PDA

View Full Version : Longford Town v Celtic 18th July

Bosco
11/06/2013, 9:35 AM
I see it's been confirmed officially today we're playing them the Thursday before we play Cobh away. Can't say I'd give too much of a ****e about it but should be a good money spinner for the club. The attraction for barstoolers to come out and wave a tricolour supporting a Scottish team's reserves v and Irish teams reserves can't be underestimated...

Longfordian
11/06/2013, 9:41 AM
Yeah I'd imagine there'll be a decent crowd out there. Been a while since a Celtic team were in town. All about the €€. Hopefully it's a decent evening weather wise.

Bosco
11/06/2013, 9:48 AM
I'd imagine it would pull a big crowd!Hopefully the weather is nice,we were desperately unlucky with the weather for the United game last year, we would have got at least a couple more hundred if it wasn't raining so heavily. I wonder would it be worth our while selling tickets for the game at one of our home games, like what Waterford did with their friendly with United..

outspoken
11/06/2013, 10:41 AM
I'd imagine it would pull a big crowd!Hopefully the weather is nice,we were desperately unlucky with the weather for the United game last year, we would have got at least a couple more hundred if it wasn't raining so heavily. I wonder would it be worth our while selling tickets for the game at one of our home games, like what Waterford did with their friendly with United..

That's not a bad idea, did you see the ques for tickets at the waterford game it was crazy. Sure if it didnt work out we could always sell them in the shopping centre after that. No harm in getting an extra 10 euro off the barstoolers.

Bosco
11/06/2013, 10:49 AM
Yeah although apparently the majority down in Waterford payed in to buy the tickets and then left straight away which I think is outrageous!We could try it for our next home game and then if it didnt work out sell them somewhere else afterwards..

De Town
11/06/2013, 10:55 AM
I'd fully support selling tickets for the game at one of our home games alright. Milk as much money out of people as possible.

outspoken
11/06/2013, 4:09 PM
Yeah although apparently the majority down in Waterford payed in to buy the tickets and then left straight away which I think is outrageous!We could try it for our next home game and then if it didnt work out sell them somewhere else afterwards..

Yea they did but sure who cares once they pay us twice haha

fitzpatrick10
11/06/2013, 6:02 PM
they should order in some town merchandise to have on sale at this , alright i know most will be just out to see celtic but still a bit a gear in the shop wouldnt go astray, and i dont mean xxl and xxxl sizes!!! its one thing that i really find annoying out there...

Cabs88
11/06/2013, 6:09 PM
In my opinion the club should get in touch with Kane's travel bar in town who host the local Celtic supporters club.. They hosted a function this year and was very well attended by people in the area there would be no harm if the club were to go to them in an official capacity and see if something can be arranged to boost numbers..

Martinho II
11/06/2013, 8:33 PM
good call for a fixture like this. The last time we met was at the start of the 86-87 season and I have the match programme for this game which I will get scanned for that match programme next month!

Bosco
11/06/2013, 10:12 PM
Apparently Kanes are already involved and have been talking to the club. A woman at work has been telling me the last few days how they've been onto the club to try and organise an allocation for themselves out in CSS and they've a function with live music planned in kanes on the day of the match..

RonnieB
12/06/2013, 9:22 PM
Be great for so many people to get out and see their team in the flesh..