PDA

View Full Version : El Classico part II

Cabs88
09/06/2013, 2:20 PM
Can't wait for this one.. Be great to go into the break 9 points clear having beat our near neighbours.. Those who are thinking about going I would strongly urge you to attend, should be a great occasion. We at section O are running a bus, if interested get in touch here, on Facebook or twitter, and bring a friend!

nigel-harps1954
09/06/2013, 3:48 PM
You'll beat them handy enough I'd say. Harps made them look good last night with a bad performance. They have improved massively since the first round of games though. Young Sully will bang in another goal or two against a poor Athlone defence.

fitzpatrick10
09/06/2013, 8:21 PM
and so it begins...

https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/roddy-collins-post-finn-harps?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter

outspoken
10/06/2013, 10:24 AM
Athlone have 1 thing Longford dont and thats spirit haha what a joker!

Bosco
10/06/2013, 10:38 AM
Just to reiterate what Cabs said there lads,for any of ye thinking of going we'd appreciate if ye came on the bus!Even for those thinking of driving, the bus should be costing less then a tenner so it will prob work out cheaper and it should be a bit of craic!We've a 37 seater or a 49 seater on hold and we've roughly 20 names so far so the more the merrier!

L.T.F.C.
10/06/2013, 4:13 PM
Exactly. I can't go obviously, but it would mean more can go.

Bosco
14/06/2013, 8:02 AM
I'm excited so I am..

Longfordian
14/06/2013, 8:20 AM
Should be decent, can't make it myself as I'm away but hopefully Davy does the business once again.

RonnieB
14/06/2013, 9:00 AM
A win would set us up very nicely going into this break.. Athlone will be feeling confident following their comeback agaisnt Finn Harps. A nervy 2-1 to us.

Bosco
14/06/2013, 9:35 AM
It'll be a very tough game, Roddy will have them really up for it but we'll be up for it as well! A 1-1 draw is my prediciton although a win would be great!As long as we don't lose, it's all about going into the break with as big a lead as possible!

I'm expecting our biggest away crowd in years, 36 on the Section O bus at the moment with a good few more driving...

outspoken
14/06/2013, 11:14 AM
Roddy stirring Sh1t again this morning by claiming we are a bunch of impostors who dont deserve to be top of the league - Des Hope just tweeted saying TC's team talk will be easy tonight #thanksroddy - I think our lads will respond by humilating Irish footballs biggest spoofer! 3-0 TOWN!

Bosco
14/06/2013, 11:31 AM
It's nearly sad watching Roddy try and play mindgames these days, everyone in theleague just laughs at everything he says!

Tony's response is absolutely brilliant, saying we were lucky to have hurricanes blowing at all our games setting up Sullys goals!

His comment about spending big on the two new lads is gas as well..

RonnieB
14/06/2013, 9:44 PM
Ho hum!

outspoken
15/06/2013, 9:51 AM
Well that was sh1t. Don't want to go over board after losing 1 game but I hear TC saying this morning Athlone were simple hungrier and more up for it than us? I know the lads are tired but no Longford Town team should have less desire than Athlone to win the derby game thats just not good enough and youd have to ask why that is?

I said before the game athlone would be a huge threat after the break with the 3 big signings coming in but i said that expecting us to get a result meaning athlone would be simply eyeing up a play-off place but now they have their sights firmly on top spot and unless we make 3 signings or so in the window to freshen things up then I can see another post break collapse.

Looks like poor old salmo may have done his cruciate so straight away thats a big loss which will need a big replacement because you simply can't expect a 19 year old to step into such an important position. Up front we need someone like an Enda Curran to call on when Sully doesnt fire and at the back 1 more new face wouldnt go astray.

We simply have to beat Salthill next time and hope that other teams continue to take points off each other because after that we have the tough tasks of the likes of Waterford, Harps and a trip to Cobh....Enjoy the break lads.

Acornvilla
15/06/2013, 11:59 AM
We lost a game, tough titties, 6 points clear at the halfway stage is more than any of us would have asked for. Its the 1st division, teams aren't good enough to win/draw games they should consistently, so points will be dropped by everyone unexpectedly. If the players were good enough to avoid that, well, they wouldn't be in the 1st division. I have no faith in Tony's tactical ability but ser it will still be enough to see us over the line I would expect. The squad and forwards are fine, it's more so how they're utilized is the problem.. If Sammons fecked then he's the only player we need to get cover for in my opinion considering that we will have a full squad again now after the break, as long as nothing silly happens.