PDA

View Full Version : Tynan signs

pete
19/12/2001, 1:30 PM
former ccfc wunderkid has signed for...............Kilkenny City!

i can't believe Murphy the greatest ever city player go!!! :eek:

Peadar
19/12/2001, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by pete
i can't believe Murphy the greatest ever city player go!!! :eek:

You're not well in the head Pete!
How could you possibly say that he's "the greatest ever city player"? You know that he only showed flashes of quality and never did enough to earn a first team place. If he was so great then why didn't Dermot Keeley sign him?

The First Division may be more to his level and I hope he makes a go of it. Who knows maybe in a few seasons he'll be a better player.

A face
19/12/2001, 1:50 PM
Might suit him, and we might see him up in the premiere div. soon.
It is a shame because it seemed like he was going to be a great player.

ccfcman
19/12/2001, 2:12 PM
he'll disapear into the 1st division wihout a trace and in a few years he'll come along with kilkenney and trounce us

pete
19/12/2001, 2:45 PM
Originally posted by Peadar

You're not well in the head Pete!

I had to say it before someone else did.....

Jeez can no one spot sarcasm? ;)

shedite
19/12/2001, 8:33 PM
Kilkenny City boss Billy Walsh has snapped up former Cork City youngster Tony Tynan - and the striker will go straight into City's squad for the game against Finn Harps at the weekend.
Cork City manager Liam Murphy placed Tynan on the transfer list two months ago after the 20-year-old failed to make a single appearance for City this season.

Tynan, who was on trial at English Premiership club Leicester City last season, spent time in China with Ireland's universities team at the World Student Games earlier this season, along with Cork defender Neal Horgan.

After his return, Murphy quipped: "Tony was away with the Irish universities team and felt he should go straight into our team. I didn't - and I think it's better he looks for another club."

Tynan, who can also play in midfield, moved to Shelbourne but he was unable to commit himself to the Dubliners because he studies in Cork.