PDA

View Full Version : Rumour Mill - Summer 2013

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

pirlo
27/05/2013, 6:09 PM
The rumour mill is starting already, heard there are big changes expected above in whitechurch. Must be killing them to see the success that Avondale are having and knowing that they can no longer draw the big players up there anymore.

Chiefscout
27/05/2013, 6:48 PM
Hearing of something happening with castleview and temple?

Chiefscout
27/05/2013, 6:51 PM
The rumour mill is starting already, heard there are big changes expected above in whitechurch. Must be killing them to see the success that Avondale are having and knowing that they can no longer draw the big players up there anymore.
Heard billy back next year

the hawk
27/05/2013, 7:10 PM
Heard billy back next year

What i have heard is that Scoops will be Rockmount's 1st signing of next year .

Chiefscout
27/05/2013, 7:19 PM
What i have heard is that Scoops will be Rockmount's 1st signing of next year .
Heard that aswel.but wouldn't be surprised if Avondale came in for him.lets be honest he will have as much of a chance to win something with marys as he would with rockmount now

pirlo
27/05/2013, 9:07 PM
[QUOTE=Chiefscout;1688162]Heard that aswel.but wouldn't be surprised if Avondale came in for him.lets be honest he will have as much of a chance to win something with marys as he would with rockmount now

No disrespect to the lad, but I don't see scoops getting in ahead of any of avondales current centre backs, don't think he would be up to that standard. Rockmount would be a good move for him.
Also heard banksy and young winger from Mary's on the move too?

Blackandwhite
27/05/2013, 9:30 PM
Chubbs leaving Avondale to go travelling.

Glenbuck
27/05/2013, 9:35 PM
The rumour mill is starting already, heard there are big changes expected above in whitechurch. Must be killing them to see the success that Avondale are having and knowing that they can no longer draw the big players up there anymore.Hands up. Better team doing the biz at the moment. We had good success for a number of years. It is certainly not killing us. Hats off to Avondale.

Glenbuck
27/05/2013, 9:36 PM
Heard billy back next yearYour source....

Chiefscout
27/05/2013, 10:25 PM
Your source....
A player thats been approached to go there next year

pirlo
28/05/2013, 12:37 PM
Glenbuck,
If its not killing ye then maybe that's a problem and the reason the mount are no longer competing for leagues and trophies on a regular basis,maybe as a fan ur happy enough to be finishing mid-table year after year. I personally think its not great for local football in cork.

splinter
28/05/2013, 3:02 PM
Are ye serious???? Scoops would walk into Dales team. Look who he marks every game and does well... Id like to see Dales defence deal with chubbs and marky

Long ball willy
28/05/2013, 3:46 PM
sher scoops is nailed on going to rockmount where he will find it hard to replace hoey who is off to castletreasure.

six-yard-box
28/05/2013, 3:47 PM
also heard that scoops is going to the mount with gary coughlan when marys are relegated.

Glenbuck
28/05/2013, 4:32 PM
Glenbuck,
If its not killing ye then maybe that's a problem and the reason the mount are no longer competing for leagues and trophies on a regular basis,maybe as a fan ur happy enough to be finishing mid-table year after year. I personally think its not great for local football in cork.Your taking my reply totally out of context. An admirable effort was put in by all connected to MY club this season. Unfortunately in football you have to be honest and give credit where its due. Obviously we are dissapointed but as for it killing us....Who are you connected with yourself Pirlo.

peterpan
28/05/2013, 5:42 PM
Greg o Halloran to take over at Carrigaline, major player shake up promised.

pirlo
28/05/2013, 5:57 PM
Your taking my reply totally out of context. An admirable effort was put in by all connected to MY club this season. Unfortunately in football you have to be honest and give credit where its due. Obviously we are dissapointed but as for it killing us....Who are you connected with yourself Pirlo.
No real connections to any1 glenbuck, don't think I'm having a pop at your club, I would love to see the old rivalry between avondale and rockmount renewed, that fixture doesnt have the appeal it used too, I really enjoy watching both teams play (especially howey and mark O Sullivan).

Glenbuck
28/05/2013, 8:35 PM
No real connections to any1 glenbuck, don't think I'm having a pop at your club, I would love to see the old rivalry between avondale and rockmount renewed, that fixture doesnt have the appeal it used too, I really enjoy watching both teams play (especially howey and mark O Sullivan).Dont we all. As for mid table we have not been outside the top 3 in 14 years.

old-head
28/05/2013, 9:04 PM
Greg o Halloran to take over at Carrigaline, major player shake up promised.
Could be a good move, surely with their facilities and population the potential is massive!

Thebeanosarebac
28/05/2013, 10:40 PM
You Cant beat the Rumors lads..any flying around the southside???

Igot2words4ya
31/05/2013, 10:16 PM
Glenvale manager gone too take over Blarney Seniors!

casilles
01/06/2013, 9:07 AM
Glenvale manager gone too take over Blarney Seniors!

seriously doubt this as one, Ian Yelverton has already been announced as Dave Moyinhans replacment and two, Colours just led Glenvale to the Premier A in the Aul. But sure never say never!

1seasonwonders
02/06/2013, 2:45 PM
Gareth cambridge back to rockmount, along wit scoops, johnny walsh and another 1 of 2 from what im hearing..a few leaving i also heard, cian blakey, gazza, and a few of the oldies

Sparks
02/06/2013, 5:08 PM
Was told Willie Burns & Terry White heading back out the southside again aswell

zico365
03/06/2013, 2:40 PM
If the scoops rumour is true that will be a brilliant signing by rockmount. Great player

1seasonwonders
03/06/2013, 3:26 PM
cian blake to Avondale is a rumour i heard

old-head
03/06/2013, 4:02 PM
Gareth cambridge back to rockmount, along wit scoops, johnny walsh and another 1 of 2 from what im hearing..a few leaving i also heard, cian blakey, gazza, and a few of the oldies
Don't see these happening, not sure the Cambridge move was amicable. The other moves probably depend on play off result. Mount supposed to be losing a few, o'Connell, Dave aherne, Gaffney...all gave great service in fairness. Talks of one or two to oz aswell, think this will affect a good few teams for the new season

Sparks
03/06/2013, 4:30 PM
Talks of one or two to oz aswell, think this will affect a good few teams for the new season
Too be fair Oz & immigration & the resession have hurt MOST teams in Cork in one way or another.

1seasonwonders
03/06/2013, 9:02 PM
don't think mount would take Cambridge back either. heard kev mul and graham are going back to the hall any truth in that?

Señor Willy
04/06/2013, 11:04 AM
Hello lads, rumours are in full swing! Haha, couldn't see cambridge going back, heard a rumour of a couple of Avondale lads on the way out as Cotter might be going, but its very early days and I'd find it hard to believe at this stage.

Long ball willy
04/06/2013, 11:05 AM
cian blake to Avondale is a rumour i heard

heard there looking to boost there junior team alright. cambridge is going nowhere he loves it out the southside they did fix his neck after all after that disasterous spell with the mount. kinger supposedly back for the mount gonna be a huge plus. mark murphy going out there aswell i hear. graham mccarthy to cobh and and kev mul to the golf course

Just my opinion
04/06/2013, 11:43 AM
There is no way Blakey would get near the Avondale team. I hear he's on his way back to his buddies at Wilton

Dixie's Cousin
04/06/2013, 1:18 PM
Cian would be a great addition to any squad, even Avondale's. If somebody thinks he is a junior player at best obviously has something against him or has seen him play. I know most clubs would love to see Cian sign for them, I know we would up in Castleview!

Long ball willy
04/06/2013, 2:11 PM
Cian would be a great addition to any squad, even Avondale's. If somebody thinks he is a junior player at best obviously has something against him or has seen him play. I know most clubs would love to see Cian sign for them, I know we would up in Castleview! nothing at all against the lad your dead right tho ive seen him play

el nino coro
04/06/2013, 2:36 PM
Do people think the current avondale squad are all after dropping back from league of ireland or what? it wasnt long ago it was said roy long wudnt get a look in but the 2 goals in the intermediate cup final wasnt long "excuse the pun" silencing them critics,blaky is a good footballer and would have no problem fitting in down there

tricksey
04/06/2013, 4:07 PM
Craig Cooney gone from Mary s if there defeated tommorow night I hear ?

Dixie's Cousin
04/06/2013, 4:27 PM
I was talking to him 2 nights ago, and he is going to UCC.

Thebeanosarebac
04/06/2013, 5:02 PM
Don't see these happening, not sure the Cambridge move was amicable. The other moves probably depend on play off result. Mount supposed to be losing a few, o'Connell, Dave aherne, Gaffney...all gave great service in fairness. Talks of one or two to oz aswell, think this will affect a good few teams for the new season
The Byrnes brothers and Terry White heading back out the soutside also im told

tricksey
04/06/2013, 5:08 PM
The Byrnes brothers and Terry White heading back out the soutside also im told
Is that the casement rumour ? That was the rumour last year aswell it never happend

Thebeanosarebac
04/06/2013, 6:34 PM
Is that the casement rumour ? That was the rumour last year aswell it never happendThey would be more than welcome at casement..3 very good experienced players

Sparky
04/06/2013, 9:44 PM
Craig Cooney gone from Mary s if there defeated tommorow night I hear ?
It's fellas like Craig who have Mary's where they are! Bad attitude from what I have seen of him. It's all about him. He tends to want to move every year! Or at least be talked about.

el nino coro
05/06/2013, 10:28 AM
Marys evens...Fermoy 7/4 tonight if anyone is having a bet on the game

Señor Willy
05/06/2013, 12:28 PM
Think Mary's will win tonight but then again they had the chance in Fermoy so very difficult to call.

bazzer10
05/06/2013, 2:35 PM
I dont think any 1 ever said roy long wouldnt get in if i recall it was said he was to good to be on the bench.To be fair i think alot of people that comment about players dont have a clue. Alot of the avondale team or in and out of that team thats how every 1 is happy down there all hungry for a start and to fight for a place in the team and if ur not willing too i dont think u belong down there.

Just my opinion
05/06/2013, 3:49 PM
Heard a strong rumour today from a passage player that they won't have any senior or junior teams next season. Can anyone shed any light on this?

tricksey
05/06/2013, 8:48 PM
If Mary's lose scoops now after surviving a play off I hope they can replace him

FootballMad
05/06/2013, 11:24 PM
none of the marys lads be leaving except one and he's heading back to southside from whats been said tonight dunno how true it is tho... Anyone Think mick divine might leave fermoy

1seasonwonders
06/06/2013, 11:18 AM
scoops to rockmount is almost certain..as for losing players like johnny walsh and banksy, I don't no..huge result for them last night, had they lost I reckon it could of been awhile before we saw them back in the top flight.. Heard last night, ron Stanton could be going to Avondale or rockmount..!

Horse24
06/06/2013, 11:41 AM

Give poor oul Gazza a rest..................he is only finished his AUL commitments!!

Horse24
06/06/2013, 11:47 AM
Heard a strong rumour today from a passage player that they won't have any senior or junior teams next season. Can anyone shed any light on this?

I heard the opposite over the weekend - looking to add youths/19s etc. Training all weather ready by September