.

Grafter
04/09/2013, 12:42 PM
Here's Nadia like a trooper going through rehearsals for the anthem yesterday. This new initiative by the FAI to have Irish "celebrities" singing the national anthem spells danger as no doubt the spectre of Ronan Keating would be on the horizon should we reach the playoffs....:(
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1185660_654994094519340_1186001982_n.jpg

EAFC_rdfl
04/09/2013, 1:23 PM
that's prime for photoshopping....!

Junior
04/09/2013, 2:34 PM
The astroturf is looking good;)

Sullivinho
04/09/2013, 3:58 PM
This new initiative by the FAI to have Irish "celebrities" singing the national anthem spells danger as no doubt the spectre of Ronan Keating would be on the horizon should we reach the playoffs....:(

'Tis a slippery slope indeed. One which could only culminate in Sinéad O'Connor tearing up a photo of Trapattoni on the Mineirão pitch in Belo Horizonte, as we prepare to face group winners Colombia with only pride to play for.

tetsujin1979
04/09/2013, 4:26 PM
play on!

BonnieShels
05/09/2013, 9:23 AM
Here's Nadia like a trooper going through rehearsals for the anthem yesterday. This new initiative by the FAI to have Irish "celebrities" singing the national anthem spells danger as no doubt the spectre of Ronan Keating would be on the horizon should we reach the playoffs....:(
https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1185660_654994094519340_1186001982_n.jpg

So I was sitting in my office (Which is about 500m from Lansdowne) yesterday and I was thinking, "Jaysus, am I going mad or is that the National Anthem?"

Thanks for solving the mystery.

geysir
05/09/2013, 9:26 AM
It's nice to see somebody wearing a watch.

back of the net
05/09/2013, 11:39 AM
Have no idea how good/bad a singer Nadia is and i hope it goes well for her BUT i really hate singers /bands coming onto the pitch and doing the anthem

Anthem shud be sung by just the crowd and the anthem background music - think it makes for more a passionate atmosphere which is what the players need on big nights like tomorrow

Really wish it was done this way tomorrow nite

DannyInvincible
05/09/2013, 11:42 AM
It's nice to see somebody wearing a watch.

Very nice weather. Is it expected to remain so for Friday evening?

back of the net
05/09/2013, 11:46 AM
Very nice weather. Is it expected to remain so for Friday evening?

Tomorrow

Tomorrow will be another cool, fresh, day, with sunny spells and scattered showers. Some of the showers will be heavy, with a risk of thunder, especially in the southwest. More persistent rain will develop along east and northeast coasts later. Breezy, with moderate to fresh north to northwest winds. Highest temperatures 13 to 16 degrees, highest in the east and southeast

I feel like Joan Blackburn now

Grafter
05/09/2013, 1:07 PM
Congratulations to both Shane Long and Anthony Pilkington who it is rumoured have been nominated for a "Mellberg Award" for services to Beards. It is suspected that the lucky winner will be presented with their Award prior to kickoff tomorrow by the bearded Swedish pioneer himself!:rolleyes:

http://www.getprice.com.au/images/uploadimg/2902/A00558-main940e93793cd7fb0f81f9b32c4501ba6d.jpg

wonder88
06/09/2013, 3:35 PM
Is she getting paid for this? I would prefer the crowd belting out Amhrán na bFhiann, but good luck to Nadia and it is another great idea by John Delanney, to follow on the pipe bands from Achill and Aranmore. He reminds me a lot of Charlie Haughey when he was in charge of the country, always has the common touch and understands what the ordinary people want.

Lionel Ritchie
06/09/2013, 3:45 PM
Is she getting paid for this? I would prefer the crowd belting out Amhrán na bFhiann, but good luck to Nadia and it is another great idea by John Delanney, to follow on the pipe bands from Achill and Aranmore. He reminds me a lot of Charlie Haughey when he was in charge of the country, always has the common touch and understands what the ordinary people want.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lthhihJULx1r4alnuo1_500.jpg

geysir
06/09/2013, 4:00 PM
Drink?

OwlsFan
07/09/2013, 10:04 PM
Have no idea how good/bad a singer Nadia is and i hope it goes well for her BUT i really hate singers /bands coming onto the pitch and doing the anthem

Anthem shud be sung by just the crowd and the anthem background music - think it makes for more a passionate atmosphere which is what the players need on big nights like tomorrow

Really wish it was done this way tomorrow nite

It was dreadful. The slowest version I ever heard and had the crowd almost falling asleep trying to stay with her.

back of the net
08/09/2013, 2:38 PM
It was dreadful. The slowest version I ever heard and had the crowd almost falling asleep trying to stay with her.

She confirmed my point.....the anthem shud only be sung by the crowd.

She massacred it, she tried to do an operatic version of it and thus lost the crowd because of it.

She took away the passion of the anthem , which a shocking thing to happen.

I hope delaney realizes what an idiot he is and what a mistake he made.

It was an embarrassing and cringeworthy effort from her

Lionel Ritchie
08/09/2013, 9:52 PM
She took away the passion of the anthem , which a shocking thing to happen.

I hope delaney realizes what an idiot he is and what a mistake he made.

It was an embarrassing and cringeworthy effort from her

I was too distracted by the prospect of the game to really care the other night but the more I've thought about it since the more it irks me and the more indicative I find it of what's wrong with the FAI. Pick whatever metaphor you like ...fiddling while Rome Burns, painted sepulchres, window dressing -but with all that's wrong and inadequate in irish football ...what do they do to appear to be doing something? Get some bint to sing AnaB so it'll go viral on twitter.

There are plenty of programmes on RTE and tv3 for people who who want to butcher any song they want with half arsed Mariah-isms.

If in an episode of The Simpsons a fashion model with a competent but unremarkable voice ploughed her way through the anthem before an Isotopes or Meltdowns game it'd be sniggeringly inferred that she got the gig by blowing the mayor.

Pretty girl for sure and when she farts I'm sure the room fills with scent of Lavender but for christsake let the fans do the singing.

Charlie Darwin
08/09/2013, 9:55 PM
Was your one a model? I thought she was just a crap singer.

Grafter
08/09/2013, 10:02 PM
I was too distracted by the prospect of the game to really care the other night but the more I've thought about it since the more it irks me and the more indicative I find it of what's wrong with the FAI. Pick whatever metaphor you like ...fiddling while Rome Burns, painted sepulchres, window dressing -but with all that's wrong and inadequate in irish football ...what do they do to appear to be doing something? Get some bint to sing AnaB so it'll go viral on twitter.

There are plenty of programmes on RTE and tv3 for people who who want to butcher any song they want with half arsed Mariah-isms.

If in an episode of The Simpsons a fashion model with a competent but unremarkable voice ploughed her way through the anthem before an Isotopes or Meltdowns game it'd be sniggeringly inferred that she got the gig by blowing the mayor.

Pretty girl for sure and when she farts I'm sure the room fills with scent of Lavender but for christsake let the fans do the singing.

Ah sure they got the big idea from Sweden away game but it was done with more pace in Stockholm. Honestly some of the orgasmic warblings from her were akin to that "When Harry Met Sally" scene....

Did you notice the moments applause before teams entered pitch - they had an In Memorium for FOUR individuals! They even fecked Seamus Heaney RIP into the mix for good measure:rolleyes:

Lionel Ritchie
08/09/2013, 10:04 PM
Apparently this was the official launch of her new "singing career" Charlie.

:bomb:

I know Wales have had a pretty girl sing the anthem before games (rugby though I think) but in her defence I think Katherine Jenkins had sold a record or two and had cut her teeth as a professional singer before getting a free ad in front of 50,000 punters and however many in telly land.

It's more cringeworthy on every countenance.

Charlie Darwin
08/09/2013, 10:11 PM
You won't be buying her CD then, Lionel? She's no Commodore, by all accounts.

back of the net
09/09/2013, 1:08 AM

Lionel did u edit my post for a reason?

I think we basically have the same opinion on this

I am fuming that she was picked

the anthem is the supporters moment.

Lionel Ritchie
09/09/2013, 10:12 AM
Nope. Just quoted the bit I needed and was rowing in behind. As you say -we're of the same mind on this. The anthem IS the supporters moment -not a launchpad for someone's pet project.

I just felt brushed by the wings of something dark there as I remembered an article in the press last week which claimed the bankrupt one in Westlife is "launching his solo career" in the coming weeks.

I've two tickets for the Kazakstan game going free if that's where he ends up.