PDA

View Full Version : why alan bennett is in fact pele

dalo
17/12/2001, 1:27 PM
just when I thought things could not get any worse. alan bennett does something which pele could never do- score from the half way line!!!!! it was a freakish goal but the fact he was trying something as daft as a 40 meter back pass indicates the team's state of mind

i thought after the rovers game in richmond park we had turned the corner. certainly the team's performance that night was that of a real football team - passion hard work, good defence and no little skill.

now the team looks as if it is going through some confidence crisis. they will have to pick it up against Monaghan and Derry.

also I have to feel sorry for mullligan. drop that geek hartigan and play cp o'brien up front

Xlex
17/12/2001, 1:36 PM
Could I get a good description of this please?? 45 metre goal and that's all i know.....

dalo
17/12/2001, 1:40 PM
alan attempts to slide pass the ball back to the goalie while winning a tackle from the rovers player and hoofs it over devines head. divine is standing on the edge of the six year box and makes a vain effort to get back.

nuff' said.

pele would have loved it

pete
17/12/2001, 1:54 PM
Bennet slide under the ball with too much welly (as ball high in the air), Devine by penalty spot gets hand to but couldn't push around the post.

:(

Gary
17/12/2001, 7:58 PM
Some people are trying to stick the blame on one or the other of Bennett and Mick. Fact is, it was a freak goal FULL STOP.

Has to be up there for best og of all time though!!!

Jim Smith
18/12/2001, 1:22 AM
True enough, it was a freak. However, once in a while it might be nice to watch a game that isn't likely to feature on a 'what happened next...?' slot on sports quiz programs

niamh
18/12/2001, 12:07 PM
Was simply one of those things. It would be wrong to lay the blame on either of the players...

dalo
18/12/2001, 12:14 PM
hmmmm. i wonder if hartigan did it would we be all so good about it.

of course what done is done. but i think the game as a whole refelct the lack of bottle in the city team when it comes to the crunch games

Éanna
18/12/2001, 12:50 PM
freak goal, end of story.

ccfcman
18/12/2001, 1:49 PM
even if it was a freak goal what te hell was he doing passing the ball back from half way????

Gunthers Mask
19/12/2001, 5:41 PM
Freak goal let it go CCFCman some things in life are best left unanswered

pete
20/12/2001, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by ccfcman
even if it was a freak goal what te hell was he doing passing the ball back from half way????

he was more or less last man back.

Gary
20/12/2001, 7:12 PM
Originally posted by dalo
hmmmm. i wonder if hartigan did it would we be all so good about it.

Obviously not.
Why?
Because if NH did it he wouldn't try and make amends, where as Bennet did his best, as he always does for the whole 90 mins.
When last did our noelie do that?

Éanna
20/12/2001, 11:50 PM
maybe hartigan's best is being lazy and playing ****e! He might be even lazier than that normally and be making an extra-special effort in city matches :rolleyes: