PDA

View Full Version : sign here to.......

green army
05/10/2004, 12:37 PM
show your appreciation for ptegan and all the effort in giving us general information about paris.i sure he had better things to be doing. and to his partner for putting up with him during this. hope you get sorted out for tickets. u made it to last nights evening herald also.

Cowboy
05/10/2004, 12:50 PM
fair balls to ya ptegan, a great effort indeed. I think this site is the best football one I've seen, by the way. Very impressed with the way lads sell match tickets at face value, little things like that that make you realise there are some decent people out there afterall.

I 2nd that

OMP Player
05/10/2004, 12:51 PM
All my respect to ptegan! Without you I wouldn't have a clue what to do when i arrived in Paris. Fair play to your new fiance for putting up with your "lost time" on the net setting us up for the weekend!

I also noticed that the Star newspaper copied your Metro explanation from your website word for word, maybe thats your ticket to the riches! :p

Paulie
05/10/2004, 12:58 PM
Yeah, fair play Ptegan. For he's a jolly good fellow etc. etc.

Stuttgart88
05/10/2004, 12:58 PM
Great work, thanks.

Don Vito
05/10/2004, 1:05 PM
Cheers Ptegan we'd all be lost without you!

OMP Player
05/10/2004, 1:05 PM
In the Transport section @ http://paul.egan.neuf.fr/

Barna Bee
05/10/2004, 1:50 PM
well done , great effort

ptegan
05/10/2004, 2:15 PM
Cheers folks.

I wouldn't have bothered doing it if it wasn't for you lot looking so lost. When I had 70 hits to the site after 4 days I was happy as I reckoned that everyone had managed to find it. It's at 200+ per day now due to all the ads and mostly 'word of mouth' from the fans here.

Also I received more offers of tickets then what I know what to do with. I hope I've replied to everyone with thanks. I'm sure whatever happens I'll get a good view of us winning 2-0 :)

What's that 'OMP Player'? The Star copied my website without asking me? Hmm, maybe I'll make a buck or two afterall :)

Brenny
05/10/2004, 2:45 PM
Fair play to ya,we`d be lost without your site!
:D

Fr. Murphy
05/10/2004, 4:08 PM
Many thanks for all the info…especially the info on the "adult" bars. Ill get you a lap dance of my way of saying thanks.

captkeen
05/10/2004, 4:16 PM
yes ill agree to your work as well.wheres the main criac going to be on friday night .Is everyone headind to corcorans .

captkeen
05/10/2004, 4:18 PM
anyone on here from Rathfarnham aera of Dublin.

irwinsalegend
05/10/2004, 4:21 PM
Good work Mr. Egan. I've a feeling the Pont Neuff might not be as quiet this Saturday night at 2am as it was last week in your picture. There will be many a man feeling quite amorous by that stage I’m sure.

ptegan
05/10/2004, 9:58 PM
yes ill agree to your work as well.wheres the main criac going to be on friday night .Is everyone headind to corcorans .

Personally I'm going to be in La locandiera, a French bar in 75011, pretty close to the centre of town and those in the Bastille/Republic/Gare de Nord area.

I'll be there to hear my good friend Jim Rowlands, the amazing Welshman on guitar and we're going to be celebrating the Welsh victory over the english 24 hours in advance :)

http://www.jim-rowlands.com/

I told him that I could get 35,000 Irish people at his gig even though the place would be full with 20, at least the street is full of bars!

Don Vito
05/10/2004, 11:34 PM
Many thanks for all the info…especially the info on the "adult" bars. Ill get you a lap dance of my way of saying thanks.

Shame on you Fr. Murphy!! But I don't think you're the only one thinking that way round here. I know for a fact the Jamaican P.M. is an Angels regular and having sampled Liverpool's finest dancers recently he's only too keen to see what the French have to offer!

Stuttgart88
06/10/2004, 8:08 AM
anyone on here from Rathfarnham aera of Dublin.

Me (though I'm living in London), and there's a guy called Rathfarnham Utd too.

petef
06/10/2004, 8:25 AM
Yeah excellent effort, someone buy that man a pint if they see him!

captkeen
06/10/2004, 8:29 AM
Personally I'm going to be in La locandiera, a French bar in 75011, pretty close to the centre of town and those in the Bastille/Republic/Gare de Nord area.

I'll be there to hear my good friend Jim Rowlands, the amazing Welshman on guitar and we're going to be celebrating the Welsh victory over the english 24 hours in advance :)

http://www.jim-rowlands.com/

I told him that I could get 35,000 Irish people at his gig even though the place would be full with 20, at least the street is full of bars!

whats the nearest
metro to there.

Cosmo
06/10/2004, 8:37 AM
Yeah cheers ptegan, you have being absolutely unreal for us. Seriously buddy fair play to you.

Lads something should be done for him - could we all chip in and buy him something or something like that?? - the chap has gone out of his way big time to help us out and save us money!!

'Many thanks for all the info…especially the info on the "adult" bars. Ill get you a lap dance of my way of saying thanks.'

I missed that - wheres the lthread for that?? Its for ahem a friend :rolleyes:

Peadar
06/10/2004, 8:49 AM
show your appreciation for ptegan and all the effort in giving us general information about paris.

The website isn't great.
I've seen better.
No Flash intro's, no live update ticker, no merchandise section.
The layout is poor and the colour scheme is basic.
Wouldn't be surprised if the whole thing was a wind-up by some pesky blues.
For all we know we could be walking into a trap!?
:D
Ah no, well done Paul.
Thanks for the time and effort.
Surprised you still have a significant other ;)
See you in Paris mate.

ptegan
06/10/2004, 9:09 AM
hahaha, yes...actually it's a huge Blue plot.

None of the players are injured. And the players retiring? All a joke to fool the silly Irish with their long-ball game :p

But seriously, it's been fun doing this. I just wish that I had started something earlier but as I mentioned earlier, if it wasn't for you lot keeping this forum so active there would have been no point in doing it in the first place.

The wife-to-be was proud of me when she saw me up 'til 2am looking for the best route from the hotel to the pub for someone I'll probably never meet, so I doubt she'll leave me just yet :)

Now...if someone could do the same for the return game I could translate it into French :)

Fr. Murphy
06/10/2004, 10:31 AM
About the strip club im only asking the question that everyone was thinking ;)

ptegan
06/10/2004, 11:29 AM
The prob Fr. Murphy, as I said before, is that there aren't a lot of strip-clubs. When you can walk up to a lady of the night on the street and go back to a hotel in daylight without the police bothering you....people don't bother too much with the tamer stuff.

But don't worry, we'll find someone to sit in your lap yet :p

Fr. Murphy
06/10/2004, 11:41 AM
But don't worry, we'll find someone to sit in your lap yet :p

Will your girlfriends mate/sister be around for a rendez vous over the weekend??? :)

ptegan
06/10/2004, 3:29 PM
whats the nearest
metro to there.

Metro Menilmontant on the line 2 or Parmintier on line 3 :)

It's a pretty cool area, mostly French places and some very cheap ones too.
Probably the best place to go if you're trying to get *away* from all those green shirts :)

Zidane
06/10/2004, 6:18 PM
Thanks for all the help with the site. Your a credit to your country.

the 12 th man
06/10/2004, 7:57 PM
About the strip club im only asking the question that everyone was thinking ;)

you might get a "phone call from rome" fr murphy if you persist in pursuing the line of questioning that you appear to be fixated on.

regards
fr ww
(i know what i'm talking about,i was that soldier ;) )

supasparx
06/10/2004, 9:53 PM
Cheers Boss, a great help!

Just hope that come Monday you start researching Tel-Aviv/Faroes/Cyprus/Munich/Frankfurt/Berlin!!!!

IsMiseSean
06/10/2004, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll probably still end up getting lost though :(

DonegalDub
07/10/2004, 8:59 AM
I've never been as "in the know" about a trip before, thanks to you PT. Also, when you're bringing a 12 year old away for the first time, you like to have things sussed and you did that for me! Hope I get to meet you at Jim's gig...if they let the young lad in! You should be getting commission from every bar/cafe you promoted on the site! If we all tell them that it was you who sent us there, they might be open to contribute to your wedding!

Cheers, mate, thanks again!

PS After this game, I hope the Travellinggreens site won't die and that somebody else will do the same for us for the rest of the away games. Who do we know that lives in the Faroes?!? It'll be a short page on pubs, I'm guessing!!!! :D

ptegan
07/10/2004, 9:04 AM
Firstly....

The Green Linnet gave me a free pint last night (1 down, 89 to go!!!) :p

Secondly....

People were going around to pubs last night looking for spare tickets for sale.

Thirdly....

I'll see what I can do about the site keeping it's purpose but getting others to add information, esp. those that have already been to the countries we're playing in. It probably wouldn't be as accurate but worth a shot.

And lastly....

The bad weather that was supposed to be here this week never really happened. Yesterdays rain turned into a 5 minute shower and 20°C and todays storms are never happened. Instead it's about 18°C and clear blue skies !

Feck off
07/10/2004, 9:24 AM
Credit where its due. Fair play to you on the site it has been a great help. I think i might actually know how to get around!!! But i am sober now and probably won't be when i'm there... Ah well i know i will enjoy it.. Thanks Again.

Colm55
07/10/2004, 9:31 AM
I'll throw my two pennys worth in here, Good stuff ptegan, quite the legendary website, also noticed that you got a mention on the official fai website aswell, them also in appreciation!!!

http://www.fai.ie/article.asp?hlid=230006&Title=Ireland+Fans+Paris+Information&lid=Main+News&sub=Ireland+Fans+Paris+Information&navlid=&sublid=