PDA

View Full Version : Limerick Premier Division 2013/14

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

maroonandwhite
13/06/2013, 7:54 AM
Summerville are back..

thomas72
13/06/2013, 11:55 AM
Fair play to ye how many players do you reckon ye will need to stay up??

maroonandwhite
13/06/2013, 12:16 PM
Fair play to ye how many players do you reckon ye will need to stay up??

not to sure..time will tell..we were missin a lot of 1st team players for different times of the season last year so if they are all fit and injury free then only a few maybe needed but thats up to the manager...

fifty50
13/06/2013, 12:48 PM
*Division

js79
13/06/2013, 3:23 PM
not to sure..time will tell..we were missin a lot of 1st team players for different times of the season last year so if they are all fit and injury free then only a few maybe needed but thats up to the manager...

Who got the managers job this year???

TheBoss
13/06/2013, 9:10 PM
*Division

*FIXED

Is it not too early for a next seasons thread, its 2 months from now !

maroonandwhite
14/06/2013, 8:30 AM
*FIXED

Is it not too early for a next seasons thread, its 2 months from now !

It maybe 2 months from kick off but pre-season will start in the next 2-3 weeks so why not get it up and running..

Summerville are delighted to annouce the appointment of ex Rotherham Utd Star Paul Dillon as there manager for the new season.Paul has a great knowledge of the game and we hope he can make summerville a strong/STABLE team in premier in the coming years...Great buzz and excitment around the club with his appointment.Well done to all the lads involved in getting Paul into the club..Really looking forward to seeing what he can do and great to see him back in the game after a few years absent.

kalyani
14/06/2013, 7:02 PM
know this is a limerick soccer thread but heard today at work that Jason Purcell & Stewart Fitzgerald both ex Fairview managers are new managers of St Michaels in Tipp.

biglad101
14/06/2013, 7:20 PM
Ive heard that myself and im from tipp great appointment if its true. Will they have any pull in attracting players down from limerick.

js79
15/06/2013, 12:28 AM
Ive heard that myself and im from tipp great appointment if its true. Will they have
pull in attracting players down from limerick.

That is Def true about Jason and Stewie,great appointment by Michaels, as for players going down depends if they want to travel personally I can see a couple heading yere way,I hope they do well.

biglad101
15/06/2013, 1:13 AM
Could be good for our league michaels hadn a great year compared to previous years so bit of new energy and ideas should make them more competitive.

js79
15/06/2013, 10:48 AM
Could be good for our league michaels hadn a
great year compared to previous years so bit of new energy and ideas should make them more competitive.

Ye got two good lads in Jason and Stewie heading yere way this season can only be good for ye,I think Jason won the fai in his first year as manager with the view.

pearse4t3
15/06/2013, 2:48 PM
Pike are a proper Football Club, there will be no fear of them.

booster 03
16/06/2013, 9:32 AM
Ye got two good lads in Jason and Stewie heading yere way this season can only be good for ye,I think Jason won the fai in his first year as manager with the view.

Fairview won a Munster junior in 09 and fai in 2010 under stewie Jason and jimmy Sheehan in the 2 yrs in charge. It was unappreciated by the club at the time, they won the junior and minor double in 2010 and wasn't even celebrated.

Zizou
16/06/2013, 9:47 PM
Pike Rvs
Fairview Rgs
Carew Park
Janesboro
Ballynanty Rvs
Summerville Rvs
Regional Utd
Corbally Utd
Aishling A
Granville Rgs
Geraldines
Wembley Rvs

booster 03
16/06/2013, 10:29 PM
Pike Rvs
Fairview Rgs
Carew Park
Janesboro
Ballynanty Rvs
Summerville Rvs
Regional Utd
Corbally Utd
Aishling A
Granville Rgs
Geraldines
Wembley Rvs

Ur being optimistic haha

Zizou
16/06/2013, 10:33 PM
Ur being optimistic haha
That was just a list of who is in the division!
Far too early for predictions..

maroonandwhite
18/06/2013, 11:29 AM
Fairview won a Munster junior in 09 and fai in 2010 under stewie Jason and jimmy Sheehan in the 2 yrs in charge. It was unappreciated by the club at the time, they won the junior and minor double in 2010 and wasn't even celebrated.

Big money paid for these 2 boys to travel there i'd say....

Treaty Gooner
20/06/2013, 1:43 PM
Whatever about the players, what about the managers for the new year? Pike and Annacotty both vacant, anyone else?

passandmove
20/06/2013, 2:33 PM
Wembley

faceoff
20/06/2013, 5:05 PM
Whatever about the players, what about the managers for the new year? Pike and Annacotty both vacant, anyone else?

Annacottys position is filled i believe.

corballycow45
20/06/2013, 10:39 PM
Jason O Conner?

maroonandwhite
21/06/2013, 8:32 AM

Summerville were but we were quick to move and have Paul Dillon at the helm now..

maroonandwhite
21/06/2013, 4:44 PM
Yeah i heard about wembly as well...The 2 lads did a great job and stuck at it for a number of years..I played under them and they are 2 sound lads...Best of luck to them but wembly will find it hard to replace them ..

corballycow45
21/06/2013, 5:17 PM
Are Dom and Jimmy remaining at the club in some capacity or are they taken a break from football?

faceoff
21/06/2013, 8:45 PM
Annacottys position is filled i believe.

Heard a rumour of a big name going in to Pike.Wont mention name but i presume everyone else heard this also.Big appointment if true and will surely bring additions to their squad.Whether he would have the pulling power of previous manager is debatable.

js79
21/06/2013, 9:29 PM
Heard a
rumour of a big name going in to Pike.Wont mention name but i presume everyone else heard this also.Big appointment if true and will surely bring additions to their squad.Whether he would have the pulling power of previous manager is debatable.

Give us a name faceoff,don't be flirting with us.!!

Sea Bird
21/06/2013, 9:32 PM
no fun unless you mention the name or give us a clue???

Second
21/06/2013, 10:09 PM
Since when was roddy Collins a big name

Hollywood Hogan
21/06/2013, 10:36 PM
Toughest season in last few to predict with the changes up in Pike. Colbert and Mullins meant to be training with limerick. Carew will need to strengthen as their limitations were exposed towards end of the season but would be favourites for the title. Janesboro were the form team the last few months but can't lose Shane Clarke and need to sign 2/3 more players to push on for the big trophies. Balla on their day a match for anyone as they showed in Munster junior against pike. Time for those good minor players to come to the fore. The dines will do well to improve on this seasons form but they have a decent side assembled. Fairview also capable on their day but still very young. Annacotty and wembley surely will improve on last seasons form. Granville might have enough to stay up aswell as cause a few surprises along the way. Summerville will go straight back down.

leather
21/06/2013, 11:37 PM
Mike kerley

Sea Bird
22/06/2013, 1:13 AM
Kerley will not do a junior job and from what I am hearing the bookies favourite o Donnell hasn't the balls to take on a big job so it leaves for me aidan ryan?? Dermot finnan?? or pa Mullaly??

maroonandwhite
22/06/2013, 6:58 AM
Toughest season in last few to predict with the changes up in Pike. Colbert and Mullins meant to be training with limerick. Carew will need to strengthen as their limitations were exposed towards end of the season but would be favourites for the title. Janesboro were the form team the last few months but can't lose Shane Clarke and need to sign 2/3 more players to push on for the big trophies. Balla on their day a match for anyone as they showed in Munster junior against pike. Time for those good minor players to come to the fore. The dines will do well to improve on this seasons form but they have a decent side assembled. Fairview also capable on their day but still very young. Annacotty and wembley surely will improve on last seasons form. Granville might have enough to stay up aswell as cause a few surprises along the way. Summerville will go straight back down.

No confidence in Summerville i see....Any reasons for that besides us going up and down the last few years? We are after putting some hard work into our club the last couple of years and hopefully now with the appointment of Paul Dillon we could match what Geraldines did last year!!!

passandmove
22/06/2013, 8:22 AM
Dom finished up last Xmas jimmy stepped in after that but won't go again next year I'd say

Treaty Gooner
22/06/2013, 8:41 AM
Totally disagree with the O'Donnell comment, does it take balls to take on a job with 18 top players or does it take balls to take on a 1A side and turn them into a top 4 premier side? (edit: and stay loyal to them?) Can't really see Pike going outside Limerick for a manager but Roddy would be hilarious...

js79
22/06/2013, 1:01 PM
Mike
kerley

He would be looking for to much money I think,could be someone from within the club..

Bambino
26/06/2013, 8:38 AM
is there any other managerial changes in the league this year? will many of the better premier players move on to Limerick? the two Shane's from the Boro would surely be worth taking a good look at!!be very good for the league if a few players were signed by Limerick.

booster 03
26/06/2013, 11:16 AM
Any news on any players signing for who?? Surely a few phone calls being made all summer

mastermind1
30/06/2013, 8:49 AM
Mick shiels (no 2 to pat scully in his time over limerick) is the new pike rovers manager. Great appointment for the club

mrman
30/06/2013, 11:28 AM
is MIke Shiel based in Limerick or Dublin

Fairkop
30/06/2013, 11:42 AM
scullys no 2?thought a fella called dempsey was scullys assistants.who did mick shiels manage before pike,is he a limerick lad.

fifty50
30/06/2013, 12:40 PM
He's based in Ennis and was first team coach at limerick during scullys tenure

thomas72
30/06/2013, 1:34 PM
If anyone went to limerick matches i think its the guy that comes out of the dugout with a clip board when limerick was defending corners and free kicks i think its him could be wrong.

fifty50
30/06/2013, 4:32 PM
Ya that's him, loves roaring and bawling at players, interesting appointment

dirtfree
30/06/2013, 5:46 PM
Very experienced coach not so sure about being a manager and talking to players . But really nice guy

DerekMcKenna
01/07/2013, 12:46 PM
Lads, would any of you be interested in doing, or know of anyone who would be willing to do match reports / and or / live updates to our Facebook / Twitter from games in the Limerick Premier for www.thejuniorsoccerportal.info
We want to include as much content from the Limerick Premier as possible but need a few people who are interested in the league involved as we are based in Dublin.
If you or anyone you know would be interested, please contact us at thejuniorsoccerportal@gmail.com or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Junior-Soccer-Portalinfo/432141893547854 or on Twitter @THEJSP_INFO

Jofspring
03/07/2013, 9:17 PM
Barr being Scullys no.2 I don't think Sheils has any experience in coaching but I could be wrong. Going to be interesting how he gets on as a manager. I'd be skeptical myself.

His most famous moment was a few years ago when there was a corner in Jackman to the opposition, Sheils jumped up from the bench and started roaring at the Limerick players to get off the post. The two players left the post, the corner was taken and the ball headed straight into the bottom corner of the net where the players just moved from. Sheils proceeded to hide in the dugout for the rest of the game. Dempsey was brought in half way through last season and Sheils seemed to have less of a role then.

Zizou
04/07/2013, 9:08 AM
Barr being Scullys no.2 I don't think Sheils has any experience in coaching but I could be wrong. Going to be interesting how he gets on as a manager. I'd be skeptical myself.

His most famous moment was a few years ago when there was a corner in Jackman to the opposition, Sheils jumped up from the bench and started roaring at the Limerick players to get off the post. The two players left the post, the corner was taken and the ball headed straight into the bottom corner of the net where the players just moved from. Sheils proceeded to hide in the dugout for the rest of the game. Dempsey was brought in half way through last season and Sheils seemed to have less of a role then.
Well why didn't you say so sooner. We'll have to get rid straight away. What were the commitee thinking??

*WARNING, the above post may have contained sarcasm*

Jofspring
04/07/2013, 11:31 AM
Well why didn't you say so sooner. We'll have to get rid straight away. What were the commitee thinking??

*WARNING, the above post may have contained sarcasm*

No worries. Sort it quick I say.

AlanOB
04/07/2013, 11:34 AM
Ye're already getting defensive about the new man before a ball has even been kicked!?

Wow.

The Messiah is dead, long live The Messiah.

I remember you telling that story at the time in a post-match thread Jofspring. Was at that game (can't remember who the opposition were) but on the stand side. Hilarious.