PDA

View Full Version : we lost but things are looking up

Rory H
03/10/2004, 12:34 PM
positives[1]the crowd.....that guest team got everyone riled up and there was chanting in the stand...in the stand!

2]a few good performences

3]we were v unlucky

negative1] there were some very poor performences

2]gareth gorman.

3]mc cartney looks a good young player

it connors first game and he looks passionate....i dont care if we lose every game from now until the end of the season[except harps]...as long as he learns about the players......

there was a great optimism and support last night ...i hope that returns next march

A face
03/10/2004, 2:58 PM
positives[1]the crowd.....that guest team got everyone riled up and there was chanting in the stand...in the stand!

2]a few good performences

3]we were v unlucky

negative1] there were some very poor performences

2]gareth gorman.

3]mc cartney looks a good young player

it connors first game and he looks passionate....i dont care if we lose every game from now until the end of the season[except harps]...as long as he learns about the players......

there was a great optimism and support last night ...i hope that returns next march

sounds like it was a good one last night !! Fair play !!

atfconline
03/10/2004, 7:58 PM
Sligo were unlucky?! Are you kidding me! We had three shots taken off the line, with McNicholas, Mulvihill and the two Murphy's all having good opportunities to score too. And that was in the first half alone!

O'Malley, despite carrying an injury into the game rescued you on more than one occasion. You were lucky not to be humiliated like Monaghan. Granted you came back into it in the second half, but there is no way you were unlucky to lose that game.

showgies
04/10/2004, 9:28 AM
Unlucky me arse,

That was one of the worst displays by Rovers in a long time. We should have been 3 or 4 down at half time...........the only positive thing is that Connor at least knows what he has let himself in for..........if players were supposed to be playing for their Rovers careers, I see Sean having to sign a whole new squad for next season.

akearins
04/10/2004, 10:58 AM
Have to agree with a lot of the threads on this one We are awful should have been at least 3 or 4 down by half time.gareth Gorman should never wear a Rovers jersey all he does every game is get his yellow card as he trys to be the hard man but is really just mistiming his tackles, carr has gone by his sell by date at one pint he collidede with O'Malley and then blamed Barry O'Dwyer . From the side that started on saturday i woulkd say only 3 would be string enough to be in a side pushing for promotion.Put it this way how many of the starting 11 would force their way into any of the top 3 sides.Connors said he cpould have 6 players over in the morning but he is giving everyone a chance well Sean give tham achance but give us a break and bring them in now so we may see at least one good performance before the end of season :confused:

A face
04/10/2004, 1:00 PM
Thing is, normally a new manager will bring one or two new players to the side and you might see another one or two raising there game as a result. At least the ner manager will have settled in a bit for the start of next season.

dublinred
04/10/2004, 2:26 PM
Wonder will we see Clinton Morrison in the showgrounds as he is a Birmingham City reserve these days.

Rocky
04/10/2004, 10:53 PM
Yeah it was terrible. Connor must've been asking himself if it was real or just a nightmare.

Yeah there was some chanting from the stand, but the rest of the game was a mortuary. And the only reason there was chanting was down to the guest phenomenon. The ones chanting were all from a group of guests from Ballinrobe u-14s. Doubt they're regulars, and they wont be after what they had to witness.

In fairness it's hard to get excited about Rovers these days. It's gonna be another few years before we can get promoted I reckon. O'Riordan said promotion in 3 years. We haven't come forward at all. Does that mean it'll be another 3 years before we get promoted!?

Rocky
06/10/2004, 4:08 PM
He feels that there are three teams outside Dublin, IE; Derry Sligo and Cork, great, Longford Finns and Drogs will love to read that!!! The link with Birmingham City is tenuous to say the least, they will watch all your 10 year- old players, any worth having will be gone at 16 years old, a kid called Stokes has just left Ireland for Arsenal for mega dinero, the same will happen at Sligo now, less the "megs dinero" aspect.

I believe what he said was that there are '3 big clubs' outside Dublin. Certainly Longford Drogs and Finn Harps wouldn't be considered big clubs. However, Dundalk and Waterford might be.

We'll just have to wait and see how he works out. He does have the coaching badges after all!! McStay and Cotterill worked out pretty well and they didn't have much of a record either. I'd have to agree about the link with BCFC though. Bad idea.