PDA

View Full Version : Conor Meade transfer from Cobh Ramblers to Waterford

nr637
04/07/2013, 8:57 AM
Rumour has it Conor Meade is on a contract of around €250+
a week after signing for Waterford until the end of the season.

How can a club like Waterford who are averaging 3-400 home gates able to afford this considering they are suppose to be trying to negotiate paying off Henderson & Co. the €50,000 compensation.

I heard it could be a local sponsor covering the deal!

Are the Licensing Committee monitoring this situation or does it all have to be approved by the FAI?

What do you think?

Mr A
04/07/2013, 9:06 AM
I'm sure it's grand. At this stage LOI boards have surely earned the benefit of the doubt.

sheao
04/07/2013, 10:47 AM
Meade said he was insulted at City's offer of a trial .

gormacha
04/07/2013, 11:21 AM
I heard it could be a local sponsor covering the deal!

Would that concern you if it were true?

mightaswell
04/07/2013, 11:37 AM
No money to pay the manager taking them to court.......yet money for a new striker. Yep thats legit

Ezeikial
04/07/2013, 11:44 AM
Would that concern you if it were true?

This is a device that many clubs have used previously to partially distance themselves from a particular deal.

I have no idea about the Conor Meade signing, but I bet Stephen Henderson would be delighted to be getting the €250 a week mentioned as part payment

Señor Willy
04/07/2013, 11:45 AM
Cork City are struggling to pay for their own transfers never mind concerning themselves with people who don't want to join.

mightaswell
04/07/2013, 11:52 AM
One good thing from Salthill and Mervue at least they dont spend beyond there means

dong
04/07/2013, 11:56 AM
Cork City are struggling to pay for their own transfers never mind concerning themselves with people who don't want to join.

That is not the point.

mightaswell
04/07/2013, 11:59 AM
Or they could get a local sponsor

gormacha
04/07/2013, 12:17 PM
Well, either Waterford United have sorted out their situation with Stephen Henderson, or they haven't. Without us knowing whether that is the case is not, trying to extract meaning from whatever they do is pointless.

We'll find out soon enough.

Quayman
04/07/2013, 12:47 PM
If its confirmed then the FAI have obviously approved it so move on. Last year Dundalk had to get approval from the FAI to take on three players on amateur terms after the club nearly went under.

Sam_Heggy
04/07/2013, 3:29 PM
If its confirmed then the FAI have obviously approved it so move on. Last year Dundalk had to get approval from the FAI to take on three players on amateur terms after the club nearly went under.

The same FAI who are 3 weeks late in making the FAI Cup draw???

Yeah, they're bothered alright.

Bosco
04/07/2013, 4:56 PM
Whether the FAI approved it or not, if the petition does go ahead the Court will look at it unfavorably that they were spending money on players over paying their creditors with full knowledge that the petition was coming up..

mightaswell
04/07/2013, 5:47 PM
Whether the FAI approved it or not, if the petition does go ahead the Court will look at it unfavorably that they were spending money on players over paying their creditors with full knowledge that the petition was coming up..
It should be looked at unfavourably its daft prpcess.....it should be prioritised what to spend any income on.

disgruntled
05/07/2013, 9:47 AM
At least Cork City don't own people money.
We may not have much money at City but at least our bills are paid & our players are well taken care off.
I wish the lad well but it shows the level of his ambition I suppose.

JC_GUFC
05/07/2013, 10:59 AM
This is a device that many clubs have used previously to partially distance themselves from a particular deal.

I have no idea about the Conor Meade signing, but I bet Stephen Henderson would be delighted to be getting the €250 a week mentioned as part payment

Apparently Drogheda played Malmo in Tallaght last night. Discuss.

mightaswell
05/07/2013, 1:24 PM
Why do the FAI not put an embargo on clubs with debts (Like SPL did with Hearts) I will never understand

trevy
05/07/2013, 3:46 PM
Waterford United also released 4 players in last month or so so I presume the savings from this offset signing a couple of extra players.

mightaswell
05/07/2013, 3:56 PM
Waterford United also released 4 players in last month or so so I presume the savings from this offset signing a couple of extra players.
Would those savings not be better put towards paying Henderson rather than signing more players??

Bosco
05/07/2013, 3:59 PM

That's not the point, the point is they are releasing players to save money and then just getting new players in rather then try and concentrate on paying their creditors.

De Town
05/07/2013, 4:15 PM
Looking at the players that have left Waterford and those that have come in, I'd safely say the wage bill is higher now than it was a month ago.

patrickccfc
05/07/2013, 4:17 PM
Apparently Drogheda played Malmo in Tallaght last night. Discuss.
Apparently there is a thread for european discussion. Go there.

Partizan
06/07/2013, 11:00 AM
Looking at the players that have left Waterford and those that have come in, I'd safely say the wage bill is higher now than it was a month ago.

How did you come to that conclusion Einstein?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/10619/waterford-united-confirm-three-departures/

If anything, i'd say we have evened things up.

mightaswell
06/07/2013, 11:28 AM
How did you come to that conclusion Einstein?

http://www.extratime.ie/newsdesk/articles/10619/waterford-united-confirm-three-departures/

If anything, i'd say we have evened things up.
including paying Henderson??

Charlie Darwin
11/07/2013, 7:32 PM
Why do the FAI not put an embargo on clubs with debts (Like SPL did with Hearts) I will never understand
Hearts weren't served with the embargo for being in debt, they were served for not paying player wages. The LOI has the same procedure in place but a player would have to make a complaint for non-payment in order for it to come into action. I don't think this is yet the case in Waterford.

gormacha
12/07/2013, 10:07 AM
It would, I imagine, be very difficult to stop limited companies trading because they have debts. Pretty much all companies carry debt, so the line would be arbitrary where you would stop their right to trade.

Only a court could take on that kind of a decision. And that might yet happen.

mightaswell
12/07/2013, 10:20 AM
Reading the Mirror there....Henderson has still not recieved any of the money owed....yet they still continue to sign players this window......makes sense

Eminence Grise
12/07/2013, 2:01 PM
Looks like the usual foolproof LoI business plan to me. Sign better players. Win promotion (2013). Sign better players. Win the league (2014). Sign better players. Get into the Champions League group stages (2015). Ker-ching!!! What could possibly go wrong?

Ezeikial
12/07/2013, 3:00 PM
Looks like the usual foolproof LoI business plan to me. Sign better players. Win promotion (2013). Sign better players. Win the league (2014). Sign better players. Get into the Champions League group stages (2015). Ker-ching!!! What could possibly go wrong?

That just leads in rubbish in an used terrace

Bosco
12/07/2013, 3:56 PM
Reading the Mirror there....Henderson has still not recieved any of the money owed....yet they still continue to sign players this window......makes sense

Do you have a link to the article?I'd imagine if he hasn't received money yet they have at least made some kind of agreement for him to receive the proceeds of the upcoming friendlies,if not I'd be very worried if I was a Waterford fan. When is it due in Court?Next week?

culloty82
12/07/2013, 5:56 PM
Monday - so if Waterford don't have the cash tonight, the winding-up order will take effect then (15th).

blue til i die
12/07/2013, 11:38 PM
AFAIK the FAI originally refused to register the new players due to same financial fears.

Yup, monday is D-Day.

Longfordian
12/07/2013, 11:59 PM
Monday - so if Waterford don't have the cash tonight, the winding-up order will take effect then (15th).

Not necessarily, the judge could well adjourn for a few weeks if he/she felt they were making a genuine effort to get it together. They'd probably need a payment of some sort as a show of good faith. Cork for example had a few dates before the company was actually wound up.

gormacha
13/07/2013, 10:06 AM

There is no winding up order. There is a winding up petition. Whether the petition will be upheld depends on the arrangements undertaken between the parties.