PDA

View Full Version : Editing .MOV files

pineapple stu
26/05/2013, 4:39 PM
I've been using Windows Movie Maker for years to edit movie files, but have recently changed camera and Windows Movie Maker can't cope with the .MOV format. Google says that .MOV is a really awkward file format to edit in generally. Anyone got any suggestions for a good suite? Have tried AVS Video Editor (not bad; bit clumsy and in the editing mode, the video is slow and doesn't keep up with the audio, which is quite annoying) and Camtasia (same problem, and it occurs in the published video as well, unlike AVS). Various free packages on the internet just seem to be malware.

Any suggestions?

TheBoss
27/05/2013, 2:18 AM
I use a basic enough software, VideoPad, does all the simple things well enough.

pineapple stu
27/05/2013, 12:30 PM
Might give that a look so. Though I got my jumpiness issue in AVS sorted; just need to let the whole video cache for an hour or two and it's grand to work with.

pineapple stu
27/05/2013, 7:34 PM
So - AVS's output is poor quality for some reason. I've tried VideoPad, but when I import a clip, it just brings up a progress bar and never gets around to importing it (granted, I've only waited a minute or so, but if I've to wait that long with nothing at all appearing on the progress bar, it's going to be slow).

A match would be about 20GB in size, split into six or so files. Is the size liable to be a particular problem here?