PDA

View Full Version : stacktabulous

dynamo kerry
04/10/2004, 5:07 AM
graham stack V Nottm forest, 5th clean sheet of the season for millwall.

plaudits all round. Give that man a debut in the upcoming friendly

eirebhoy
04/10/2004, 10:11 AM
Denis Wise:
"Graham Stack has been fantastic for us this year"
“Without him, we would have lost the game against Forest. He made some terrific saves and he’s an excellent ‘keeper. I’m very grateful…we are all very grateful to him and Arsenal.

Just doing a bit of googling. You probably heard this before. When Stack was on loan at Belgian club Beveren, an Antwerp supporter broke through the gate and ran at him, Stack knocked him out. :D

Here's a few quotes from Beveren fans:
"...against Brugge and Anderlecht [the 7 goal losses], the defence was bad. If not for 'Stacky' it would have been 10-0!! He's a good keeper and I hope Arsenal does not need him.... so we can have him for a longer time."

In the last match Stacky was the best player on the pitch. We hope Stacky can stay here for a long time. If you get him back, make him number one!! HE'S GOOD."

Ivory Coast striker Kaiper (who scored the injury time winner) said "We won thanks to God and Stacky".

Hopefully Wenger gives him the chance.

Peadar
04/10/2004, 10:35 AM
When Stack was on loan at Belgian club Beveren, an Antwerp supporter broke through the gate and ran at him, Stack knocked him out. :D

He became a cult hero but people around Arsenal said that Wenger was unimpressed and that Stack had to cop himself on or else he was out the door. I think I remember Stack saying that he actually thought at the time that he'd blown it with Arsenal.