PDA

View Full Version : potential banana skin - pike rovers.

outspoken
30/05/2013, 4:32 PM
We face a potential banana skin cup tie against Limerick's Pike Rovers on Saturday night and after the events of Cherry Orchard last season it's crucial that we avoid another upset.

Pike are one of the countries best junior sides and almost beat Sligo Rovers in the cup 2 years ago so we simply cant take them granted and I'm sure we wont.

They have plenty of former LOI players in their ranks at their front 3 have 70 goals between them this season so through in the fact we are top scorers in the FD and have Sully in top form it should be a cracking game, hopefully the weather holds up and we get a decent crowd out, a cup run always does that.

Martinho II
30/05/2013, 9:54 PM
we dont have a good history against pike rovers. in 1962 we lost two one in limerick in the FAI Cup.. I was goin to do a piece on that match for the programme but everything was against me so had to abandon the idea! I think it will go to a replay myself!

Acornvilla
31/05/2013, 1:16 AM
The mind games have begun!

Longfordian
31/05/2013, 6:55 AM
Philip Coffey has left in a shake up of the coaching set up apparently. Wonder who the new assistant will be?

outspoken
31/05/2013, 10:07 AM
Philip Coffey has left in a shake up of the coaching set up apparently. Wonder who the new assistant will be?

Was Tony not suppose to have brought in a new coach from Rovers? Maybe hel step up into the asst. role. Didn't expect Coffey to leave, I know people had different opinions on him but he was a great man for organising the team at set pieces, he was always co-ordinating them from the dug out during games. How many years was he with us?

Acornvilla
31/05/2013, 10:22 AM
5 i think, we play like ****e most of the time so maybe this will help things, if not well then Tony can't blame anyone else :P

Longfordian
31/05/2013, 10:57 AM
Yeah I think it's 5. I didn't know him personally but met him once or twice, seemed like a nice guy. No idea what he did ot didn't do in terms of coaching. But if Tony wants to freshen things up then that can often be a good thing. Matt Britton was supposedly the coach that was coming in, maybe he's only getting involved now don't recall seeing anyone new at the (regrettably few) matches I was at this year.

Martinho II
31/05/2013, 9:50 PM
im surprised at the timing of it. PC joined us at the start of 2009 when alan gough brought him in. he was caretaker mgr in between gough and cronin. I had no probs with PC at all- i would have dealt with him a few times over the phone. I personally would like to wish him the best of luck in what he does.

Longfordian
31/05/2013, 10:06 PM
He had a spell with us before 2009 too didn't he? He was u21 manager for a spell when Alan Mathews was in charge I think. Yeah best of luck in whatever he does, fair play to him for all the hours of work and travelling.

Martinho II
01/06/2013, 10:58 PM
He had a spell with us before 2009 too didn't he? He was u21 manager for a spell when Alan Mathews was in charge I think. Yeah best of luck in whatever he does, fair play to him for all the hours of work and travelling.
correct longfordian in 2007!I thought matt britton was in the running for no. two but pI heard tonight at the pike rovers match that he is no longer with us.

wasnt that impressed with pike they were **** poor..sully was top notch again for us tonight. pike are holdin themselves for their league decider nxt wk!

L.T.F.C.
02/06/2013, 3:13 AM
Go and sh!te will ya... Excuses get you nowhere.

CraftyToePoke
02/06/2013, 4:54 AM
Go and sh!te will ya... Excuses get you nowhere.

Did ye hand over a pennant or not ?

Town Legend
02/06/2013, 9:02 AM
Ah god love them. Was a packet of tayto and a can of coke not good enough for ya, ya cry baby? We had to deal with injuries and suspensions from day one in the league so don't come on here moaning to us. Sure in our third game we were on our fourth choice right back! So take your moaning elsewhere mate!

De Town
02/06/2013, 11:19 AM
Just for the record also...are centre forward played centre half tonight,our right winger tonight is also a centre forward,the sweeper tonight is our left full,our right full tonight is a b player,our left full tonight is our left winger,the forward tonigh is a b player,our left winger tonight is a b player,and as I said already the only sub we had is a keeper and he came on up front.this was pikes 50 match of the season tonight so instead of coming on here saying pike were ....... Why not come on here and say fair play for trying for the 90 odd mins with a half a team.also Longford have a fine set up would have been nice also if ye could have gave pike a pennant as pike gave ye.rant over

Sure isn't it good to see that ye have a flexible squad with players being able to play anywhere.

Town Legend
02/06/2013, 3:36 PM
I missed the game so unless one of pike's players got injured why bring on your sub keeper as an outfield player? That's stupidity on your managers part!! But I seen in a report Colbert named as a sub so why not bring on him??

outspoken
02/06/2013, 6:29 PM
Colbert obviously was only filling a spot on the bench he surely would have started otherwise but why would we praise pike? they were the worst team ive seen play at CCS we gain nothing out of saying that just calling it as we see it.

Martinho II
02/06/2013, 8:17 PM
I prefer to be honest and say how it is..If you played very well I would ave mentioned it. I can give a good example of an incident on our side where one of ur players sat on our wall and wouldnt get up as he was tired! I believe the ref said to our players to lay off pike and keith quinn said we are here to win!!

hollocaine
02/06/2013, 9:46 PM
Someone get that man a pennant. Quick.

Pauro 76
03/06/2013, 6:38 AM
Someone get that man a pennant. Quick.

http://topnews.in/files/Jermaine-Pennant.jpg