PDA

View Full Version : Keane, Robbie - withdrawn role in Paris?

ken foree
04/10/2004, 5:41 PM
what do you think of him playing 'just in behind,' ahem? i'm not a fan of players out of position (duff should remain wide imho). but it might be something for kerr to think about seeing as keane's been doing it for a coupla games for spurs? he was on the wing against united fair enough but v. chelsea he was dropping off and trying to stifle and link. his tempo in that game was pretty good i thought, didn't fanny about with it too much and delivered quick ball. was impressed with his discipline and harrying in sections of that match, he seems maturererer for it. any thoughts? :confused:

Slash/ED
04/10/2004, 5:50 PM
It's not a bad shout. It wouldn't really be too out of position for him, as his natural instinct is always to drop deep anyway and he's been playing there for Spurs as you said. Morrison is decent at holding the ball up so it could help give support to the mid field.

ken foree
04/10/2004, 6:02 PM
yea i suppose it's not exactly goin out on a tree limb! but as always, it's paramount to not concede in the first 20 mins., let him harry away in that band of the pitch. he's nippy over a couple of yards so it could not only ease the midfield pressure but hopefully create a half-chance or opening. i can see problems with defending too far up the pitch though, henry v. o'brien or kenny isn't exactly ideal