PDA

View Full Version : Who decides this?

sligoman
07/10/2004, 5:02 PM
Who decides the refs and linesmen for each game? Because it was a joke last night in Finn Park, the linesman was Terence Moyne(f****r), he's a Finn Harps fan from Donegal.Now you might just say I'm been a sore loser but I have seen this man on numerous occasions in the crowd cheering for Harps against the Bit o' Red.He is also constantly at the Showgrounds mostly refereeing but lately on the sidelines running up and down.In fairness, in yesterday's game both teams were very poor,I personally dont think any team deserved to win, it was all very scrapy.But it was'nt helped by the fact of a Donegal man running the line, do Rovers officials not notice this? Can they not contact the F.A.I. and complain? I mean they are our biggest rivals,Agree/Disagree? :mad:

harpskid
07/10/2004, 5:08 PM
FYI Terence Moyne supports Derry City. He gets stick about it all the time up here.

I see the order for sour grapes has come in anyway :rolleyes:

harpskid
07/10/2004, 5:12 PM
P.s Dub refs get Dub teams all the time...

sligoman
07/10/2004, 5:19 PM
I'm not been sour, go to Finn Harps forum and you'll see I've congratulated ye.There is a lot of professional teams in Dublin so there is a difference there each ref could support diff teams obviously.If he a Derry fan why is he there at all the matches? and dont you think he would not favour Harps ahead of Rovers?(saying as he is from Donegal)

harpskid
07/10/2004, 5:23 PM
I see your message and thanks for that but Terence isn't a Harps fan...

It aint against the law to go and watch a game as a neutral ye know, so you probably did see him at a Rovers - Harps game allright.

Naw i don't think he'd favour Harps, if he did show favouritism then he shouldn't be a referee, simple as that!!

Crambler
07/10/2004, 5:25 PM
Home Town Officals Dont Work In Home Teams Favour,if Anything They Give More Decisions To The Away Team.down Thru The Years Anytime I Have Seen Cork Officals Ref Cobh Games I Am Left Wondering About Decisions They Make.much Prefer To See Officals From Outside Cork Ref Cobh Games.
Overall The Standard Of The Officals In The 1st Div Is Very Poor ,it Effects The Games Something Must Be Done To Improve Them.