Pages : [1] 2

old git
31/07/2013, 10:39 PM
Might as well start its own thread

The Wesley Webb Draw 2013*
Preliminary Round: Sat. August 3rd @ 6pm: Rineanna Rovers v. Shannon Olympic B

Quarter-Finals:
A. Monday August 5th @ 6:30pm: Shannon Town A v. Newmarket Celtic
B. Monday August 5th @ 7:40pm: Shannon Hibs B v. B...ridge Utd.
C. Tuesday August 6th @ 6:30pm: Shannon Town B v Shannon Hibs A
D. Tuesday August 6th @ 7:40pm: Shannon Olympic A v. winners of preliminary match

Semi-Finals:
Thursday August 8th @ 6:30pm: Winners of A + B.
Thursday August 8th @ 7:40pm: Winners of C + D.

Final
Saturday August 10th: 6pm @ Lynch Park.

*Match dates/times are provisional. Venues (Corrib Drive or Lynch Park) tbc The Wesley Webb Draw 2013*

Quarter-Finals:
D. Tuesday August 6th @ 7:40pm: Shannon Olympic A v. winners of preliminary match

Semi-Finals:
Thursday August 8th @ 6:30pm: Winners of A + B.
Thursday August 8th @ 7:40pm: Winners of C + D.

Final
Saturday August 10th: 6pm @ Lynch Park.

*Match dates/times are provisional. Venues (Corrib Drive or Lynch Park) tbc

any thoughts on draw and possible winners most clubs have been back training a few weeks now so should be intresting to see how they are shaping up for the new season

dirtfree
31/07/2013, 11:01 PM
Couldn't see past newmarket heard they have assembled some squad this year.. I think winner will come from there game with shannon town A

dirtfree
31/07/2013, 11:03 PM
Ps which draw is correct

old git
01/08/2013, 12:26 AM
Ps which draw is correct

draw as above as far as I know ... :confused:

DSMALL1
01/08/2013, 8:38 AM
I Dont think that draw is correct - ST changed a few KO times.

it does look like the winner will come out of the ST V Newmarket game.

Newmarket - Stephen Hickey, Stephen Kelly, Gary Leahy, - Are these players signed up?
ST - Darcy, Darren Griffen & Ken Buckley back - Plus a few Shannon Olympic boys , Any more?
Hibs - Young team - did Eddie, Quirkey and Dux stay on?
Olympic - Lost a few to ST - any new signings?
Bridge - will always be strong - have they kept many of the 19s team?

Hibs B - were supposed to make a few signings havent heard much? Evan Barry
Olympic B - Supposedly heard the two Cantilons and Pa Devanney signed?
ST B - Have supposedly kept most of the team from last year apart from Evan Barry.
Rineanna - Damien Lyndsay is the manager i heard, Dont know what their team is like. Any signings?

old git
01/08/2013, 10:11 AM
I Dont think that draw is correct - ST changed a few KO times.

it does look like the winner will come out of the ST V Newmarket game.

Newmarket - Stephen Hickey, Stephen Kelly, Gary Leahy, - Are these players signed up?
ST - Darcy, Darren Griffen & Ken Buckley back - Plus a few Shannon Olympic boys , Any more?
Hibs - Young team - did Eddie, Quirkey and Dux stay on?
Olympic - Lost a few to ST - any new signings?
Bridge - will always be strong - have they kept many of the 19s team?

Hibs B - were supposed to make a few signings havent heard much? Evan Barry
Olympic B - Supposedly heard the two Cantilons and Pa Devanney signed?
ST B - Have supposedly kept most of the team from last year apart from Evan Barry.
Rineanna - Damien Lyndsay is the manager i heard, Dont know what their team is like. Any signings?

changed ko times are they going to let people/ clubs know , Typical shannon town they always seem to chop and change fixtures/ times after draw was made in wesley webb .. no doubt it was done to suit their A team :)
ANYBODY got a copy new updated draw :confused:
plenty of rumours of players signing or leaving but most clubs have the forms now so they should have a good idea on what players are definatly signing. Would fancy winners of newmarket v town A to win it out with the bridge depending what team the bridge put out

First
01/08/2013, 10:16 AM
Could someone pull the new fixtures from Facebook and post them here. Thanks.

MikeBassett
01/08/2013, 10:58 AM
From Shannon Town's Facebook page. Changed due to a charity match on Sunday involving Shannon Town and St. Senan's RFC

****Wesley Webb fixtures and dates****

1st round

(1) Riennena Rovers v Shannon Olympic B
Friday 2nd august 6.30 kick off lynch pk

1/4 finals

(A )Shannon Hibs B v Bridge Utd
Monday 5th August 11.00 kick off lynch pk

(c) Winners of (1) v Shannon Olympic A
Monday 5th of August 12.30 kick off lynch pk

(d) Shannon Town B v Shannon Hibs A
Tuesday 6th of August 6.15 kick off lynch pk

(b) Newmarket Celtic v Shannon Town A
tuesday 6th of august 7.30 kick off lynch pk

Semi Finals

Winners of (D) v Winners of (C)
Thursday 8th of August 6.15 kick off lynch pk

Winners of (B) v Winners of (A)
Thursday 8th of August 7.30 kick off lynch pk

Final
Saturday 10th of August 6.00 kick off lynch pk

Presentation of the Wesley Webb cup will be held in the Crossroads Tavern at 9.00

dirtfree
01/08/2013, 11:44 AM
It only seems right to change newmarket v shannon town game to tuesday as the charity match is for a really good cause.id say a few lads wont be able to kick a ball after the rugby lads get a hold of them anyway

dirtfree
01/08/2013, 11:46 AM
changed ko times are they going to let people/ clubs know , Typical shannon town they always seem to chop and change fixtures/ times after draw was made in wesley webb .. no doubt it was done to suit their A team :)
ANYBODY got a copy new updated draw :confused:
plenty of rumours of players signing or leaving but most clubs have the forms now so they should have a good idea on what players are definatly signing. Would fancy winners of newmarket v town A to win it out with the bridge depending what team the bridge put out

Haha im sure They wanted to play newmarket 1st game .. im actually looking forward to it this year. I think every game will be competitive

Shuffleruns
01/08/2013, 12:01 PM
Haha im sure They wanted to play newmarket 1st game .. im actually looking forward to it this year. I think every game will be competitive

Yep...Should be cracking.

Rizzo
01/08/2013, 1:28 PM
Anyone think there will be any upsets.. i.e. Hibs B to beat Bridge? Few players gone from the bridge.. Any hope in town B beating Hibs A?

Shuffleruns
01/08/2013, 3:13 PM
Anyone think there will be any upsets.. i.e. Hibs B to beat Bridge? Few players gone from the bridge.. Any hope in town B beating Hibs A?

Doubt it, i watched Bridge Utd play Carew Park few weeks ago and they matched them every bit in which was a very close game. They'll be strong this year..

Town B may beat Hibs a but wouldn't expect it really...

Reckon Newmarket of Bridge will win out this tourni..

newlad
01/08/2013, 4:12 PM

What lads have left the bridge?
Newmarkets cup I'd say...

dirtfree
01/08/2013, 4:15 PM
Did bridge not lose young lads back to hibs. And someone said here eric carr training with shannon town A

old git
01/08/2013, 10:15 PM
It only seems right to change newmarket v shannon town game to tuesday as the charity match is for a really good cause.id say a few lads wont be able to kick a ball after the rugby lads get a hold of them anyway

hope the charity match is a success what time is it on at >

but regarding switching games it is an absolute joke to ask two teams to play at 11am on a bank holiday Monday

sorry I will re-word that to tell two teams as they were not even asked if it suited them !! Shannon hibs have fun day organised for the last month or so which is on this sunday and mixture of A & B team playing a game against an over 40's team. I cant understand why games were not just played Monday evening as originally planned makes no sense to play them so early and sure with Shannon towns super huge squad of 25 players two games in two days should be no problem ;)

old git
01/08/2013, 10:26 PM
What lads have left the bridge?
Newmarkets cup I'd say...

three lads who were part of hibs u19 couple of years back . Stephen touhy / alex cole and mike buckley I think but also heard talk the bridge have signed a few new players.

old git
01/08/2013, 10:27 PM
Did bridge not lose young lads back to hibs. And someone said here eric carr training with shannon town A

who is eric carr !!!

fifty50
01/08/2013, 10:50 PM
who is eric carr !!!

Hes a young lad from the bridge
Very promising player
And has also signed with the bridge after training with Shannon town

mastermind1
01/08/2013, 10:56 PM
Are the forms even out in Clare yet?

fifty50
01/08/2013, 10:56 PM
three lads who were part of hibs u19 couple of years back . Stephen touhy / alex cole and mike buckley I think but also heard talk the bridge have signed a few new players.

Spot on old git, Mike Buckley didn't play for the A team, Alex Cole and Stephen Tuohy played a handful of games between them, Brian Monaghan has signed for Salthill Devon, but again only featured at the very end of the season. fantastic young player, people making out there's a mass exodus from the bridge.

Second
01/08/2013, 11:01 PM
hope the charity match is a success what time is it on at >

but regarding switching games it is an absolute joke to ask two teams to play at 11am on a bank holiday Monday

sorry I will re-word that to tell two teams as they were not even asked if it suited them !! Shannon hibs have fun day organised for the last month or so which is on this sunday and mixture of A & B team playing a game against an over 40's team. I cant understand why games were not just played Monday evening as originally planned makes no sense to play them so early and sure with Shannon towns super huge squad of 25 players two games in two days should be no problem ;)

Draw for wesley webb was on 17/18 th of july.. hibs first notice on facebook about there fun day was 23rd of july..at this stage both the wesley webb and the charity rugby match had been organised for same weekend. Now tell me this why did hibs organise there fun day for same day as a charity match for a really good cause.. its behond belief how they go around trying to upset things especially when the charity match is for such a good cause. I for one would hope they will make a contribution toward this worthwhile charity.. or even change there fun day to week after so more people can support this charity match

dirtfree
01/08/2013, 11:18 PM
There is enough people in shannon to support both

old git
02/08/2013, 12:32 AM
Draw for wesley webb was on 17/18 th of july.. hibs first notice on facebook about there fun day was 23rd of july..at this stage both the wesley webb and the charity rugby match had been organised for same weekend. Now tell me this why did hibs organise there fun day for same day as a charity match for a really good cause.. its behond belief how they go around trying to upset things especially when the charity match is for such a good cause. I for one would hope they will make a contribution toward this worthwhile charity.. or even change there fun day to week after so more people can support this charity match

second

will you cope on may be rivalary between the clubs but no way either club would organise events to clash with a charity event ,, if Shannon town had organised both Wesley webb and charity match for same weekend back on the 17/18th july why has the draw / times only changed in the last few days !!! charity match is Saturday night & fun day is sunday afternoon so should be no problem for the people of Shannon attending the charity match and I hope it is well supported and all the clubs in Shannon soccer / gaa etc should turn up on the day to support and donate a few euro's

newlad
02/08/2013, 12:52 AM

Alex coke was the only lad involved realy, was a good squad player, has a bright future from the few games iv seen him play,

dirtfree
02/08/2013, 7:56 AM
second

will you cope on may be rivalary between the clubs but no way either club would organise events to clash with a charity event ,, if Shannon town had organised both Wesley webb and charity match for same weekend back on the 17/18th july why has the draw / times only changed in the last few days !!! charity match is Saturday night & fun day is sunday afternoon so should be no problem for the people of Shannon attending the charity match and I hope it is well supported and all the clubs in Shannon soccer / gaa etc should turn up on the day to support and donate a few euro's

Old git were u drinking last nite. . Charity match is on sunday at 2pm. Wesley webb draw always had matches sunday even Before the adjustments .also surely an early match would suit hibs b as they can all then go play v the over 40's.. surely they wouldnt play v over 40's then play wesley webb..

dirtfree
02/08/2013, 7:58 AM
Alex coke was the only lad involved realy, was a good squad player, has a bright future from the few games iv seen him play,

Alex is a very good player..hopefully tino signs with hibs as they would make a good partnership

Second
02/08/2013, 8:12 AM
Old git were u drinking last nite. . Charity match is on sunday at 2pm. Wesley webb draw always had matches sunday even Before the adjustments .also surely an early match would suit hibs b as they can all then go play v the over 40's.. surely they wouldnt play v over 40's then play wesley webb..

Well said dirtfree . Not that oldgit will admit that him and his beloved club is wrong

old git
02/08/2013, 10:05 AM

Me drinking not a chance :D see draw below were are the the sunday Matches !!! games were originally fixed for Monday05.08.13 evening so should have been no problem to leave games as they were.

Quarter-Finals:

old git
02/08/2013, 10:07 AM
Well said dirtfree . Not that oldgit will admit that him and his beloved club is wrong

if i was wrong i would admit and if hibs did arrange fun day on same day as charity match it is a disgrace.. they are no beloved club of Mine more like your most hated club ;)

Shuffleruns
02/08/2013, 8:38 PM
and we're off ;)

Good start for Olympic B

old git
02/08/2013, 9:35 PM
and we're off ;)

Good start for Olympic B

what was the score ! nice one for next round now they meet their A team

Decisionmaker
02/08/2013, 9:38 PM
Any report, teams etc from tonight's game?

Shuffleruns
02/08/2013, 9:51 PM
two nil to Olympic... Couldn't tell you the line-ups, one sending off also. and the ref was brilliant.

Decisionmaker
02/08/2013, 10:02 PM
two nil to Olympic... Couldn't tell you the line-ups, one sending off also. and the ref was brilliant.

Thanks shuffle

old git
04/08/2013, 3:44 PM

dirtfree /second

did you both make it down to charity match ? there was a great turn up and a very competive encounter and unfortunately looked like dave fla Shannon town picked up a bad injury in the first few mins of the game

Bayern Munchies
04/08/2013, 3:46 PM
Me drinking not a chance :D see draw below were are the the sunday Matches !!! games were originally fixed for Monday05.08.13 evening so should have been no problem to leave games as they were.

Quarter-Finals:

Are these quarter finals still down for the same dates and times? was told Olympic A vs B is now on Monday some time in the morning/afternoon?

old git
04/08/2013, 4:54 PM
Are these quarter finals still down for the same dates and times? was told Olympic A vs B is now on Monday some time in the morning/afternoon?

fixtures below as far as I am aware ..unless changed again :eek:

hibs b v bridge a Monday morning 11am

Olympic a v Olympic b Monday 12 noon

Side Cutter
04/08/2013, 6:48 PM
Wouldn't be surprised if they were changed to 8 o clock in the morning :D . Every 1 of the original 5 fixtures were changed by either time or date??

Shuffleruns
04/08/2013, 7:13 PM
fixtures below as far as I am aware ..unless changed again :eek:

hibs b v bridge a Monday morning 11am

Olympic a v Olympic b Monday 12 noon

Olympic's match is a half 12 K.O

Decisionmaker
05/08/2013, 1:14 PM
Any results from this mornings games??

Shuffleruns
05/08/2013, 1:40 PM
Any results from this mornings games??

Bridge Utd 4 - 1 Hibs B

Looked a bit like there B team easy win for Bridge Utd. Hibs b abused the ref enough, not good to see.. Still a decent game that was played right.

Olympic B 0 - 5 Olympic A

Comfortable win. No tempo to the game at all...

just my opinion :D

dirtfree
05/08/2013, 2:01 PM
Any line ups from either matches..

dirtfree
05/08/2013, 2:02 PM
dirtfree /second

did you both make it down to charity match ? there was a great turn up and a very competive encounter and unfortunately looked like dave fla Shannon town picked up a bad injury in the first few mins of the game

Didnt get down old git due to work but I heard it was a great day out

old git
05/08/2013, 6:10 PM
Didnt get down old git due to work but I heard it was a great day out

yeah good day weather was great and hopefully they raised a good amount of money talks of turning it into an annual event now

old git
05/08/2013, 6:22 PM
Bridge Utd 4 - 1 Hibs B

Looked a bit like there B team easy win for Bridge Utd. Hibs b abused the ref enough, not good to see.. Still a decent game that was played right.

Olympic B 0 - 5 Olympic A

Comfortable win. No tempo to the game at all...

just my opinion :D

bridge utd b .. they may have been missing 1-2 was a decent game to watch and both teams tried to play the ball around and I thought hibs b matched the bridge for a lot of the game and that the bridge were more clinical in front of goals agree with you on hibs b doing to much bitching at ref especially in first half but would not call it abusing him has lake signed for the bridge as he was training with Shannon town also

Olympic a v Olympic b poor game and once Olympic a scored it was game over .. would be worried that Olympic a could only field 11 players on the days word is they have lost 6-7 players from last years squad.

dirtfree
05/08/2013, 6:30 PM
Ya I heard charity event will be an annual thing as they got a Cup and all. Great idea.. heard lake has signed for bridge strange move if he was training with town A. Heard 4/5 from olympic gone to town. But are they good enough ??

Shuffleruns
05/08/2013, 6:40 PM
bridge utd b .. they may have been missing 1-2 was a decent game to watch and both teams tried to play the ball around and I thought hibs b matched the bridge for a lot of the game and that the bridge were more clinical in front of goals agree with you on hibs b doing to much bitching at ref especially in first half but would not call it abusing him has lake signed for the bridge as he was training with Shannon town also

Olympic a v Olympic b poor game and once Olympic a scored it was game over .. would be worried that Olympic a could only field 11 players on the days word is they have lost 6-7 players from last years squad.

Yeah abusing was the wrong word there "bitching" is more correct.. Don't know about lake..He must be big time if he's training with a number of clubs lol... Bridge are a strong side they'll do well this season..

True about Olympic.. New management team there are a joke thats why players have left so i hear... Poor training sessions aswell. More of the same from them this season..

Just my opinion :D

Shuffleruns
05/08/2013, 6:42 PM
Ya I heard charity event will be an annual thing as they got a Cup and all. Great idea.. heard lake has signed for bridge strange move if he was training with town A. Heard 4/5 from olympic gone to town. But are they good enough ??

Nope. Maybe J.Regan.

old git
05/08/2013, 7:13 PM
Nope. Maybe J.Regan.

A big maybe at that also ... a squad player at best .. looking forward to the big one tomorrow night town a v Newmarket a and town b v hibs a intresting to see what sort of team hibs A will have out