PDA

View Full Version : Bray Wanderers V's Kildare

Seagull's Nest
07/10/2004, 7:21 AM
What did any of u think of the match last night. Kildare played very well in the first half with Bray playing very well in the second half. Bray missed a few chances which should have been taken!

Roo69
07/10/2004, 8:04 AM
What did any of u think of the match last night. Kildare played very well in the first half with Bray playing very well in the second half. Bray missed a few chances which should have been taken!

very annoying night ! Bray started the much brighter and had a few cornors but made nothing of them. Kildare had a 20 minutes spell where they played excellent football and had one good chance but Chris made a super save. Giffy's tackle looked a lot worse than it actually was, there was no malice in it what so ever and a booking was right, but floody was very very lucky to stay on the pitch for flicking out after he was fouled. It was all Bray after that. Created 2 great chances after the break when the kildare keeper was beaten but couldnt finish it. Kildare shut up shop after about 50 minutes and played for the draw, they sat very deep and allowed bray to come at them time and time again. Could'nt beleive Zayed blasted his volley over from 5 yeards inside the box with no one near him in injury time !

joeSoap
07/10/2004, 8:18 AM
Could'nt beleive Zayed blasted his volley over from 5 yeards inside the box with no one near him in injury time !

Yeah....ye should offload him to Limerick, where a player who does things like that gets rewarded for effort... :D :D

joeSoap
07/10/2004, 8:21 AM
BRAY WDS 0

KILDARE COUNTY 0

PAT DEVLIN and his Bray Wanderers players remain firmly on course for promotion despite being held by Kildare County in a lacklustre tie at the Carlisle Grounds.

A victory for fourth placed Kildare would have left them just a point behind the Seagulls, who currently occupy the third automatic promotion spot, but this game always looked destined to end in stalemate.

The first real opportunity fell to the visitors on 13 minutes, but right-back Ger O'Brien shot straight at Bray 'keeper Chris O'Connor.

Bray went close two minutes later when Kieran O'Brien's blistering 25-yard drive was tipped over the crossbar by Brendan Kennedy.

The home team had strong appeals for a penalty turned down when Kieran O'Brien was bundled over and then Eamon Zayed shot wide from only six yards in stoppage time.

BRAY WDS - O'Connor, Gifford, Farrell, Lynch, Charles, Gormley, James, Fox, Zayed, O'Brien (McGrory 75), Flood.

KILDARE COUNTY - Kennedy, O'Brien, O'Donnell, Kenny, Byrne, Scully, Griffin (Zellor 66), Harte, Francis (McKenna 74), O'Connor, Reilly.

REF - Tom Connelly (Dublin).

Roo69
07/10/2004, 8:36 AM
BRAY WDS 0

KILDARE COUNTY 0

PAT DEVLIN and his Bray Wanderers players remain firmly on course for promotion despite being held by Kildare County in a lacklustre tie at the Carlisle Grounds.

A victory for fourth placed Kildare would have left them just a point behind the Seagulls, who currently occupy the third automatic promotion spot, but this game always looked destined to end in stalemate.

The first real opportunity fell to the visitors on 13 minutes, but right-back Ger O'Brien shot straight at Bray 'keeper Chris O'Connor.

Bray went close two minutes later when Kieran O'Brien's blistering 25-yard drive was tipped over the crossbar by Brendan Kennedy.

The home team had strong appeals for a penalty turned down when Kieran O'Brien was bundled over and then Eamon Zayed shot wide from only six yards in stoppage time.

BRAY WDS - O'Connor, Gifford, Farrell, Lynch, Charles, Gormley, James, Fox, Zayed, O'Brien (McGrory 75), Flood.

KILDARE COUNTY - Kennedy, O'Brien, O'Donnell, Kenny, Byrne, Scully, Griffin (Zellor 66), Harte, Francis (McKenna 74), O'Connor, Reilly.

REF - Tom Connelly (Dublin).

Ah jesus i forgot to mention the penelty ! dont know how it was'nt given ? defo peno, Tarzan bundled over from behind.

exile
07/10/2004, 10:58 AM
i was standing right in front of griffys tackle and while he didnt connect that hard with him intent was definatly there, and i lost count how many times zayed put the ball across the face of goal for no one to connect, all though kildare were not shy of throwing there bodys in front of players and shots .only 2 players on the bray team impressed me were zayed and charles
and whats the story with all those kids running around the place :eek:

Roo69
07/10/2004, 11:10 AM
i was standing right in front of griffys tackle and while he didnt connect that hard with him intent was definatly there, and i lost count how many times zayed put the ball across the face of goal for no one to connect, all though kildare were not shy of throwing there bodys in front of players and shots .only 2 players on the bray team impressed me were zayed and charles
and whats the story with all those kids running around the place :eek:

Giffys 2 feet were on the turf so there was no malice in it, just slightly mistimed and with both players running at full tilt it looked a lot worse than what it was imo, but on another day the ref could have given him a red card but i think he got it spot on, Chris and Justin (Bray keepers) where in my gaff after the match and they said they were talking to Giffy about the tackle and he said he just mis-timed it. Zayed had an "OK" game, he has been quite enough by his own standards the past few weeks, but i think devo has found his proper position playing him on the right wing - which by the way i mentioned the week before he started playing him there :D he has a great ability to take on and beat players and his delivery is excellent, but some fantastic balls into the box that should have been but away with ease. Floody is really struggling with the pace of the game at the moment, dont know why either ?

Weso & Jody are a great centre half partnership, 2 quality players. Chris also have a very good game.

The kids are just dopes ! they stand on the hill at the bowling alley end and just slide tackle eachother for 90 minutes ! why ?

exile
07/10/2004, 4:10 PM
just wondering i, never saw so many lunatic kids running around the place do they pay in ?
i was a bit dissapointed when i went over to the shed expecting more of an atmosphere over there , most of the guys over there were under 18 its gone downhill an awful imo
hopefully when ye come back up it will improve but talking to few people their is no real orgaisation lately since jack stepped down as chairman of the supporters club?

Stevo Da Gull
07/10/2004, 10:09 PM
i was a bit dissapointed when i went over to the shed expecting more of an atmosphere over there , most of the guys over there were under 18 its gone downhill an awful imo
hopefully when ye come back up it will improve but talking to few people their is no real orgaisation lately since jack stepped down as chairman of the supporters club?
Yeah I know man, I'm U-18 myself. The atmosphere aint allways great but we try- thats the most flags I can ever remember us havin though!

Allso I dont think Giffy should have gone but there were a good few Bray fouls in the middle of the park in the second half which would certainly of been given out in Newbridge.

TBH I dont hold out much hope for whichever of us go up unless improvements are made.

vladimir
07/10/2004, 10:10 PM
A draw last night was a fair result from a very poor match ! Christmas is 11 weeks away, however, there was so much snow on the ball (due to the amount of time it spent in the air) that it must have been difficult to pass it !

Anyway, a couple of moans : why ..........
1. do we not allow the keeper to throw the ball to the full backs rather than repeatedly kicking the ball into the centre circle when we lose possession 8 times out of 10. Is it team orders ? certainly it is rare that any of the defence looks to receive the ball fro mthe keeper. it is frustrsting as when we play the ball on the ground we have the ability to play good ball, however, when we resort to 'route one' we are handing the initiative to the opposition.
2. why do our players always moan & appear to think that the world is against them...if a decision goes against you, get on with it & fight to get the ball back rather that give backchat to the referee (thus losing concentration)...... yes the refs do not get it right all the time.... but they are the refs & they rule the roost....antagonising them never works out in the long run......maybe Devo shoul lead by example and stop the continual moan !!!!!!
3. why can't the dugouts in front of the shed be dug out and lowered by about 2 feet..... I am getting a pain in my a*se not being able to see the touch line action

Finally, what do people think about Tarzan this season...... i think he playing out of skin & should be applauded for his persistance, effort and committment.... by far he is the most consistent player this season....maybe a few players could consider their own performances and ask themselves the question .. "have I been honest in my performance tonight ?".

d_informer
09/10/2004, 1:18 PM
tarzans playing very well my man very well indeed, met him recently down in kellys in bray and he was a true gentleman. the man is solid and considering his age he really is a good example to his peers. some good points there my man. i totally agree with your first not so much with your second and as for the dug outs- its the shed.....what do you expect