PDA

View Full Version : CT out for the rest of the season

Fair_play_boy
03/10/2004, 6:24 PM
Colin O'Brien is out for the rest of the season according to the club web site. Our most consistent outfield player, IMO. And apart from his playing ability, he has the heart to lift the midfield.
Luckily there is good cover, with Greg O'Halloran, the recent arrival Oz Lopes, and let's not forget that we have a former U-19 Nigerian international around the place too!

eoinh
03/10/2004, 6:52 PM
Thats a real pity. Apparently though theres a small chance he will be back in the last few weeks. Hes a big, big loss. Hopefully two wins on the trot have given the boys a lot of confidence and they can manage without him.

Stadler
03/10/2004, 6:59 PM
Thats a real pity. Apparently though theres a small chance he will be back in the last few weeks. Hes a big, big loss. Hopefully two wins on the trot have given the boys a lot of confidence and they can manage without him.

only time will tell how big a loss he really is but i imagine we will miss him more than most think. no matter who the manager, traditionally he always seemed to be one of the fall guys and recently he has even been moved around the team, seemingly to accomodate other players. for me he was the obvisous choice as captain last season, longest serving player, well respected by everyone etc. but that jobbed passed him by as well.

NorthoftheLee
04/10/2004, 8:59 AM
Thats a huge blow for the team and to Colin himself...would liek to wish him the speediest of recoveries......

Dricky
04/10/2004, 9:25 AM
That is a awful pity, COlin O'Brien is a great example of everything that is good about Cork football. Get well soon and come back soon Colin.

Eric
04/10/2004, 12:54 PM
Colin O'Brien is out for the rest of the season according to the club web site. Our most consistent outfield player, IMO. And apart from his playing ability, he has the heart to lift the midfield.
Luckily there is good cover, with Greg O'Halloran, the recent arrival Oz Lopes, and let's not forget that we have a former U-19 Nigerian international around the place too!

Georgie might actually get to start now!!!

Massive blow having Colin out for the rest of the season, he really has been the unsung hero of the season. Doyler has been doing the business up front but Colin has done his job quietly and very effectively.

Get well soon Colin

Fair_play_boy
04/10/2004, 3:51 PM
Georgie might actually get to start now!!! Get well soon ColinConsidering that Georgie came on when Colin went off last Friday, I was kinda taking it for granted that he is in the first eleven again. Maybe I shouldn't!!! But I think Dolan has made his point, and I can't see Nwankwo or Lopes or Greg dislodging him, but any of them could come on to replace a player who loses form if that happens.