PDA

View Full Version : Lets get behind the lads!!

KR's Post
05/10/2004, 12:16 PM
Wednesday is once again a crucial time in bray wanderers season. A win a we're up. So i call on all bray fans on this forum to come over to the shed and really sing your hearts out for the team, the encouragement will really boost the team and its a real buzz when you see the players reacting to the noise. Towards the end of college match and throughout the sligo game the atmosphere was great, plus down in kilkenny a massive 10 people could be really heard.So come on, be loyal, and lets really get the carlisle rocking on wednesday... ;)

Seagull's Nest
05/10/2004, 1:09 PM
Sounds like a plan there Tarazan1.. Yous made some noise down in Kilkenny and we need to lift the atmosphere on Wednesday night.. AS u say a win and we are up.

joeSoap
05/10/2004, 1:35 PM
Sounds like a plan there Tarazan1.. Yous made some noise down in Kilkenny and we need to lift the atmosphere on Wednesday night.. AS u say a win and we are up.

:confused:

2004 eircom League - First Division - 4/10/2004

...............................................P. W. D L F.. A GD Pts
UCD ........................................26 17 7 2 51 18 33 58
Finn Harps ............................. .26 17 6 3 42 19 23 57
Bray Wanderers....................... .26 17 5 4 50 19 31 56
Kildare County......................... 26 15 7 4 41 21 20 52
Galway Utd............................. 26 12 7 7 43 31 12 43
Dundalk ..................................26 11 3 12 33 44 -11 36
Sligo Rovers ............................26 9 4 13 38 41 -3 31
Athlone Town.......................... 26 9 1 16 35 47 -12 25*
Cobh Ramblers......................... 26 4 10 12 36 43 -7 22
Kilkenny City........................... 26 4 9 13 21 36 -15 21
Monaghan Utd........................ .26 6 1 18 21 57 -36 16*
Limerick FC .............................26 3 4 19 12 47 -35 13

* Athlone/Monaghan deducted three points

I'm presuming that its three up and one down with no play-offs ?? I could be wrong, and if so corrected I stand, but how does a one more win put ye up. According to the tables a win gives ye 59 points, seven ahead of Kildare who will have 7 games (21 points) to play for, possible total of 73. Galway too will have seven games and could conceivably reach 64 points.....Explain how 59 points guarantees ye promotion?? :confused:

Roo69
05/10/2004, 1:51 PM
:confused:

2004 eircom League - First Division - 4/10/2004

...............................................P. W. D L F.. A GD Pts
UCD ........................................26 17 7 2 51 18 33 58
Finn Harps ............................. .26 17 6 3 42 19 23 57
Bray Wanderers....................... .26 17 5 4 50 19 31 56
Kildare County......................... 26 15 7 4 41 21 20 52
Galway Utd............................. 26 12 7 7 43 31 12 43
Dundalk ..................................26 11 3 12 33 44 -11 36
Sligo Rovers ............................26 9 4 13 38 41 -3 31
Athlone Town.......................... 26 9 1 16 35 47 -12 25*
Cobh Ramblers......................... 26 4 10 12 36 43 -7 22
Kilkenny City........................... 26 4 9 13 21 36 -15 21
Monaghan Utd........................ .26 6 1 18 21 57 -36 16*
Limerick FC .............................26 3 4 19 12 47 -35 13

* Athlone/Monaghan deducted three points

I'm presuming that its three up and one down with no play-offs ?? I could be wrong, and if so corrected I stand, but how does a one more win put ye up. According to the tables a win gives ye 59 points, seven ahead of Kildare who will have 7 games (21 points) to play for, possible total of 73. Galway too will have seven games and could conceivably reach 64 points.....Explain how 59 points guarantees ye promotion?? :confused:

Your right Joe, it is 3 up and 1 down.

What i think they mean is that it nearly assures Bray of going up, it will leave us 7 points clear of kildare, meaning we would have to lose 3 and they would have to 3 win, most likely not going to happen! seeing that we have matches against Athlone, Dundalk, Monaghan, Galway and Limerick way all to come, which we should take all points form, and at least draws from kildare and harps.

KR's Post
05/10/2004, 3:15 PM
Spot on Roo69. We aren't mathematically assured of promotion but as roo says a win versus our nearest rivals and with a few handy games( i don't like saying that) to come, we surely are not going to slip up!!! As for the support... Pack the shed. jacks doing his best to get the crowds, now we really need to sing for the full 90 minutes. Also i do hope there is a reasonable amount of people going to harps game. anyone on this site going????? Role on wednesday :p

exile
05/10/2004, 7:08 PM
how much is it in to the carlisle these days havnt been down in ages will be there tommrow though :eek: is it 7.30 ko?

Seagull's Nest
06/10/2004, 7:33 AM
Its 10 Euro in at the gate.... As far as i am aware the kick off is 7.45

d_informer
06/10/2004, 9:57 AM
ill be at the harps game tarzan, im not just one of these tag along supporters who only shows when there is somethin to play for, oh no!! ill be there as ever, singin it up!!

KR's Post
06/10/2004, 11:15 AM
Well done informer!!! Hope to see you there... Tonights going to be great... so glad they brought the game forward to as i would have missed it otherwise.. P.S whats the story on your, well, weird request to get tarzan up to your school or a you taking the p*ss!!!! ;)

Roo69
06/10/2004, 11:26 AM
Well done informer!!! Hope to see you there... Tonights going to be great... so glad they brought the game forward to as i would have missed it otherwise.. P.S whats the story on your, well, weird request to get tarzan up to your school or a you taking the p*ss!!!! ;)

Ah Tarzan1 ! I can't beleive you belived him on that request - here fishy fishy ;) Don't believe a word outta that lads mouth. 1st the Goalmouth thing, then wantiong tarzan to play Tarzan and then he says the Slevin group are in major financial trouble ! time waster of the highest order.

KR's Post
06/10/2004, 12:02 PM
hahaha. so funny wasn't he.. to be quite honest i can't believe i fell for it myself... don't care really. just looking forward to what should be a great game tonight. here fishy,fishy!!! How did you know where i worked.... :p

Roo69
06/10/2004, 12:29 PM
hahaha. so funny wasn't he.. to be quite honest i can't believe i fell for it myself... don't care really. just looking forward to what should be a great game tonight. here fishy,fishy!!! How did you know where i worked.... :p

I did'nt ? (but i do now !) was saying that as in..........you were reeled in !

KR's Post
06/10/2004, 12:40 PM
yep i understood what you meant by it.. just messing!!!

footballplease
06/10/2004, 2:39 PM
one question - why havent we heard anything about this game around the town??
There is a huge catchment area for the club and i for one, as a south Dublin Bray fan consistantly hear f**K all about upcoming games, etc.

Marketing??? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

Roo69
06/10/2004, 2:55 PM
one question - why havent we heard anything about this game around the town??
There is a huge catchment area for the club and i for one, as a south Dublin Bray fan consistantly hear f**K all about upcoming games, etc.

Marketing??? Give me a break! :rolleyes:

I hear ya brother !

But it is very diffucult to promote these games with absolutey NO marketing budget what so ever ! We have tried as best as we can to advertise all our games through posters, the net and word of mouth. We also recentley done a deal with Shop-a-Round, the till reciept people who advertise special offers on the back of reciepts you get from the likes of Tesco, Supeerquinn etc..... We also have big signs up at all the roundabouts coming into and going out of Bray advertising our next match.

P.S
Good to have another Wanderers fan on here !

footballplease
06/10/2004, 3:14 PM
Yes, i saw that sign at the roundabout coming into Bray. An idea that was coming for about 6 years. This is an old chestnut, but the club could have built on the success of the 2000/01 season instead of retreating back into it's 'we're a small family club' attitude. Us fans who are not part of the 'clique' find all this very frustrating.
It is the small family club attitude that has held the club back for many years. I understand the lack of finance being an issue but ideas cost nothing!!
A prime example is the club strip - Who the hell was consulted about the change from the traditional stripes??? :mad:
This has only served to p**s people off.

End of rant

exile
06/10/2004, 3:45 PM
there is always advertising on east coast fm heard two today a bit chessy though

joeSoap
27/10/2004, 10:14 AM
A win a we're up.

Getting a wee bit edgy now boys???? :)

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 10:16 AM
Don't even start joe soap... My nerves will be through the roof on friday. but harps do have to play kildare so it could go either way for us. ;)

KR's Post
27/10/2004, 10:20 AM
ill be at the harps game tarzan, im not just one of these tag along supporters who only shows when there is somethin to play for, oh no!! ill be there as ever, singin it up!! Where you there d-informer, i don't know who you are so i cant comment but i knew everyone on the bus and everyone who drove and i don't think they would take the **** about bray as you have.. Don't lie,you just weren't bothered. ;)

Roo69
27/10/2004, 10:25 AM
Getting a wee bit edgy now boys???? :)

Nah, well still go up, just not as champions :-(

Our record against the top 2 is what has undone us this season. Also a SILLY defeats against Limerick and dropped points against Kilkenny ! We should have the title wrapped up by now IMO. We should have beat Harps and UCD at home but sure thats football and that why we love it so much !

joeSoap
27/10/2004, 11:53 AM
Glad ye're going up...the Premier needs more sides from outside Dublin in its premier....Finn Harps are worthy champions in my book and I hope they hang on, at least that way you'll have representation from Dublin, Cork, Waterford, Donegal, Wicklow, Derry, Louth and Longford in the premier...
It will also make division one a far more competitive place next season, because with the three of ye out of it, and a weak side being relegated, it gives a lot of sides a chance of getting promoted. Kildare, Galway, Dundalk, and dare I say it, ourselves with our newfound structure and loadsa money :D :D in place can all be confident being competitive in the division.

Roo69
27/10/2004, 1:29 PM
Glad ye're going up...the Premier needs more sides from outside Dublin in its premier....Finn Harps are worthy champions in my book and I hope they hang on, at least that way you'll have representation from Dublin, Cork, Waterford, Donegal, Wicklow, Derry, Louth and Longford in the premier...
It will also make division one a far more competitive place next season, because with the three of ye out of it, and a weak side being relegated, it gives a lot of sides a chance of getting promoted. Kildare, Galway, Dundalk, and dare I say it, ourselves with our newfound structure and loadsa money :D :D in place can all be confident being competitive in the division.

Jesus ! someone actually calling us a Wicklow team ! wonders will never cease

Seagull's Nest
27/10/2004, 1:38 PM
Bray are the Pride of Wicklow :p

seagulls4ever
30/10/2004, 8:27 AM
Bray are the Pride of Wicklow :p

nah, bray are the scum of wicklow, admit it.

d_informer
30/10/2004, 10:52 AM
Where you there d-informer, i don't know who you are so i cant comment but i knew everyone on the bus and everyone who drove and i don't think they would take the **** about bray as you have.. Don't lie,you just weren't bothered. ;)
actually yeah i was there and i brought my youngest lad we had a blast. hey and of course i was sh1ttin you bout tarzan just havin a bit of a laugh, but hey all the rest was legit and straight from the newspaper,i even quoted the page number so you could see i was not clowninig around.

d_informer
30/10/2004, 10:59 AM
didnt appreciate roo's comments all the same, someone comes along with an obvious concern for the clubs welfare and he jumps straight in to shoot it down. just because you copy and paste all your info from our website, doesnt mean your the first to know everything bout the club. i quoted the paper and the page number and did you even read it??? well either 'yes' but you didnt wanna admit i was legit or 'no' because you didnt care either way. not everyone on this site is out to take the p1ss roo, i was 100% genuine in my concern- deal with it. and hey tarzan if your posts are anything to go by i think i may have seen you there if you were the loud kid minglin' amongst a group of maybe four or five others, singin' louder than any1 else in the whole goddamn place. proud of you if it was you!!

d_informer
30/10/2004, 11:00 AM
yeah have to say though i feel pretty strange bout introducin myself in person just in case you boys think im takin the **** or somethin and wanna jump me. i got shot down on this site more than once and im just not sure yoiu guys take me seriously! oh and by the way yeah i was jokin bout tarzan, but i am actually a teacher and the comments bout " god help my students" were uncalled for. but hey tarzan1 you seem all right and i just hope you dont let guys like roo change your mind bout genuine fans like me! :(

(sorry for repeated posts, but it wouldn't let me post anything too long!)

joeSoap
05/11/2004, 9:30 AM
Wednesday is once again a crucial time in bray wanderers season. A win a we're up.
Hate to bring it up but this was posted one month ago, on October 5th.....ye must be nervous now....

KR's Post
05/11/2004, 12:53 PM
Nervous,S*itting it,Worried. What ever the word is!!!! :)

KR's Post
05/11/2004, 12:55 PM
and hey tarzan if your posts are anything to go by i think i may have seen you there if you were the loud kid minglin' amongst a group of maybe four or five others, singin' louder than any1 else in the whole goddamn place. proud of you if it was you!!
Loud yes!!! Kid no. Mingling,well yes.. Drummer yes. Result atrocious. Trip ok. D'informer-sound :p :p :p

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 10:52 AM

what are you, a fish monger or something? i'd be amazed if you had a trade, your grammar suggests you just about passed your junior cert.

d_informer
06/11/2004, 10:56 AM
well its obviously the aquarium if they are talking bout bray you knob jockey! they didnt half make it obvious! what else is there in bray thats related to fish??? :rolleyes: apart from the smell :D

seagulls4ever
06/11/2004, 11:41 AM
jesus yeah, i forgot about that dump.
was there at the start of the summer, got followed around by some skinhead loud guy. he even had the cheek to check my ticket, practically accused me of sneaking in. was that tarzan1?????? little sh1t, i could've killed him. embaressed me in front of my lady