PDA

View Full Version : Cheer the Faroes Left Back...

Darco Ooragnak
07/10/2004, 12:31 PM
Please send this in an E.Mail to all people you know who are going to the game, and post it on other boards.....

Cheer the Faroes Left Back.....

As you are aware Ireland play The Faroe Islands next week in a World Cup Qualifier. These games are normally non-events with the crowd not getting involved much. Also in the past few years the Irish Fans have been criticised for booing some of the opposition players...therefore due to these two reasons i have a plan which i would like you to endorse.

Start a campaign to cheer the Faroe Island Left back. I haven`t a clue who he is, but whenever he touches the ball all Irish fans should cheer him. All those passes along the back line to him should be cheered, his runs along the wing should be cheered. This will result in a number of things:-

We will totally confuse the poor fella.
It will liven up what will probably be a boring match.
It will get the crowd shouting and cheering.

Today is Thursday, if you start this campaign over the next few days i believe that we can get things going.......what do you think?????

For more info E.Mail cheer_the_faroes_left_back@yahoo.co.uk

Darco Ooragnak

elwood
07/10/2004, 12:50 PM
someone has been at the funny fags :D

Lionel Ritchie
07/10/2004, 1:07 PM
Brilliant idea!!!!

We should contact some of the radio stations. they might help get the ball rolling on this. :D

elwood
07/10/2004, 1:09 PM
offtheball@newstalk106.ie

they are always up for a bit of fun or ring the office and some of the team will talk to you about it 01 6445124

greg o brien
07/10/2004, 1:22 PM
lets hear it for the left back, poor fella has probably never been cheered on in his entire football life. come on lefty!!!! :ball:

Colm55
07/10/2004, 1:26 PM
This is getting around fast, I heard it on Today FM's Sports news at about 7.45 this morning, Great idea!!

thejollyrodger
07/10/2004, 1:30 PM
great idea !! :ball: :ball:

Fr. Murphy
07/10/2004, 1:43 PM
Darco Ooragnak, would you be the faroe's left back by any chance and you just want to put one over your team mates for being more popular!?! But dont worry ill be cheering yer man anyway. If you had his name try and put a song together t'would be great craic.

cullenswood
07/10/2004, 1:46 PM
Brilliant, we have to do this!

NY Hoop
07/10/2004, 2:12 PM
Incredible rubbish. Only in Ireland. Has he sent this joke mail to any other countries? Has he ****?

Get behind the team not an opposition player FFS! Thank christ I gave up going to lansdowne a decade ago :rolleyes:

KOH

elwood
07/10/2004, 2:22 PM
it makes a change from the celtic bragade booing players, i for one will be doing it.

koneinc
07/10/2004, 2:37 PM
and I'll be joining you elwood :D

Get a sense of humour NY :p

eirebhoy
07/10/2004, 2:41 PM
Incredible rubbish. Only in Ireland. Has he sent this joke mail to any other countries? Has he ****?

Get behind the team not an opposition player FFS! Thank christ I gave up going to lansdowne a decade ago :rolleyes:

KOH
As much as I hate complacency, this is no more than a training session.

Fr. Murphy
07/10/2004, 3:09 PM
As much as I hate complacency, this is no more than a training session.

Totally agree, They are in all fairness the weakest team in the group and possible Europe.

NY Hoop
07/10/2004, 3:13 PM
and I'll be joining you elwood :D

Get a sense of humour NY :p

What does a cannibal do after he dumps his wife?

He wipes his hole!

KOH

greg o brien
07/10/2004, 3:40 PM

KOH

cheer up NY, we'll be getting behind our team like never before on saturday night, so what wrong with having a little fun next wednesday. it a harmless laugh and great to see irish fans in good spirits, besides if you haven't been in lansdowne in a decade who are you to tell anyone to get behind the team FFS!!! lighten up :)

Bondvillain
07/10/2004, 3:54 PM
its a harmless laugh and great to see irish fans in good spirits, besides if you haven't been in lansdowne in a decade who are you to tell anyone to get behind the team FFS!!! lighten up :)

Dammit I was gonna say that!

koneinc
07/10/2004, 4:08 PM
What does a cannibal do after he dumps his wife?

He wipes his hole!

KOH

http://www.ultimateheight.co.uk/images/tumbleweed.gif :rolleyes:

NY Hoop
07/10/2004, 4:17 PM
cheer up NY, we'll be getting behind our team like never before on saturday night, so what wrong with having a little fun next wednesday. it a harmless laugh and great to see irish fans in good spirits, besides if you haven't been in lansdowne in a decade who are you to tell anyone to get behind the team FFS!!! lighten up :)

You dont have to go to lansdowne to be a real fan. Besides we go to most of the away ones. Somebody has to say something about getting behond the team. You can hear the players shouting on tv!!

Dont forget your leprechaun suit and plastic hammer :o

KOH

Darco Ooragnak
07/10/2004, 4:34 PM
..Been in contact with a couple of the Radio Stations. If any of you have contacts in Radio / print media that would be great.

Kowalski
07/10/2004, 4:48 PM
Why dont we just start a campaign to get Brian Kerr to call up LA Liga Legend Ian Harte, hes always up for a few ironic cheers.

Pauro 76
07/10/2004, 5:50 PM
Nice idea that one!!! Could someone report back and let us know did we actually cheer the Faroes left-back? Wonder whatever happened the Faroes keeper, you know the one with the wooly cap?

Slash/ED
07/10/2004, 5:56 PM
It'll be the best reception for an opposition player in Lansedown since that Turkish sub keeper

tetsujin1979
08/10/2004, 8:45 AM
That was classic, best thing was Richard Dunne in possession on the half way line, some bloke sitting down from me screaming "shoot, go on". I would have fancied his chances too!

Bowsy
08/10/2004, 11:54 AM
I'm all for this idea. will be a laugh at least.

That Turkish goalie was the funniest thing in a long time. He had to have won a represent your country competition. The way he came back off high fiving everyone was priceless. :D

Lionel Ritchie
11/10/2004, 11:06 AM
first off -top drawer support from the away fans in Paris on saturday. Now to carry that atmosphere back to lansdowne. C'mon the Faroes left back!!!! :D

Darco Ooragnak
11/10/2004, 12:22 PM
Cheers for the support of this idea. If you mail the following it would help push things along...

sport@thestar.ie

fullirish@2fm.ie

dunphy@newstalk106.ie

pcollins@todayfm.com

Lionel Ritchie
11/10/2004, 12:51 PM
done em all mate

here's a couple of more

petsounds@todayfm.com

joe@rte.ie

Kingdom
11/10/2004, 2:09 PM
Likewise.

Got a reply from Joe @ RTE asking for a number . He probably wants to know what happened to the woman from Clontarf.........

glasgabhainn
11/10/2004, 2:15 PM
Apparently, our new best friend is Suni Olsen and he plays for the powerhouses of faroese football Gotu IF :confused:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/sc/detail.html?id=2344465&year=2004&month=10&day=9

Lionel Ritchie
11/10/2004, 2:36 PM
Apparently, our new best friend is Suni Olsen and he plays for the powerhouses of faroese football Gotu IF :confused:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/sc/detail.html?id=2344465&year=2004&month=10&day=9

There's only one Suni Olsen.....
There's only one Suni OOOOOOOOOOOOlsen
There's only one Suni Olsen.....

Suhhhhhhhhhhhhh-Ni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Suhhhhhhhhhhhhh-Ni!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

John83
11/10/2004, 6:01 PM
Nice idea that one!!! Could someone report back and let us know did we actually cheer the Faroes left-back? Wonder whatever happened the Faroes keeper, you know the one with the wooly cap?Sunday Tribune had a piece on the Faroes: he's been dropped after the 6-0 Switzerland game them. He's still in the squad though.

One of their players is doubtful because his office is busy at the moment, and they might not be able to release him! Another sells soft drinks, while another again is a carpinter. To top it all, their star striker is injured. :)

tiktok
12/10/2004, 9:11 AM
I honestly don't get this at all. :confused:
Why would we want to cheer the opposition?

We'll have a crowd who won't even cheer the home team, should the effort not be put into trying to get them off their arses. :rolleyes:

Peadar
12/10/2004, 9:15 AM
while another again is a carpinter.

Is that just another name for someone who drinks and drives? :confused:
:D

Bondvillain
12/10/2004, 9:18 AM
Originally Posted by John83
while another again is a carpinter.

Is that just another name for someone who drinks and drives? :confused:

Or a South African With an Auto Shop? :confused:

Schumi
12/10/2004, 10:25 AM
Stupid idea; cheer our own players, not theirs.

Aidan_mc
12/10/2004, 10:29 AM
Stupid idea; cheer our own players, not theirs.

here here

I agree :confused:

Lionel Ritchie
12/10/2004, 11:20 AM
excellent idea. cheer our own players AND the one and only Suni Olsen.

I know it's tacky and trite -but i'll try whatever to lift the gloom at Lansdowne.

Niall Cusack
13/10/2004, 1:16 PM
Great idea. There is a crows of us going to the trusty old North Terrace and we will cheer him on. I think a standing ovation is in order if he is substituted.

You are my Olsen
My Sonni Olsen
You keep me happy
When skies are Gray
Oh Stevie Finnan
We still love you
But don't take my Sonni away

DonegalDub
13/10/2004, 1:29 PM
I haven't laughed as much since Paris! Love the joke Peadar! Think it's gonna be fun, but a few things....

Shouldn't we let Andy/Robbie/Duffer/stevie know so that they won't sh** themselves when they run at him?!

What if they don't have a left back seeing that they're a bit short of players?!

And to the sad heads who don't agree with this, football is fun, supporting is fun and we can support eleven Irish and one Faroese (?) at the same time.

onenilgameover
13/10/2004, 2:22 PM
Brilliant...........say it too everyone your with and whoever you might meet.........it could really take off...great idea...ny hoop get a life man!

green goblin
13/10/2004, 3:09 PM
To You are my sunshine:
"You are my Olsen, my Suni Olsen, you eat my puffins, when clouds are grey..."

To tune of okey cokey:
"Oh super suni Olsen, Oh super Suni Olsen, Oh super Suni Olsen, faroes left back rah rah rah. You put your puffin in, your puffin out, in out in out, you shake it all about. You do the suni olsen and you turn about. That's what it's all about".

To There's no limit by 2Unlimited:
Su, su, su, su, su, su. su, su, su, su, su, su, suni olsen.

thecorner
14/10/2004, 8:38 AM
had to work last night and had to make do with good ol' wirless

how did this go????

bryanodowd
14/10/2004, 10:30 AM
it didnt go

Niall Cusack
14/10/2004, 10:50 AM
4 people around us joined about 6 of us were chanting away in the North Buckets but thats about it. Even if you were just there for the occasion you would swear you'd sing and support and have a bit of a laugh. I dread to think what is going to happen if the team falls on hard times.

Dotsy
14/10/2004, 11:09 AM
4 people around us joined about 6 of us were chanting away in the North Buckets but thats about it. Even if you were just there for the occasion you would swear you'd sing and support and have a bit of a laugh. I dread to think what is going to happen if the team falls on hard times.

If the team falls on hard times we will go back to the attendances we had during the early eighties and the real fans will be the only ones to show up. There used to be a better atmosphere then as you didn't have the suits frowning at you when you were singing or asking you to sit down all the time.

NY Hoop
14/10/2004, 2:48 PM
Brilliant...........say it too everyone your with and whoever you might meet.........it could really take off...great idea...ny hoop get a life man!

See what tiktok and shumi said as well. Actually forgot about this rubbish til after the game. And glad to see it failed miserably. Like I said only in Ireland. This from "The Greatest Fans In The World". :o

How could you cheer on an opposition player when you couldnt cheer on the home eleven? :(

KOH

Lionel Ritchie
14/10/2004, 3:22 PM
thats pretty damn joyless of you NY ...which is fine as it's purely down to taste what a person thinks is an appropriate way to support the team.
so grand, fine -be joyless.

What's fcukin' sad and pathetic on your part though NY is the way in which you look down your nose at your fellow Ireland supporters attempts to lift what is by any description a rather drab, predictable and stale atmosphere at Irelands home games.

NY Hoop
14/10/2004, 4:21 PM
thats pretty damn joyless of you NY ...which is fine as it's purely down to taste what a person thinks is an appropriate way to support the team.
so grand, fine -be joyless.

What's fcukin' sad and pathetic on your part though NY is the way in which you look down your nose at your fellow Ireland supporters attempts to lift what is by any description a rather drab, predictable and stale atmosphere at Irelands home games.

TRY CHEERING ON IRELAND FFS. You can call me all the names under the sun, and believe you me I've heard them all, but cheering on the opposition is demeaning.

If you knew me joyless is the last thing I am. But then if somebody disagrees with the majority view here they're viewed as "joyless". What utter crap :(

KOH

Slash/ED
14/10/2004, 5:48 PM
or asking you to sit down all the time.

This is getting beyond a joke. Some clown was giving out to me for standing up as Robbie was about to take his penalty! As a result, both me and the w*nker in question missed the ball going in.

Though in saying that, the atmosphere wasn't bad on wednesday, espically considering the match we were watching.