PDA

View Full Version : FAO ptegan Re: Paris transport

Strasbourg Bohs
06/10/2004, 7:30 AM
Firstly, well done on the website.....i'm sure everyone agrees its been a great help for any Paris virgins out there.
Just a quick question about metro/bus tickets. Its obviously necesary to validate the tickets when u board the metro/bus and its valid for 1 hour, just like here in Strasbourg.....But if you change from the first metro to a bus, is it necesary to revalidate the tickets when getting on the bus or is validating it once enough...?
The reason i ask is because they've recently chnaged the system in Strasbourg, where every time you change tram to another tram or bus, you must revalidate the ticket. Where as before you only validated it once and it lasted one hour.....
Its just a simple question, but we don't want anyone getting stung for a hefty fine, do we?
(any hoops fans, can ignore any info given here...as far as you are concerned, transport in Paris is free!!!! ;) )

ptegan
06/10/2004, 8:32 AM
hehe, I'll warn the cops about those Hoops fans then :)

In Paris, the tickets you buy either singlly or 10 in a carnet can be used both on the metro and on buses.but you can't for example take a metro and then get off it and then take a bus on the same ticket. Each time you step onto a bus you have to use a new ticket. Yes, I know it's stupid but there you go !

But when you take the metro, you can use the ticket for about an hour, changing lines as often as you like, as long as you don't leave the metro system (i.e. step out into the real world!)

Rover 2 U
06/10/2004, 10:39 AM
as long as you don't leave the metro system (i.e. step out into the real world!)

The real world! :D To somebody who thinks they follow "The Big Club" :D
Hillarious stuff! :D