PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for SAT & WED games?

sligoman
03/10/2004, 2:47 PM
France 1-2 Ireland & Ireland 6-0 Faroe Islands :D .Agree/Disagree?

eirebhoy
03/10/2004, 5:03 PM
Kerr says he thinks Faroe's 6-0 defeat last month was a one off and it most likely won't happen again. 3 or 4 nil would probably be closer.

wallis
03/10/2004, 5:51 PM
France 0-1 Ireland

Ireland 2-0 Faroes

I will take any sort of win against the Faroes in the second game. I think people are underestimating them. We only have 3 days recovery after what will be an extremely tough game.

Give me the 6 points and any scores to go with it !

IsMiseSean
03/10/2004, 11:12 PM
0-0 against the French and 3-0 against the Faroes

dynamo kerry
04/10/2004, 1:06 AM
0-0 against the French and 3-0 against the Faroes

1-1 with france and 3-0 against pharoes

Donal81
04/10/2004, 11:50 AM
1-1 with france and 3-0 against pharoes

1-1 against the French and 4-0 against the Faroes. A win in Paris might be asking too much so I won't build my hopes up. The Faroes are plankton, roll them over and send them home. They're a bunch of fishermen, for God's sake, on the same level as Andorra.

drinkfeckarse
04/10/2004, 12:21 PM
1-1 in Paris and 4-0 against the fishermen. A win would be amazing in Paris but I can't see it happening so I'd happily settle for 4 points.

koneinc
04/10/2004, 12:35 PM
A tight draw in Paris and a 2-0 win in Dublin!

harps1954
04/10/2004, 3:06 PM
1-1 in Paris to be followed up by 5 against the Faroes

boc123
04/10/2004, 3:17 PM
1-1 in France. 3-0 against the Faroes

ger121
04/10/2004, 3:26 PM
I can't believe 5/6 people have posted here and not one thinks France will win. I hope that's it's just you're all being optimistic. If we play anything like we did against the swiss we'll get battered. I'm going for Ireland 0-1 France and a 3-0 win over the Faroes. If I'm wrong about the French score then thats one humble pie I won't mind eating :p

thejollyrodger
04/10/2004, 3:38 PM
France to beat Ireland and
Ireland to beat the Faroes

eirebhoy
04/10/2004, 3:53 PM
They're a bunch of fishermen for God's sake
ROFL :D I was so close to spitting coffee over the monitor there. :D

tricky_colour
04/10/2004, 6:37 PM
Just seen some prices:-
France 4/9, draw 3/1, Ireland 7/1.

Correct scores Ireland to win 1-0 12/1; 2-0 40/1; 3-1 100/1; 2-1 7/1.
France to win 1-0 5/1; 2-0 11/2; 3-0 15/2.
Draw 1-1 7/1; 2-2 18/1.

So thats how bookmaker see it.

concanta
04/10/2004, 10:33 PM
If we play

Given

Carr
Cunningham
O'Brien
O'Shea

Finnan
Keane
Holland
Duff

Keane
Morrison

we win .....simple as that without the that central midfield partnership we won't simple as that

i am goin to this game and I feel something quite extraordinary will happen

As a few people said here I can see at least 3 or 4 goals

concanta
04/10/2004, 10:35 PM
7/1 in a 2 horse race is also silly

Especially in such a tight encounter

1MickCollins
04/10/2004, 10:51 PM
I think we could get a draw against the French but it will take an improved performance on our last 2 games, with some key players with improved fitness I hope we can do that. A draw would be an excellent result, an away win against France would clearly be our best ever away result - we all know our away record is decent but we rarely/never actually beat good teams away so lets stay real here. This is the type of game that Roy Keane came back for so lets hope he lets it rip.

We should be able to knock 4 past those islanders with the funny caps.

tricky_colour
05/10/2004, 1:16 AM
I think we could get a draw against the French but it will take an improved performance on our last 2 games, with some key players with improved fitness I hope we can do that. A draw would be an excellent result, an away win against France would clearly be our best ever away result - we all know our away record is decent but we rarely/never actually beat good teams away so lets stay real here. This is the type of game that Roy Keane came back for so lets hope he lets it rip.

We should be able to knock 4 past those islanders with the funny caps.

Well I am sure we will be playing a very defensive game with and
hoping to nick a goal on the break (worked against Holland).

France only put two past the islanders withh funny caps.

This is a key game and i am not too sure how it will go as there
is a question mark over Frnce as well as Ireland.

Anything could happen, however I will have a £ or two on Ireland
to win 1-0 as it is the best I can hope for.

captkeen
05/10/2004, 1:23 AM
1-0 in france,French are still in disarray but if henry plays the way he did on sunday they could shade it.5-0 in dublin.we have to put these minnows...........away with ease.

tricky_colour
05/10/2004, 1:27 AM
7/1 in a 2 horse race is also silly

Especially in such a tight encounter

Not when you consider our form against 'decent sides' in a
competive match away from home it isn't.

Anyhow its a 3 horse race, win, lose, draw.

1MickCollins
05/10/2004, 2:03 AM
Well I am sure we will be playing a very defensive game with and
hoping to nick a goal on the break (worked against Holland).

France only put two past the islanders withh funny caps.

This is a key game and i am not too sure how it will go as there
is a question mark over Frnce as well as Ireland.

Anything could happen, however I will have a £ or two on Ireland
to win 1-0 as it is the best I can hope for.

Spot on, anything could happen. If you look at Kerr's results they seem very consistent, but then if you just look at the crucial games they look wobbly. And France are almost an unknown there have been so many changes. I have no idea how the game will pan out... :confused:

BobbySands
05/10/2004, 3:02 AM
While everyone here seems v. optimistic as to this is our chance to beat the French I must admit to a bad feeling here. I hope I'm wrong but we couldn't beat a very poor Swiss team a few weeks ago. I'll gladly take a draw. We lack a reliable goal scorer. Robbie may come good again (I hope) but Morrison is only a stopgap at this point. Our only option apart from those two is the Doc who is not guaranteed a game at Norwich. Elliot or Macken might be worth a gamble cos of the paucity of any other contenders. Alan Lee hasen't worked out and Kerr would be better off giving me a shout than than little Connolly turd.

As I said. Hope I'm wrong.

Sincerely,
Mr. Negative *******

TerryPhelan
05/10/2004, 7:51 AM
The Faroes are plankton, roll them over and send them home. They're a bunch of fishermen, for God's sake, on the same level as Andorra.

Thank God you didn't say Lichtenstein.

2-2 in Paris (they hit first, we come back to 1-1 before half time and score a second with 20 mins to go, we try and shut up shop a la Basel, they scramble in an equaliser) and 3-0 v Faroes, though we shouldn't be under any illusions about them - they will be on the ultra defensive and will be a tough nut to crack for the first half hour.

barglee
07/10/2004, 12:44 PM
France 2-1 Ireland (i realy hope im wrong)
With 30,000 of us over there maybe we can produce a special result but i think a draw would be most we could ask for.

Ireland 3- 0 Faroe Islands

Kowalski
07/10/2004, 12:50 PM
Froggies 2 - Ireland 2
Duffman & Terry Henry will get a goal each
I reckon we will be fairly tired after the game & wouldnt be surprised if we bet the Faroes only 2-0 with robbie keane 1st goal

Stuttgart88
07/10/2004, 1:15 PM
It's quite simple:

If we wear green we'll be fine.

If we wear white we're goosed.

tetsujin1979
07/10/2004, 1:37 PM
It's quite simple:

If we wear green we'll be fine.

If we wear white we're goosed.

We could bring back the orange top for one time only! ;) Or not.

Littlest Hobo
07/10/2004, 9:45 PM
If we manage to beat the french, then I'll climb the Eifel Tower in the nip!!
If we draw...it'll be one of those hazy nights :D

cockneymick
07/10/2004, 9:46 PM
france 0 ireland 0

Ireland 4 faroes 0

1MickCollins
08/10/2004, 3:10 AM
Froggies 2 - Ireland 2
Duffman & Terry Henry will get a goal each
I reckon we will be fairly tired after the game & wouldnt be surprised if we bet the Faroes only 2-0 with robbie keane 1st goal

You don't read palms as well by any chance? :)

Lionel Ritchie
08/10/2004, 9:02 AM
Heart says if we play the way i know we can play ...take the game to them ...we can beat them. However I don't think we will go for the throat. I think we'll try to contain them and will probably not be able to hold them out for 90 mins. I think the least likely result is 0-0.
if it's a draw then it'll likely be a score draw caused by either side trying to sit on a lead rather than prosecute it further.
So I'll say 1-1.

3-0 against the Faroes with all three scored in the first half.

Bondvillain
08/10/2004, 2:15 PM
Sat: France 1-2 Ireland.
Thats what i reckoned when i was on PaddyP's website after the pub the other night anyway, and despite a 'diminished' French side still being better than 98% of the worlds First team squads, I may as well stick to it. I can make myself look even more ridiculous and say Pires, Keane the younger & Kilbane to find the net.

Wed: Best case scenario: Ireland 3-1 Faroes.
I sense an element of British red-top journalist type superiority creeping into our mentalitiy...all this talk of 6-0 thrashings has me nervous of a great 'whump' to come as expectations hit ground level pdq.

However 'diminished' the French will appear to be, whether we win, lose or draw, they will most likely will have made us work like dogs to grind out a result, tiring out any dynamic spark we may have left.
This may leave the Faroes looking at our match (especially if we pick up any Injuries, real ones or Man Utd diagnosed ones) in the same way as we are looking at the French one: An opportunity....

Dont get me wrong, id LOVE to see Ireland rack up a cricket score against any and all opposition, I just think that in light of the fact that we've been done up the bum by "minnows" before (Hello Trinidad & Tobago, Macedonia, Liechetenstein!) and also that The Faroes, excepting the Swiss collapse, were recently building a reputation for frightening the shyte out of cocky opposition by actually playing a bit of football, we probably shouldnt get ahead of ourselves....

Heres hoping for 6 points. and at least 12 pints.

Kingdom
08/10/2004, 4:48 PM
Just over to 24 hours to kick off and still unsure as to how the game will pan out. A few weeks ago I was strongly tipping a 2-2 draw. But having seen the french team (in particular the two full backs and the central midfield partnership) the confidence in us achieving a good result has risen. I think BK will be fairly conservative in his team selction and the fact that he announced that Holland will be able to last 90 mins suggests to me that he'll start with RMK in the centre. Finnan to play right side of midfield ahead of Andy Reid for stability more than anything else. Duff to give Gallas a roasting on the left with CLinton tripping over his shoelaces up front with young Keano.
Given
Carr O'Brien Kenny Sheasy
Finnan RMK Holland Duffer
Clint Robbie

I think it will be a 1-1 draw.

I would be very surprised if there aren't a few changes for the game against the Faroes. I think there will be a new central midfield and Andy reid to come in on the right.

3 - 0

sligo
08/10/2004, 5:32 PM
France 1-2 Ireland & Ireland 6-0 Faroe Islands :D .Agree/Disagree?
From one sligo man to another i think the faroe island prediction is a bit far fetched hopefully the first one comes true as ill be there in paris swallowing a few bevies for the lads.