PDA

View Full Version : LOI Series 15 & 12. Premier & 1st Division fixtures.

Pages : [1] 2

bullit
23/05/2013, 7:10 PM
7.45 KO's unless stated.

Friday

Premier

LimerickFC V Sligo R. 7.05pm Live on RTÉ2

BohemianFC V St.Pats.Ath

Bray Wanderers V Drogheda Utd.

Derry City V Cork City

DundalkFC V UCD

Shamrock Rovers V Shelbourne 8pm

First

Cobh Ramblers V Salthill Devon

Mervue Utd. V Longford Town

Athlone Town V Waterford Utd.

Wexford Youths V Finn Harps 8pm

------------------------------------------------------
Tuesday

Sligo Rovers V DundalkFC

------------------------------------------------------
Betting basket

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/ireland/premier-league

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/other/ireland/first-division

bullit
23/05/2013, 11:54 PM
Full quota of 10 LOI ties tonight.

Q? - : Last time that happened?

S.Grant will be taking charge(ref) off DundalkFC v UCD .Whats he like reffing wise? (Neil Doyle NOT reffing tonight btw!)

nigel-harps1954
24/05/2013, 12:53 AM
Grant must have been promoted from the First Division.

He's a disaster.

Longfordian
24/05/2013, 7:21 AM
I used to think the refs in the Premier Division were bad. Then we got relegated..

Dalymountrower
24/05/2013, 8:52 AM
Full quota of 10 LOI ties tonight.

Q? - : (Neil Doyle NOT reffing tonight btw!)

He got a night off to help the SRFC Ultras colour in their display for Tolka tonight.

marinobohs
24/05/2013, 10:59 AM
He got a night off to help the SRFC Ultras colour in their display for Tolka tonight.

....as opposed to helping shams ON the pitch last Friday :rolleyes:

brendy_éire
24/05/2013, 11:53 AM
I used to think the refs in the Premier Division were bad. Then we got relegated..

I actually thought the First Division refs were better. Though we were winning most games, so maybe they were less noticeable.

Fancy our chances of winning tonight. Cork playing horrifically, by all accounts. Just wonder if we can manage not to concede tonight, it's been 8 games now.

Cuyahoga
24/05/2013, 2:02 PM
Johnny Mc Donnell is the new Shelbourne manager according to Extratime.ie

adamd164
24/05/2013, 2:08 PM
Johnny Mc Donnell is the new Shelbourne manager according to Extratime.ie
Seems a decent choice for Shels.

Mr_Parker
24/05/2013, 6:54 PM
Are those portable nets being used by Limerick at Thomond Park?

dong
24/05/2013, 6:55 PM
The second weekend running a referee shames himself on national TV.

adamd164
24/05/2013, 7:33 PM
RTE stream not working for me... *shakes fist*

Charlie Darwin
24/05/2013, 8:15 PM
Looks like Pat's could be the big winners from the weekend with Dundalk likely to lose, Sligo having drawn and Derry still scoreless at home to Cork. Shamrock Rovers bound for the dizzy heights of fifth place if the scores remain the same, which of course means Shels will score and Rovers will once again perform their trademark home draw trick.

Longfordian
24/05/2013, 8:28 PM
Town 2-1 up with 10 men after being 1 down. O'Sullivan (naturally, 12 in 12 now) and O'Neill for Town.

Charlie Darwin
24/05/2013, 8:33 PM
Four teams in the First Division have had a men sent off and all four are winning, Longford and Waterford having scored all their goals since being reduced to 10 men.

Cork 1-0 up at Derry, oh my. That will mean of the three teams around Pat's, only Sligo will have picked up any points.

adamd164
24/05/2013, 8:35 PM
Don't get excited, 1-1 already

Charlie Darwin
24/05/2013, 8:41 PM
That was quick. Bray grabbed a last minute winner against Drogs and UCD hung on to beat Dundalk 3-2. Pat's the only team in the top 6 to win.

Drogs got a second man sent off in injury time just to make sure.

Longfordian
24/05/2013, 8:59 PM
Town go 7 points clear at the top after Harps losing. Getting my hopes up a little bit now. Tonight was a huge win in the circumstances.

bullit
24/05/2013, 9:53 PM
Fair play to UCD for the win tonight.They created maybe 5 goal scoring chances and scored 3.Dundalk created about 25 chances and only scored the 2.UCD worked hard all over the park and their 3rd goal from Benson was an absolute peach of a sucker punch counter attacking goal.Dundalk maybe a little unlucky not to get a draw as Byrne almost smashed the crossbar with a last miniute shot that looked in until it rebounded.
I didn't see any UCD fans in the ground but was told by a friend that 4 showed up.

pineapple stu
24/05/2013, 10:33 PM
Yeah, twas a great second half of ball in fairness. Dundalk were a bit unlucky alright - I'm full sure the second penalty shout was clear cut as well.

Thought the ref was very, very lenient; more so than was needed. There were some rough tackles going in from both sides that he ignored, and it was kind of inevitable that two of the three bookings would be for dissent.

Still, ten points from this round of games is remarkable considering we got none the first time around. And we're playing lovely stuff too. This could be a good season.

Charlie Darwin
24/05/2013, 10:35 PM
Fair play to UCD for the win tonight.They created maybe 5 goal scoring chances and scored 3.Dundalk created about 25 chances and only scored the 2.UCD worked hard all over the park and their 3rd goal from Benson was an absolute peach of a sucker punch counter attacking goal.Dundalk maybe a little unlucky not to get a draw as Byrne almost smashed the crossbar with a last miniute shot that looked in until it rebounded.
I didn't see any UCD fans in the ground but was told by a friend that 4 showed up.
Has it gotten to the point where people are spreading rumours about sightings of UCD fans?

Jofspring
24/05/2013, 10:35 PM
Was impressed with UCD last week so not surprised with their result. Really happy with our performance tonight. Solid at the back and a little more threatening going forward. Couldn't believe how bad Eldings touches and play was (first time seeing him live).

placid casual
24/05/2013, 11:09 PM
by some considerable distance, the worst game of football witnessed in tallaght tonight.
the worst shels side I think i've seen since the fred davis era circa early 1980's , against a Rovers side that tactically are utterly inept and devoid of instruction.
really bad crowd as well.

shels fans- you are headed for relegation, again I'm afraid. sorry, but its the truth. think they will finish a long way behind Bohs in last place
fair play to UCD getting some great results in recent weeks- I'm a big fan of Russell as a manager. wonder could be do his stuff for Rovers?

bullit
24/05/2013, 11:19 PM
Has it gotten to the point where people are spreading rumours about sightings of UCD fans?

LOL. It's a sport within a sport :) Where's Waldo hasn't a look in on this game ;)

noddy102
25/05/2013, 2:08 AM
fair play to UCD getting some great results in recent weeks- I'm a big fan of Russell as a manager. wonder could be do his stuff for Rovers?

After twice choosing other loi managers, well one manager and one coach, over him it'd be hard to see him seeking the job again in the near future!

adamd164
25/05/2013, 12:50 PM
Pats now top of the pile, it's looking like they're going to push this one all the way, they're consistently pulling results out of the bag each week.

Given that my own team won't be anywhere near the business end of the table, I'd like to see Pat's do it. Buckley deserves it.

Bawnville Hoop
25/05/2013, 2:29 PM
Quick question to Dundalk fans, is Richie Towell playing the majority of the time on the right of midfield or is John Dillon(or do they switch).

dundalkfc10
25/05/2013, 3:56 PM
Quick question to Dundalk fans, is Richie Towell playing the majority of the time on the right of midfield or is John Dillon(or do they switch).

Richie Towell has played nearly all games Centre Midfield, played Right Back twice i think.

Dillion is always on the right (seems to be getting alot of stick from the fans, as he slows the game down alot)

Ezeikial
25/05/2013, 6:02 PM
Richie Towell has played nearly all games Centre Midfield, played Right Back twice i think.

Towell has started in central midfield for every league game he has played this season.

marinobohs
27/05/2013, 11:58 AM
Pats now top of the pile, it's looking like they're going to push this one all the way, they're consistently pulling results out of the bag each week.

Given that my own team won't be anywhere near the business end of the table, I'd like to see Pat's do it. Buckley deserves it.

great chance for Pats this season. settled experienced team and have been consistent so far. Not sure they have a regular (season long) goalscorer but so far they have done well.
Not pushed on Buckley but always liked Pats and they have won nothing for a long while so would notbe disappointed to se them win it.

bullit
28/05/2013, 12:53 PM
The second weekend running a referee shames himself on national TV.

Just seen it on MNS.I think for once ref Butthead got it spot on ? Defo handball by AB and he knew it too.(That may not be the incident you allude to though)

Jofspring
28/05/2013, 5:21 PM
Just seen it on MNS.I think for once ref Butthead got it spot on ? Defo handball by AB and he knew it too.(That may not be the incident you allude to though)

The call was made by the 4th official Paul Tuite. Taylor commented that it was a great call and the 4th official should be more involved like that if he spots something.

White Horse
28/05/2013, 7:32 PM
Dundalk 1 up in Sligo. Massey.

Though dominating the game, I thought that goal would never come.

nigel-harps1954
28/05/2013, 8:28 PM
Pat's 4-0 UCD latest.

nigel-harps1954
28/05/2013, 8:30 PM
5-0 now.

Nesta99
28/05/2013, 8:37 PM
Well UCD had part of their mini revival against us...come on FT already

White Horse
28/05/2013, 8:39 PM
Six minutes injury time in Sligo??

They have Fergie time in the west.

Jofspring
28/05/2013, 8:42 PM
Another red card for an off the ball incident by Elding as well I see. Could be a big night for pats.

Nesta99
28/05/2013, 8:44 PM
Both teams down to 10 supposedly - elding for sligo......ft now nice one

Nesta99
28/05/2013, 8:45 PM
missed peno for Dundalk too

White Horse
Sligo fans doing their rain dance and hoping for 10 minutes injury time.

Jofspring
Ya O'Donnell got a second yellow for diving. Seems yellows for diving in the league are rife at the moment.

bullit
28/05/2013, 9:22 PM
dundalk 1 up in sligo. messi

though dominating the game, i thought that goal would never come.

fyp ;)

Ezeikial
28/05/2013, 9:30 PM
Interview with Vinny Perth about tonights game in the Showgrounds

http://audioboo.fm/boos/1419283-vinny-perth-post-match-sligo-rovers-28-may-2013

TonyD
28/05/2013, 9:55 PM
great chance for Pats this season. settled experienced team and have been consistent so far. Not sure they have a regular (season long) goalscorer but so far they have done well.
Not pushed on Buckley but always liked Pats and they have won nothing for a long while so would notbe disappointed to se them win it.

Think our first eleven is the best in the league at the moment. Not sure how we'll fare if we get a few injuries, particularly in midfield. Things are certainly looking good at the moment and we're definitely looking like potential champions, and results have gone our way big time in the last week, but there's a long way to go. Sligo looked like they were going to run away with it for the first seven games, so you never know. We should be there till the death at least. Could be a big big season for us.

NeverFeltBetter
28/05/2013, 10:07 PM
So happy our next league game is away to Pats. Also, just realised UCD and Pats' next game is against each other again. Wonder how Students will try and psych themselves up for that one?

avvenalaf
28/05/2013, 10:27 PM
Dundalk played us off the pitch tonight, especially in the first half. Thankfully, Elding will be gone for five matches now and Danny North is close to return. That crowd in the sheltered housing were some ejits to sack Stephen kenny.

dundalkfc10
29/05/2013, 1:50 AM
Just in the door, stayed in Sligo for a few pints, what a win and what a performance

oriel
29/05/2013, 6:43 AM
Fair play Sligo fan for honest view on the game. Sounded like Dundalk were good value. Next home match for us v Pats. Should be a cracker. Speaking of, why did Pats and UCD play last night? They were not behind on games played.

adamd164
29/05/2013, 7:05 AM
Speaking of, why did Pats and UCD play last night? They were not behind on games played.
Just guessing but was it to do with Pats being in Europe and was the UCD game brought forward to avoid congestion? Such sense is rare in the LOI if so!