PDA

View Full Version : Dunne Out Of French Game!

Peadar
07/10/2004, 7:07 AM
Richard Dunne has been ruled out of Ireland's clash with France as he returned Manchester today for treatment on a calf injury.
If he's better by Sunday he'll join the squad again for the game on Wednesday.
I honestly think Kerr would have considered him for the French game due to our lack of pace at the back with our regular centre-half pairing.

ccfcman
07/10/2004, 8:08 AM
Dunne is no speed merchant either but I agree that he may have been chosen as he was always put in for the big matches against Holland and Portugal and he handled their pace quite well IMO.

gspain
07/10/2004, 8:16 AM
The honey monster is very deceptive. He is very quick over 10 yards are short sprints are key for a footballer.

Stuttgart88
07/10/2004, 8:34 AM
Dunne is in fine form at the moment and I'm sure he & O'Brien will form a good partnership in the future. However, I think there's no way he'd have been considered as a starter in Paris IMO.

eirebhoy
07/10/2004, 9:16 AM
Dunne is no speed merchant either
He actually is.

Its easy enough to go changing your front two for a big match but I don't think any manager would ever change their back 2 in competitition if they're aren't tried and tested (unless forced of course).

tetsujin1979
07/10/2004, 9:39 AM
Definately not, I expect Kerr will keep his changes to a minimum, dropping his captain or his best partner for Dunne would be seismic! Even if he's fit, I cant' see him starting against the Faroes, but he's a sure bet to come on