PDA

View Full Version : Next Cork City Manager

Pages : [1] 2

patrickccfc
03/08/2013, 11:12 AM
Well Tommy Dunne is now gone and Stuart Ashton is in as caretaker. Who is out there that we could get in? Any non-dublin manager for a change?

Longfordian
03/08/2013, 11:22 AM
Pat Dolan is available

NeverFeltBetter
03/08/2013, 11:25 AM
Pat Scully!

patrickccfc
03/08/2013, 11:26 AM
Pat Dolan is available
Didnt he say on mns that he wouldnt manage in the league in its current state? or something like that...

kksaints
03/08/2013, 11:30 AM
Pat Dolan is available

Thought he was an agent so he cant be a manager or something like that. Alan Matthews is available.

patrickccfc
03/08/2013, 11:34 AM
Pat Dolan, Pat Scully, Alan Mathews, Pete Mahon?

Would be great to have a cork man though

danthesaint
03/08/2013, 12:08 PM
Would be great to have a cork man though

Does it really matter where he is from? Lot of comments from cork fans about Dunne because he was a Dub, to be honest I couldn't give a sh*te where the manager is from once he does a good job.

From what the league table suggests, Dunne did alright, Cork are a mid table team at the moment, the teams above them have one or two players than can make a difference I think

marty
03/08/2013, 12:16 PM
Stephen Henderson.....or Dave Hill.....both available.Not much out there from Cork who are available unless a former player or fans favourite is lurking,Dave Barry..

Spudulika
03/08/2013, 12:16 PM
I know I probably shouldn't say it, but I'd have thought Rico would be a good fit for a year and a half. Otherwise I think they should go local, any ex CCFC lads knocking about?

Town Legend
03/08/2013, 12:17 PM
Gareth Cronin

Spudulika
03/08/2013, 12:22 PM
Stephen Henderson.....or Dave Hill.....both available.Not much out there from Cork who are available unless a former player or fans favourite is lurking,Dave Barry..

Was thinking of Dave Barry

White Horse
03/08/2013, 12:29 PM
Pat Dolan apparently knows everything about football, according to himself. Must be the front-runner.

sligoman
03/08/2013, 12:31 PM
Brian Little applied for our job before Baraclough got it, perhaps he'll be interested.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
03/08/2013, 12:57 PM
No mention of Roddy yet?!

CityRebel
03/08/2013, 1:03 PM
Stuart Ashton.

Jofspring
03/08/2013, 1:58 PM
George O Callaghan. Going by twitter he seems to think he can do a better job than tommy anyway.

patrickccfc
03/08/2013, 2:37 PM
Does it really matter where he is from? Lot of comments from cork fans about Dunne because he was a Dub, to be honest I couldn't give a sh*te where the manager is from once he does a good job.

From what the league table suggests, Dunne did alright, Cork are a mid table team at the moment, the teams above them have one or two players than can make a difference I think
No it doesnt matter to me where he is from, just saying would be good for a corkman to manage a cork team. Its been all dublin managers since i started following city in '05. But as long as he does a good job thats whats important to me.

patrickccfc
03/08/2013, 2:46 PM
I know I probably shouldn't say it, but I'd have thought Rico would be a good fit for a year and a half. Otherwise I think they should go local, any ex CCFC lads knocking about?
Think Greg O'Halloran is going into management

Lim till i die
03/08/2013, 3:42 PM
He'll have to be a very strong character to put up with the completely unrealistic expectations of the cork fans.

Daft, if utterly predictable, decision.

Charlie Darwin
03/08/2013, 5:17 PM
Talk of Pat Morley coming in as player-manager so he can overtake Jason Byrne in the goalscoring stakes.

showgies
03/08/2013, 6:32 PM
Talk of Pat Morley coming in as player-manager so he can overtake Jason Byrne in the goalscoring stakes.

Better not drop into 1st Division so, apparently goals scored in that league don't count.

Sean South
03/08/2013, 6:43 PM
Did he get the sack or quit?

Martinho II
03/08/2013, 7:32 PM
you are welcome to tommy dunnes first cousin tony cousins if you like!

sheao
03/08/2013, 7:40 PM
Think Pat Dolan would make a great impact if he came back.

da bishop
03/08/2013, 7:47 PM
cant understand this sacking,what do cork want exactly,dunne got them up,would probably have finished midtable,hardly had a huge budget to work with.what about caulfield?would he have the b..ls for it?

CityRebel
03/08/2013, 8:01 PM
cant understand this sacking,what do cork want exactly,dunne got them up,would probably have finished midtable,hardly had a huge budget to work with.what about caulfield?would he have the b..ls for it?
Have you seen what was happening on the pitch?

Charlie Darwin
03/08/2013, 8:15 PM
In financial terms, surely Cork couldn't have expected much better? They don't have the same income as Shamrock or Sligo Rovers, they don't have Derry's supply of youth players, they don't have Pats' advantage of being in Dublin or Dundalk's reasonable proximity to Dublin for the largest recruitment area in the country. They were probably always going to be on roughly the same level as Limerick.

harry crumb
03/08/2013, 9:17 PM
I think we are flattered by our league position tbh. I expected a lot more from this group of players this season. Tommy talked about them being as fit a group as he has seen etc. before the start of the season but what good is fitness when the basics of defending, passing, set-pieces weren't worth a damn.

Cork's u-19s have been league champions for the past 2 years. There is good set up with UCC in place. So its not all bad.

I would have thought it would be a very attractive job especially in this climate.

Charlie Darwin
03/08/2013, 9:21 PM
The U19s success is all well and good but can you name a side in this league that actually has a good record of bringing through young players? All I can think of UCD and Derry, and I don't know how many of the latter's actually come through sides in the North. Although I have to agree with you that without Horgan's individual interventions you might be in a much worse position. You were absolute muck both times in Tallaght.

Ezeikial
03/08/2013, 9:36 PM
You were absolute muck both times in Tallaght.

You certainly have a way with words!

Charlie Darwin
03/08/2013, 9:41 PM
You certainly have a way with words!
Well I didn't say Rovers were much better than muck either :)

harry crumb
03/08/2013, 11:17 PM
The U19s success is all well and good but can you name a side in this league that actually has a good record of bringing through young players? All I can think of UCD and Derry, and I don't know how many of the latter's actually come through sides in the North. Although I have to agree with you that without Horgan's individual interventions you might be in a much worse position. You were absolute muck both times in Tallaght.

Derry's schoolboy league has always been strong going back. Also the fact that there is so many clubs in Dublin must be a negative with everyone fighting to attract the next big talent. Anyway....

There are 3/4 of them that definitely have a chance.

Garry Buckley, Danny Morrissey, John Kavanagh, Stephen Kenny have all got game time this year and they have not looked out of place.

Neal Horgan broke through at that age and has had a great career.

Charlie Darwin
03/08/2013, 11:33 PM
Derry's schoolboy league has always been strong going back. Also the fact that there is so many clubs in Dublin must be a negative with everyone fighting to attract the next big talent. Anyway....

There are 3/4 of them that definitely have a chance.

Garry Buckley, Danny Morrissey, John Kavanagh, Stephen Kenny have all got game time this year and they have not looked out of place.

Neal Horgan broke through at that age and has had a great career.
Morrissey and Kenny might have a lot more game time this season if things stay the way they are! I'm not talking down Cork's youth system, just saying the U19s league in general hasn't produced an awful lot of senior players thus far.

harry crumb
03/08/2013, 11:53 PM
Yeah, not sure where it(u-19's league) fits into the pyramid or whatever shape you would call the Irish soccer ecosystem.

bluewhitearmy
04/08/2013, 3:20 AM

Did Morrissey not come from Cobh or who am i thinking of?

disgruntled
04/08/2013, 10:21 AM
Lets see what Stuart Ashton makes of the position before we approach Ferguson.
Jokes aside Rico with a young coach next to him would be ideal.
In fact Rico would have been ideal the first day starting from where we were at the time.

The Suit
04/08/2013, 10:30 AM
Derek Montfield?

Pablo Escobar
04/08/2013, 10:45 AM
Did Morrissey not come from Cobh or who am i thinking of?
No, Morrissey was signed from Midleton as a 16y/o afaik. He is a seriously good prospect though. He'll do damage tomorrow night.

Fivesilver
04/08/2013, 9:08 PM
Think Greg O'Halloran is going into management

Himself and Dolan would make a great team.

Goggs
05/08/2013, 8:02 AM
What's Billy Woods situation with Tommy's sacking.

CityRebel
05/08/2013, 9:17 AM
What's Billy Woods situation with Tommy's sacking.
He's still there.

gufc2000
05/08/2013, 2:17 PM
Sean Connor has applied for the job according to the Star. I'll say no more.

Pat Scully linked with it too.

Ezeikial
05/08/2013, 3:01 PM
Sean Connor has applied for the job according to the Star. I'll say no more.

Also named in the Irish Examiner

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/soccer/city-no-rush-to-find-boss-238904.html

jinxy lilywhite
05/08/2013, 9:07 PM
a few buzz words to Cork Fans

1. Steve Bruce
2. I am good friends with Neil lennon,
3. I can get Barcelona

adamd164
06/08/2013, 10:41 AM
Think Pat Dolan would make a great impact if he came back.

If we could somehow persuade Dolan to come back it would be a masterstroke, but he said recently on MNS that he won't come back to the league until it's got a professional attitude, or something along those lines.

Jofspring
06/08/2013, 10:45 AM
If we could somehow persuade Dolan to come back it would be a masterstroke, but he said recently on MNS that he won't come back to the league until it's got a professional attitude, or something along those lines.

Seems like an excuse for not wanting to get back into management.

Spudulika
06/08/2013, 11:16 AM
I'd say he wouldn't want to just come in as a manager, he'd want more control, which is fair enough if you can do both/all jobs. I don't think, with the new set up, he'd be as good a fit as some others, though it's LOI.

bluemovie
06/08/2013, 3:35 PM
Did he get the sack or quit?

I just hope they didn't sack him, then pretend he quit. Seemingly that doesn't work out well for clubs!! :excruciating:

adamd164
06/08/2013, 3:57 PM
I'm not privvy to the inner workings, but I highly doubt he quit. He was talking about making signings just before our game last Friday.

manager
06/08/2013, 11:42 PM
Stuart is our man for the future.