PDA

View Full Version : Series 22 and 19.

Pages : [1] 2

nigel-harps1954
26/07/2013, 5:39 PM
Lack of thread just over an hour to most kick offs. Pitiful.

Matches and odds from Paddypower.

Bohemians 23/10 v Drogheda 11/10 (Draw 23/10)
Dundalk 8/15 v Bray 9/2 (Draw 3/1)
St. Pat's 4/9 v Cork 13/2 (Draw 3/1)
U.C.D 17/10 v Shelbourne 6/4 (Draw 9/4)

Saturday 27th

Sligo 11/8 v Shamrock Rovers 2/1 (Draw 21/10)

Sunday 28th

Limerick 21/10 v Derry 5/4 (Draw 11/5)

Salthill 13/8 v Cobh 11/8 (Draw 23/10)
Waterford 6/5 v Athlone 2/1 (Draw 9/4)
Harps 8/11 v Wexford 10/3 (Draw 12/5)

Saturday 28th

Longford 8/11 v Mervue 7/2 (Draw 12/5)

MeathDrog
26/07/2013, 6:49 PM
Any radio links for Bohs Drogs?

ForzaForth
26/07/2013, 7:21 PM
Eight changes in the Youths starting line-up tonight with three making their debuts (Maloney, Fitzpatrick and Shanley). If you exclude Graham Doyle in goal, the average age of the team is about twelve!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
26/07/2013, 7:26 PM
Really wish Anto Flood would stop throwing himself to the ground the whole time

Dunny
26/07/2013, 8:00 PM
1-0 Dundalk

MeathDrog
26/07/2013, 8:43 PM
Another two points thrown away in successive games for Drogheda.

Dunny
26/07/2013, 8:46 PM
Cmon cork ffs!!

Nesta99
26/07/2013, 9:24 PM
Why hold the ball up in the corner instead of getting the ball into the box and have a go. Then to throw the ball out of touch from your own throw in while attempting to play it into the corner. Entertaining enough game. A draw would have been fair but Pats looked like getting the winner. Was nice to be top even if was only for a few minutes.

dundalkfc10
26/07/2013, 9:37 PM
Why hold the ball up in the corner instead of getting the ball into the box and have a go. Then to throw the ball out of touch from your own throw in while attempting to play it into the corner. Entertaining enough game. A draw would have been fair but Pats looked like getting the winner. Was nice to be top even if was only for a few minutes.

We were never top, They were ahead on Goal Difference.

The singing "We are Top the League" was embarrasing

Nesta99
26/07/2013, 9:46 PM
Joint top on points then!

bluewhitearmy
26/07/2013, 10:01 PM

Almost as bad as playing "We are the champions" after a game :P

dundalkfc10
26/07/2013, 10:02 PM
Almost as bad as playing "We are the champions" after a game :P

They played Championeees Championeees after it tonight :silly:

dundalkfc10
26/07/2013, 10:03 PM
Joint top on points then!

Its not really Joint Top, If it was the last day of the season its 2nd so its 2nd not Joint Top

adamd164
26/07/2013, 10:08 PM
Sack the Dub, sack the Dub, sack the Dub...

Nesta99
26/07/2013, 10:14 PM
:rolleyes: 43 pts = 43 pts joint top on points for a brief couple of minutes - im ignoring goal difference temporarily just for the hell of it! On that point though we could do with a couple of big wins without conceding to bring up our GD, 13 behind is considerable and with Pats having scored only 2 more!

adamd164
26/07/2013, 10:32 PM
Just watched Tommy Dunne's post-match interview. Rolling out the tired excuses and blaming players he brought in, this time Kilduff ffs, the fella who got our goal! What a muppet. 6 points off relegation now.

He's a sh1te Paul Doolin with the same rubbish tactics - less results but slightly more more hair.

nigel-harps1954
26/07/2013, 11:26 PM
Delighted with Harps win tonight. Youths had one shot on goal, and indeed as Forza forth said they looked about 12 years to old.

monkey9
27/07/2013, 12:05 AM

Ah but we are top of the league. It's fact.

dundalkfc10
27/07/2013, 12:12 AM
Ah but we are top of the league. It's fact.

If we dont win it (I dont think we will, lack pace up front unless Mulvennas playing and he is never gonna start many games) I hope yourselves or Derry do

monkey9
27/07/2013, 12:27 AM
If we dont win it (I dont think we will, lack pace up front unless Mulvennas playing and he is never gonna start many games) I hope yourselves or Derry do

Ah here, leave it out. We were just getting a nice little rivalry going there!!

Sheridan
27/07/2013, 12:40 AM
Make no mistake, Pat's are gonna win the league by default this year. The lack of a serious big-name challenger will prevent their loser genes from kicking in.

monkey9
27/07/2013, 1:18 AM
Make no mistake, Pat's are gonna win the league by default this year. The lack of a serious big-name challenger will prevent their loser genes from kicking in.

De fault. The two greatest words in the English language.

Jofspring
27/07/2013, 9:02 AM
Just watched Tommy Dunne's post-match interview. Rolling out the tired excuses and blaming players he brought in, this time Kilduff ffs, the fella who got our goal! What a muppet. 6 points off relegation now.

He's a sh1te Paul Doolin with the same rubbish tactics - less results but slightly more more hair.

Surely he didn't blame Kilduff. From the little I saw of the game he was ye're best player by a mile.

dong
27/07/2013, 9:04 AM
I'm hoping for a big Dick Brush clanger tonight as its the only chance we have as we are sh1te.

Dodge
27/07/2013, 9:37 AM
Surely he didn't blame Kilduff. From the little I saw of the game he was ye're best player by a mile.

He blamed naivety and indiscipline when talking about mistakes Cork made. Forgetting that Murray and Kilduff are experienced professionals

Kilduff was excellent all night though. Incredible work rate. McNulty clearly MOTM though

oriel
27/07/2013, 12:36 PM
There definitely doesn't appear to be any stand out candidates this season. Sligo have lost their cutting edge and appear to be a little stale, Derry are ok, but I really don't consider them as title challemgers, Pats are not exceptional but are grinding out results to be fair, and unless Rovers beat Sligo tonight and us next week, they are far too much off the pace.

This leaves ourselves, I dont think we will win it, but if we do (long shot) it will equal 1994/95 last title, just peaked with 6 games to go. European qualification will be an excellent return from our season, but if we keep winning you never know how high we can finish, 3rd would be nice.

pineapple stu
27/07/2013, 12:38 PM
Weird game at the Bowl last night. Walsh's goal is well worth looking out for; definite Goal of the Season contender.

Then Langtry was sent off for a bit of a tussle which neither the ref nor the linesman were going to do anything about until the Shels fans almost started encroaching the pitch (one did, I think, and was kicked out). Went 2-1 down, had Kav sent off for a silly little kick (you could argue it was so small it only warranted a yellow, but it was the same thing a Bohs player was sent off for against us earlier in the season, so at least the refs are consistent)

Then, 2-1 up and two men up, Shels shut up shop. Never seen anything like it. They had ten men back for corners and were playing five at the back in general. I think they had two shots in the half-hour after our second red; we could even have equalised in injury time, which would have been no more than Shels (if not we) deserved. Amazing stuff.

One point and four goals now between the bottom four. I do still think Shels are the weakest, though Bray have been dropping back into it in recent weeks and obviously us and Bohs are down there too.

Bottom four all play each other next week too. Seriously squeaky bum time down there.

patrickccfc
27/07/2013, 4:39 PM
He blamed naivety and indiscipline when talking about mistakes Cork made. Forgetting that Murray and Kilduff are experienced professionals

Kilduff was excellent all night though. Incredible work rate. McNulty clearly MOTM though
Thought kilduff was brilliant last night.. Some good saves from nults especially that one from flood he somehow tipped over the bar. Could of been 4 or 5 if it wasnt for him. Always knew pats were gona score the winner but could barely watch when it got to added time, its happened so much its ridiculous now and needs to be sorted out. Were in danger of being sucked into a relegation battle we need to get a few wins fast starting on friday against limerick.

dundalkfc10
27/07/2013, 4:48 PM

Nah just the 2nd most successful team in Ireland

MeathDrog
27/07/2013, 5:00 PM
Nah just the 2nd most successful team in Ireland

Lol wow.

pineapple stu
27/07/2013, 5:32 PM
Were in danger of being sucked into a relegation battle
I don't think ye are tbh. I could see one of the bottom four passing ye out, and maybe two, but not three (when ye'd win the play-off anyway) and certainly not all four.

Nesta99
27/07/2013, 5:42 PM

What do you mean no serious big-name challenger Shamrock Rovers are only a mere 11 points behind St Pats, only 9 less on GD and maybe only a game more played after tonight. They are breathing down their necks - very very tight between two contenders at the top this season

Aaron
27/07/2013, 5:52 PM
The top 5 are in the title race, the league is wide open this year. Anyone who rules any of the top 5 out are fools, Pat's hold a clear advantage, but all top 5 have to play each other again. Next 4 weeks will be crucial in who wins it IMO

bluemovie
27/07/2013, 5:54 PM
I'm hoping for a big Dick Brush clanger tonight as its the only chance we have as we are sh1te.

I'm sure you are, 'dong' ;)

patrickccfc
27/07/2013, 7:07 PM
I'm sure you are, 'dong' ;)
You'd know all about dongs wouldnt ya, "bluemovie":D

patrickccfc
27/07/2013, 7:12 PM
I don't think ye are tbh. I could see one of the bottom four passing ye out, and maybe two, but not three (when ye'd win the play-off anyway) and certainly not all four.
Im not overly concerned about relegation, but if we dont improve it could become very tight down there. Next 2 league games limerick away and bohs at home i believe are winnable games if we play well, having colin healy back wont do our chances any harm thats for sure

patrickccfc
27/07/2013, 7:59 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/media/extratime/images/badges/sligo2.png
Sligo RoversIarfhlaith Davoren (http://www.extratime.ie/player/547/iarfhlaith_davoren/) - Yellow Card (14')

Sat 27 Jul 2013

0 - 0
(Half Time)
http://www.extratime.ie/media/extratime/images/badges/shamrockrovers.png
Shamrock RoversKen Oman (http://www.extratime.ie/player/246/ken_oman/) - Yellow Card (33')
Nathan Brown (http://www.extratime.ie/player/11115102/nathan_brown/) - Missed Penalty (48')

Mcmillan missed a peno for sligo, but this is what extratime has up

Nesta99
27/07/2013, 8:16 PM
Longford losing to Mervue so the squeeze is on at the top of the 1st division too.

White Horse
27/07/2013, 8:45 PM
Great away point for Shamrock Rovers.

As the MNS boys would say, it is now their title to lose.

Sheridan
27/07/2013, 8:48 PM
The top 5 are in the title race, the league is wide open this year. Anyone who rules any of the top 5 out are fools, Pat's hold a clear advantage, but all top 5 have to play each other again. Next 4 weeks will be crucial in who wins it IMO
No. Even if the whispers of Ronnie Whelan replacing Baraclough in September are true, it's Pat's league to lose. No-one else has the consistency or the stability to challenge. Anyone who denies that is either a superstitious Pat's fan or a buffoon.

dundalkfc10
27/07/2013, 8:53 PM
No. Even if the whispers of Ronnie Whelan replacing Baraclough in September are true, it's Pat's league to lose. No-one else has the consistency or the stability to challenge. Anyone who denies that is either a superstitious Pat's fan or a buffoon.

We have won 8 drew 1 and lost 1 of our last 10 games! Is that not consistency?

Cuyahoga
27/07/2013, 8:53 PM
As it turned out he was the hero saving the penalty. Not a result either set of fans will be happy with. They play each other next in the League on the last day of the season which may or may not have a significance. A good weekend for St.Pats so far.

White Horse
27/07/2013, 8:57 PM

Dundalk can't win the league as their team was so poor last year.

That is how bad pundits are in Ireland. An irrelevant fact is paramount.

That Dundalk are in form and improving is discounted.

Longfordian
27/07/2013, 8:57 PM
Absolute rubbish from Town tonight. Not even a semblance of a plan. We have some decent players and O'Sullivan is a class act but Mervue played us off the park. I think we're destined for another year in the First Division if it exists next year.

outspoken
27/07/2013, 9:05 PM
Absolute rubbish from Town tonight. Not even a semblance of a plan. We have some decent players and O'Sullivan is a class act but Mervue played us off the park. I think we're destined for another year in the First Division if it exists next year.

Players are all over the shop, since when is Rhys Gorman a full back? David O'Neill sitting on the bench? Gary Shaw out of position all year with Purdy sitting on the bench? Sully moved out wide constantly? Where are these decisions coming from? As for the set piece marking its attractions, you would have never seen that when Coffey was here!

Nah Nah Nah Nah
27/07/2013, 9:05 PM
Same story as its been for us for most of the season. Didn't take our chances. Hit the post twice, missed a penalty and Brush definitely man of the match. Shams seemed like they had very little interest in winning the game. But certainly our best performance in a while. Will need to go on some run to catch Pats though.

pineapple stu
27/07/2013, 9:11 PM
Was that when we beat ye in Oriel?

Bloody hell! We are ridiculously inconsistent.

Longfordian
27/07/2013, 9:12 PM
Players are all over the shop, since when is Rhys Gorman a full back? David O'Neill sitting on the bench? Gary Shaw out of position all year with Purdy sitting on the bench? Sully moved out wide constantly? Where are these decisions coming from? As for the set piece marking its attractions, you would have never seen that when Coffey was here!

I don't know what they're doing in training but it doesn't appear to be working on tactics. Cousins gave Philip Coffey the flick for being "too defensive and old fashioned" apparently. I'm not saying he was a tactical genius either but things sure as hell haven't improved since he left. Depressing stuff.

Town Legend
27/07/2013, 9:14 PM
Again Cousins' lack of a plan B has cost him. I forget how many times he re-shuffled the back 4? i know an injury forced one but playing Gorman at right back??? Shaw lasting another 70 mins while Purdy sat again for the whole night on the bench. Also he seems intent on forcing long ball football. At one stage in the first half Gorman came for a short ball from Bennion to try and get something going from the back and Cousins roars at Gorman to get back up the pitch!! I think Cousins has sh*t himself and that's filtering through the team.

Calcio Jack
27/07/2013, 9:15 PM
Time for the Rovers Board to realise they've got it wrong again and start to target a new manager for next season as Croly just isn't up to it - more than even chance that we'll fail to even qualify for Europe , with the resources available this season and last are a abject failure on account of conservative board members who are more concerned with ensuring their own pay packets are safe rather than investing in the right manager- real pity as we could of become Ireland's version of Rosenberg but small minded thinking by the main players on our Board have let us down.