PDA

View Full Version : Another one bites the dust... Giuly OUT!

SwindonIrish
05/10/2004, 9:53 PM
PARIS, Oct 5 (AFP) - France's preparations for their World Cup
qualifier against the Republic of Ireland here on Saturday have
suffered another setback with the withdrawal of Ludovic Giuly
through injury.
The Barcelona striker, who will also miss Wednesday's trip to
Cyprus, joins Juventus attacker David Trezeguet on the sidelines.
Trezeguet has already been replaced in the squad by Marseille's
Peguy Luyindula.

eirebhoy
05/10/2004, 9:59 PM
OMG, you can't be serious.

Where's the link?

ptegan
06/10/2004, 5:43 AM
Unable to find anything on Google news....

gspain
06/10/2004, 7:11 AM
This was on Sky Sports News last night - confirmed - great news - I think he is a class player.

However even still the french will have player for player a better 11 on the field than us. Given all their problem showever and our team spirit we will have a stronger team.

Having said all that I'd still take a point and run but do think we'll get one.

only1kilbane
06/10/2004, 8:10 AM
Just heard from skysports news and fifa that Giuly is out of the Ireland game. This is great news for us as he is one of there most creative players. It just gets better and better !!! Haway the lads

thejollyrodger
06/10/2004, 8:33 AM
Thats good news alright. Savage amount of injuires. I can see it affect team morale more than anything. No doubt they will have someone nearly as good to come in. I would still take the point and run.

ptegan
06/10/2004, 8:38 AM
Or the younger players may realise that this is going to be their best chance at getting a game with all the regulars out and hence, play like Gods just to show what thay can do ?

macdermesser
06/10/2004, 9:20 AM
Henry, Pires, Cisse and so on .. Anelka if they bothered picking him.. there are still plenty of goals in that French team. I can't see them not scoring .. so where are our goals going to come from ? One obvious source .. Robbie .. but he's only back from injury. I think we'd be doing very well getting a draw. Its a pity that we didn't catch them in the first game .. they have had two wake up calls since. Draw would be a fantastic result ...

Paris04
06/10/2004, 9:34 AM
As fRance fan followers we are not woried.. Ireland is a spirit team but with no skill level of play..Too many players cannot pass football to player... Fracne to victory 4 or 5 goals and confidence of France players good for next matches

Paris04
06/10/2004, 9:36 AM
Ireland cannot play soccer pass, kick and score way. No skill plaers as France in Henry and Pires.. Duff very slow. Fracne easy win.

Dan K
06/10/2004, 9:37 AM
As fRance fan followers we are not woried.. Ireland is a spirit team but with no skill level of play..Too many players cannot pass football to player... Fracne to victory 4 or 5 goals and confidence of France players good for next matches

4 or 5 goals? Like you did against Israel and the Faroes?

I hope to God the French coaching staff are saying stuff like this to the team!

Sadly I think they're not quite so naive as this fella...

Dan K
06/10/2004, 9:39 AM
Ireland cannot play soccer pass, kick and score way. No skill plaers as France in Henry and Pires.. Duff very slow. Fracne easy win.

You don't watch much football, do you?

Sheridan
06/10/2004, 9:42 AM
4 or 5 goals? Like you did against Israel and the Faroes?

I hope to God the French coaching staff are saying stuff like this to the team!

Sadly I think they're not quite so nieve as this fella...
Well, being French I'm sure they can spell naïve (or naif, if you prefer) for a start. :p

Paris04 is obviously someone who thinks they're funny taking the p*ss, and doing a very poor job.

I wonder if you lot still think a draw would represent a decent result? I'm telling you, you can and should win this game (or at least approach it with that attitude.)

Paris04
06/10/2004, 9:43 AM
I see great football, bnot kick-foul-kick-foul play like mad irihs 'football' :mad:
Football lesson for you humiliity on Saturday!!! :D

Dan K
06/10/2004, 9:46 AM
I see great football, bnot kick-foul-kick-foul play like mad irihs 'football' :mad:
Football lesson for you humiliity on Saturday!!! :D
I hope you are French. If this is real, you can't buy comedy like this! :D

Paris04
06/10/2004, 9:48 AM
You today :D
You afer France 4-0 win :(

gspain
06/10/2004, 9:49 AM
guys -clue he said soccer not football......c'est wind up....

gspain
06/10/2004, 9:55 AM
I'm not going to question individual players however this glut of injuries is not just down to bad luck. It shows there is a an issue as has been widely reported. morale in squad cannot be good.

France still have better players than us but we are a team.

We may never have a better chanc eof beating a team like France away from home in a competitive match however a draw is still a fantastic result. Lets not get too carried away here. We have never ever beaten a really top team away from home in a competitive game - yes friendlies and of course Giants stadium 94 but that was a neutral venue and Czechoslovakia in 67 were very good but not top notch.

koneinc
06/10/2004, 10:07 AM
A draw will still be a good result, a win would be magic!

koneinc
06/10/2004, 10:09 AM

PMSL :D Roll On Saturday

Paris04
06/10/2004, 10:13 AM
PMSL :D Roll On Saturday

Roll on Saturday France!

4-0

:ball: Cisse, Henry x 2, Pires,

:D

Peadar
06/10/2004, 10:16 AM
Roll on Saturday France!

4-0

:ball: Cisse, Henry x 2, Pires,

:D

Pires is out injured.
Thought you'd have heard that by now!?
Henry doesn't like Cisse so he wont pass to him.
You're going to get such a kicking on Saturday you will have to pull out of the Cyprus game :D

Paris04
06/10/2004, 10:36 AM
Pires injured?! I don't think so friend...
Pires our playmaker without Zizou/Guily
Easy win still! 4-0 :D

Peadar
06/10/2004, 10:51 AM

Taken off against Rosenborg.
Didn't play against Charlton.
I think you're clutching at straws there mate.
He's unlikely to play and if he does he may regret it!!!

Marko
06/10/2004, 11:12 AM
Paris 04 - vous etes pleine de merde, comme votre anglais

eirebhoy
06/10/2004, 11:14 AM
How come this is the only site with the story?:
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/041005/6/2c18.html

Pires-Diarra-Dacourt-Wiltord should be the midfield if they play with a 4-4-2 but I doubt they'll play 4-4-2.

Lionel Ritchie
06/10/2004, 11:21 AM
Pires our playmaker without Zizou/Guily
Easy win still! 4-0 :D

Good to know the ..ahem.. "french" also enjoy the simple pleasures to be obtained from a small plastic bag, a tin of heavy duty adhesive and en botteil de Turpentine :rolleyes: :D

Paris04
06/10/2004, 11:24 AM
Good to know the ..ahem.. "french" also enjoy the simple pleasures to be obtained from a small plastic bag, a tin of heavy duty adhesive and en botteil de Turpentine :rolleyes: :D

Lionel Ritchie - your ONCE, TWICE THREEE TIMES A LADY....!!!!

4-0 :D

ptegan
06/10/2004, 11:34 AM
Moreira remplace Giuly

Daniel Moreira a été convoqué en équipe de France à la place de Ludovic Giuly, qui a quitté Clairefontaine sur blessure mardi soir. Aujourd'hui à Toulouse, il compte déjà 2 sélections en équipe de France, obtenues sous le mandat de Jacques Santini, en 2002. Il évoluait alors à Lens.

Daniel Moreira, already picked twice for France, will take the place of Giuly.

mjpcc
06/10/2004, 12:25 PM
The fact we get so excited by the number and quality of French absentees speaks for itself. They have a huge pool of quality players to choose from.

At some stage they will bounce back from their poor starting form and gel as a team. Hopefully it wil not be against us.

We were pretty poor against Switzerland. Let's face it. We have to improve and get back to playing with pride and passion and need big games from Shay, Roy, Duffer, Robbie, Kenny and Andy - from everyone.

A point in Paris would be a great result for us.

However, I do enjoy wild Irish optimism and am travelling 3,000 miles to see hopefully a great game and a result for Ireland.

:ball: :ball: :ball:

thejollyrodger
06/10/2004, 12:49 PM
Good to hear another injury for France but we havent really beaten a good team away from home and our team isnt really fully settled. I'm still hoping for a draw.

mjpcc
06/10/2004, 12:58 PM
Interesting interview with Raymond Domenech on Soccernet.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=312500&cc=5901

eirebhoy
06/10/2004, 1:04 PM
Is this more good news?

Domenech will take the unusual step of announcing the starting line-up on Thursday evening after that day's training session.
http://www.sportinglife.com/football/worldcup2006/story_get.dor?STORY_NAME=international_feed/04/10/05/SOCCER_Fra-France_Wiltord.html :)

Stuttgart88
06/10/2004, 1:58 PM
Interesting interview with Domenech. Robert Pires sounds like a spoilt brat and there seems to be an attitude problem in the squad. Domenech appears to have a few Kyron Dyers on his hands.

thejollyrodger
06/10/2004, 2:21 PM
We are the French national team. We are not an ordinary team.

HAHA - more of this please and we can catch them off guard.