PDA

View Full Version : supporters bus to Cobh this Saturday

outspoken
16/07/2013, 1:48 PM
The supporters club are running a bus to St.Colmans Park this Saturday and we need a minimum of 16 names to run it at 15 euro a head which is great value considering the distance. We would expect to be leaving no later than 3pm so if you can go please contact Liam.

Martinho II
16/07/2013, 7:06 PM
yet again I cant make a game due to work.. will I ever make a game I ask?

outspoken
19/07/2013, 11:22 AM
Bus confirmed for a 1.30pm departure from Longford at 15 euro a head, should be down in plenty of time for a pre match pint or two so if there's anyone still interested just comment below.

Salmon Coloured
19/07/2013, 1:28 PM
Bus confirmed for a 1.30pm departure from Longford at 15 euro a head, should be down in plenty of time for a pre match pint or two so if there's anyone still interested just comment below.

Any chance of a lift back to Rathcormac after the game for 2 lads? We will probably make our own way to Cobh first. I got a lift back the last time. Thanks.

outspoken
19/07/2013, 1:32 PM
Up to the driver can't see it being a problem if were going that way.

fitzpatrick10
19/07/2013, 6:32 PM
is the bus not full sure

outspoken
20/07/2013, 9:16 AM
1 or 2 places left

RonnieB
20/07/2013, 9:36 PM
Wtf happened? **** it anyway.

Town Legend
21/07/2013, 10:28 AM
6 mins left plus injury time, a goal down and 2 attackers left on the bench! According to the match report Purdy and Ebbe were left on the bench when we needed a goal. If true Cousins needs to take a good long hard look at himself. Any manager worth his salt would realise when there's a few mins left and you're a goal down you have to take a gamble now and again.

outspoken
21/07/2013, 11:58 AM
6 mins left plus injury time, a goal down and 2 attackers left on the bench! According to the match report Purdy and Ebbe were left on the bench when we needed a goal. If true Cousins needs to take a good long hard look at himself. Any manager worth his salt would realise when there's a few mins left and you're a goal down you have to take a gamble now and again.

What till I tell you this, not only did he leave them on the bench, do you know who he brought on instead? A central defender Brian McCarthy! Cousins was finally found out last night, he had loads of time to change our approach after the red card as it came right before HT but what did he do he sent them out to play exactly the same way in others words well take our chances wel be grand and it fcked us up badly as we couldnt get out of our own 18 yard box and just sh!t ourselves. If we don't beat Mervue we are fecked!

outspoken
21/07/2013, 12:09 PM
I actually had a mini report wrote up for ye on here this morning but my phone obviously didnt post it. Basically we took the lead from a corner as O'Hanlon (who came on after 4 minutes for Shaw who was knocked out cold) headed home, second goal was almost identical only it was O'Brien's cross at the second attempt that found the head of Gorman. Then Sully received a simply pass into feet inside the area, turned his man and tucked it into the bottom corner. 3-0 we thought it was going to be 5 or 6.

Saying that though I didn't think Cobh were that bad and Bennion actually had to make some good saves including 1 world class stop going into the top corner. We were cruising up until the 43rd min when a long ball split the defenders and Bennion was slow off his line and Haverty ended up pulling back O'Neill as he went to round Bennion, for once Buttimer got it right although their player did make the most of it.

As soon as the goal went in we dropped into our shell and let Cobh play from the half-way line up, no pressure on the ball whatsover. As I said in my previous post TC had time to change this at HT but failed to do so.

We were comfortable enough up until the 2nd penalty which was an absolute dive and as soon as that went in you just knew number 3 and number 4 were coming as we stayed in our 18 yard box, no pressure on the ball. The third was a header that looped over Bennion and O'Neill's winner was world class, took it on his chest and volleyed it over Bennion (He could do nothing for the goals apart from maybe getting of his line quicker for the 1st one but he was clearly playing on injured after making a save in the 1st half, limping very badly).

We had 3 shots and 3 goals, we had chances to break in the first half and add to our lead and failed to do so and that cost us, a lot of questions to be answered about our approach to these games. We simply MUST beat Mervue United next weekend and after their superb result against Harps thats far from a given, plus we robbed a win up their last time so a bit like Cobh they owe us one. This is sickening to say the least.

Martinho II
21/07/2013, 7:27 PM
after readin the match report i am really fearin our chances.. dependin on if i can get the 6.30 bus in time i hope to make second half sat! i think athlone will go from strength to strength.. we have never played well all season and we are being found out again.. i am gettin sickened of the same mistakes from last year and am really startin to doubt our chances.. i am not goin to say cousins out but he has to take a hard look at what he is doin

fitzpatrick10
22/07/2013, 3:59 PM
Its more the manner in which we lost, to lose a 3nil lead, were still on top , was only a matter of time before we dropped a few points, if we go into el classico with a win and draw id take it, we still have to play athlone twice and with them playing waterford away and harps at home its only matter of time before they drop points.. Remember we have bein prone to injuries and havent had a consistent back 4 in ages.. keep the faith

Longfordian
22/07/2013, 4:15 PM
It'd help consistency if our defenders stopped getting f****n booked and sent off. It's costing us in several ways.

outspoken
22/07/2013, 4:35 PM
Haverty suspended this weekend and Hope doubtful so I'd expect him to go with:

Treacy, Willo, Tyrell, O'Connor - However, I think it's time McCarthy got another run in the team, haven't been impressed with Willo of late

Martinho II
22/07/2013, 7:08 PM
why is des hope not playin outspoken?

outspoken
22/07/2013, 7:46 PM
why is des hope not playin outspoken?

Picked up an injury away to Harps. Huge blow because he was simply immense at home to Waterford.

Martinho II
23/07/2013, 8:03 PM
will des be out for long outspoken? just when he was coming back to form

outspoken
23/07/2013, 11:32 PM
Some of the lads told me he might be back for the weekend. Here's hoping.

L.T.F.C.
24/07/2013, 12:29 AM
Some of the lads told me he might be back for the weekend. Here's hoping.
Des Hoping. :cool:

Keen2win
24/07/2013, 5:36 AM
Des Hoping. :cool:

Leave

outspoken
26/07/2013, 10:07 AM
The disgraceful 2nd peno decision by anthony buttimer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_WjazAX2b9M

L.T.F.C.
26/07/2013, 4:48 PM
Wow that is bad.