PDA

View Full Version : Callaghan leaves Bohs.

bullit
15/07/2013, 8:24 PM
Just going on this tweet from Extra.

ExtratimeNews (https://twitter.com/ExtratimeNews)2m (https://twitter.com/ExtratimeNews/status/356871312892887041)
Aaron Callaghan, following discussions and agreement with the board of directors, has left Bohemians #LeagueOfIreland (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23LeagueOfIreland&src=hash)

adamd164
15/07/2013, 8:56 PM
Roddy back to the premier sooner than expected?

Jofspring
15/07/2013, 8:59 PM
Scully?

Probably looking to get back in to management and will most likely make Bohs very hard to beat. Guaranteed three points against us in Thomond park too.

ATFC-1887
15/07/2013, 9:02 PM
Roddy will be going nowhere.

Bawnville Hoop
15/07/2013, 9:05 PM
Once Dave Scully is there doesn't matter if Mourinho is hired.

Bohs11
15/07/2013, 9:21 PM
A really genuine bloke who was doing stellar work for us with the academy.

Unfortunately though it's a results business and he wasn't good enough this season. Can't see him being to long out of work though in some sort of role behind the scenes.

bullit
15/07/2013, 9:56 PM
Heary takes over as caretaker manager but will not be in the dugout due to his sending off v Dundalk on friday night.
Great start in what is a crucial,maybe season defining match for Bohs!

Aaron
15/07/2013, 10:03 PM
Heary to get the job permanently?

wonder88
15/07/2013, 10:51 PM
A real football man and I hope he is not long out of the league of Ireland. I have seen Bohs a few times this year where the have been unlucky to come away with nothing from the games. I saw them on tv outclass Shamrock R at Tallagh and only get a point (the ref helped the home side in this one) and was in Limerick where they lost by a late in injury time goal. A few weeks ago they also lost at home against the same opposition after having posession for most of the match. Both these other clubs pay wages that are multiplies of what Bohs pay, but Bohs fans can't complain about this as they were the big spenders only a few years ago.
It is a results business of course and therefore Callaghan is rated less of a manager than Pat Fenlon and Sean Connors, who were in charge of football affairs when the club was drived to ruin. It is unlikely that Callaghan has added to the financial debt at Dalymount while he was in charge and his teams did play soccer that was nice to watch.
It will be interesting to see who they decide on to replace him, changing manager has clearly worked for Shels.

jinxy lilywhite
15/07/2013, 11:25 PM
overall I think its a bad decision by the bohs board. in saying that though I have only seen them twice. I thought they needed a striker more than a new manager,

Bohs11
15/07/2013, 11:30 PM
A real football man and I hope he is not long out of the league of Ireland. I have seen Bohs a few times this year where the have been unlucky to come away with nothing from the games. I saw them on tv outclass Shamrock R at Tallagh and only get a point (the ref helped the home side in this one) and was in Limerick where they lost by a late in injury time goal. A few weeks ago they also lost at home against the same opposition after having posession for most of the match. Both these other clubs pay wages that are multiplies of what Bohs pay, but Bohs fans can't complain about this as they were the big spenders only a few years ago.
It is a results business of course and therefore Callaghan is rated less of a manager than Pat Fenlon and Sean Connors, who were in charge of football affairs when the club was drived to ruin. It is unlikely that Callaghan has added to the financial debt at Dalymount while he was in charge and his teams did play soccer that was nice to watch.
It will be interesting to see who they decide on to replace him, changing manager has clearly worked for Shels.

In fairness we didn't get the rub of the green this year.

However our squad was too big both seasons with too much chopping and changing. I can't see him getting the top job with another club. He's just too much of a nice fella to be a top manager. The players has absolutely no fear of him when they put in a terrible shift.

In saying this, I think he would be the ideal person for any club looking to develop their academy. He did a phenomenal job for us putting in places structures to develop our youth system.

Spudulika
16/07/2013, 6:30 AM
Really disappointed for the man, but football is about points and cash, Bohs have few of either. Really hope he gets a youth role next, plus he's working with DCC, very good guy.

gael353
16/07/2013, 7:10 AM

What are the rovers and limerick budgets wonder? You keep mentioning them in posts

bennocelt
16/07/2013, 7:26 AM
Good decision, might be a good coach but that's different to management - Bohs probably left it too late though now that they are in freefall.

disgruntled
16/07/2013, 8:46 AM
Sorry to see any manager lose their job but being in Dublin will make it easier for Bohs to find another manager pretty quickly.
I know some have said Callaghan is a better coach than a manager but its hard to judge when you have no money to spend.
I'm sure there are plenty of managers out of work who will fancy getting back in even thought it will be a struggle with Bohs.

Martinho II
16/07/2013, 7:24 PM
wonder will pete mahon go back to bohs? doubt it after way he was treated yrs ago!

JC_GUFC
17/07/2013, 7:53 AM
What are the rovers and limerick budgets wonder? You keep mentioning them in posts

Multiples of Bohs'

Spudulika
20/07/2013, 9:08 AM
Pat Dolan. Pat......Dolan.

adamd164
20/07/2013, 9:38 AM
Not sure if it's been mentioned but back page of the sun yesterday said Dolan has met with Bohs board.

Charlie Darwin
20/07/2013, 4:39 PM
This'll be grand craic.

sheao
21/07/2013, 10:58 PM
Sun on Sunday had a story which said that Heary would quit Bohs if Dolan was appointed manager.

Ezeikial
22/07/2013, 7:02 AM
Sun on Sunday had a story which said that Heary would quit Bohs if Dolan was appointed manager.

I hear Heary is insisting on Sean Conor

Longfordian
25/07/2013, 12:33 PM
I see Roddy's rumoured to be talking to Bohs. That'd be funny for many reasons.

ATFC-1887
25/07/2013, 12:38 PM
Got permission alright. But he won't be leaving. He has said it to numerous people. Well at least i hope he wont leave haha

Charlie Darwin
25/07/2013, 12:42 PM
I see Roddy's rumoured to be talking to Bohs. That'd be funny for many reasons.
I heard he'd been offered twice as much money to go to Longford. But I heard that from Roddy so I'm not sure what to believe.

dong
25/07/2013, 1:00 PM
Got permission alright. But he won't be leaving. He has said it to numerous people. Well at least i hope he wont leave haha
You're not as certain about that as you were a couple of weeks ago when you were guaranteeing he wouldn't be going anywhere.

Longfordian
25/07/2013, 1:15 PM
Why would he want permission to talk to them if he isn't thinking about taking the job?

Acornvilla
25/07/2013, 1:45 PM
This has been the plan all along. Roddy's 1st signing will be Gary Curran.

outspoken
25/07/2013, 1:52 PM
I thought it was strange Heary wouldnt get the job but I only heard now he doesnt have the relevant license so heres hoping :)

Bosco
25/07/2013, 1:53 PM
This has been the plan all along. Roddy's 1st signing will be Gary Curran.

Is he a brother of Enda by any chance?

Acornvilla
25/07/2013, 1:59 PM
Enda Curran you say, never heard of him.

nigel-harps1954
25/07/2013, 5:07 PM

Nope, Gary plays for Mervue.

ATFC-1887
25/07/2013, 5:16 PM
Why would he want permission to talk to them if he isn't thinking about taking the job?

Where did it say Roddy wanted permission haha Bohs asked for permission to speak to roddy. Athlone granted that request.

Keen2win
25/07/2013, 5:18 PM
A Gutsy move by Bohs in fairness!

Longfordian
25/07/2013, 6:12 PM
Where did it say Roddy wanted permission haha Bohs asked for permission to speak to roddy. Athlone granted that request.
Yes. I'm sure nobody at Bohs had a means of contacting him to establish if he might be interested before they approached Athlone. It's all a massive surprise to Roddy. I'm pretty sure every transfer in LOI be it manager or player starts with a phone call to the person the club want. Despite what the individual themselves may say if asked.

ATFC-1887
25/07/2013, 7:00 PM
Well you are just presuming. No facts. Roddy has told people within Athlone that he has no interest in leaving. Ye seem more obsessed with Roddy than yer own club.

RonnieB
25/07/2013, 7:01 PM
I personally have posters of him in every part of my house. I even got curtains on order.

That said, he is a good manager... *feels all dirty*

Spudulika
25/07/2013, 7:34 PM
Was joking with a journo the other day about Roddy going to Dagestan, got a message tonight "Bould Rod's mad for Dalyer". I've my doubts as he has his opposition in the club and would bring problems with him, then again, being gond of Athlone I'd see them as getting a good deal. If Roddy wants to go, he will. We'll hear about dark forces stopping him, a certain person blocking, an agenda against him etc. Be funny in a sense if he got Bohs relegated.

Town Legend
25/07/2013, 7:52 PM
Who's this Roderick chap that you all speak of??

Charlie Darwin
25/07/2013, 8:11 PM
Who's this Roderick chap that you all speak of??
He's mates with Enda Curran. Have you heard of him? Apparently he's mulling over a couple of transfer bids.

Town Legend
25/07/2013, 8:28 PM
Rumours has it that Curran said in an interview with a Chinese paper he's mulling over two offers from 'the Milan clubs and I don't know whether to go red and black or blue and black'. Needless to say misinterpretations led to Longford and Athlone supporters thinking Curran said the Midland clubs instead of the Milan clubs. That same paper said that a certain Roderick Collins has said he'd be very interested in taking charge of Shaghai Pudong Zobon FC if they decide to get rid of their current under fire manager.

Longfordian
25/07/2013, 8:30 PM
Well you are just presuming. No facts. Roddy has told people within Athlone that he has no interest in leaving. Ye seem more obsessed with Roddy than yer own club.

Yes I'm presuming but based on 15 or so years following LOI and my basic understanding of how the world works. I don't presume that other clubs aren't contacting our manager/player if they want them. The LOI is too small and it's just too easy to do that it actually would genuinely shock me if feelers were not put out well before any official approach. You seem to take everything Roddy tells people as the truth. I rate Roddy as a manager funnily enough but I wouldn't believe a word he says. He works for himself and always has.

brendy_éire
30/07/2013, 12:11 PM
Heary to remain on as caretaker manager until September at least, according to the Twitter machine.

gufc2000
30/07/2013, 3:59 PM
Roddy and Pat Dolan have turned it down. Heary cannot get the job full time because he doesn't have his pro licence

pineapple stu
30/07/2013, 6:35 PM
Random rumour-mongering - did Bohs want Roddy for his licence alone?

Spudulika
30/07/2013, 7:10 PM
It's said that he had unfinished business, to prove the doubters wrong, that he wasn't a lucky manager, that he was more than just a double winner who sired half the players (in a coaching sense) playing in the LOI and the EPL/SPL. He wanted it, wanted it bad like Pat Dolan wanted that last Rolo, like a Rovers fan wants to believe that they are royalty on a par with Porto and Partizan Belgrade. But it wasn't to be. Athlone, those Midland devils sitting in the centre of the island, wouldn't let him go for less than a bag of turf and box of eggs (rancid ones to throw at Longford as they rose from the graveyard Division into the Purgatory Division), but since Bohs are so stony broke and without a trough to hiss in, they had to hang onto the Rod, his squad and his dream of rising into the Premier and getting out before a) the club are mathematically assured of relegation or b) bankrupt.

Rumour Magicme has an option on Roddy's contract and was asking too much for the transfer.

marinobohs
01/08/2013, 12:05 PM
.................its true, Roddy was gagging for the Bohs job but given his shy retiring nature he didn't mention it to anyone and he was passed over for the gig in favour of Owen Heary. It is also true that Owen only accepted the job after assurances that the 3/4 million coming in from reselling the Tramway end would be ploughed into team development (Champions League Group stages here we come:p) Previous frontrunner Pat Devlin withdrew his application on hearing that Eddie Rocketts were no longer operating out of Dalymount.