PDA

View Full Version : Mervue away - Big game

outspoken
21/05/2013, 11:33 AM
For me Mervue we the best side we played this season they just lacked a little up front but if Manning and King are on form they could destroy us so we need to learn from our defensive mistakes because even against Cobh they could have scored 3 not to mention what happened in Drogheda so a big defensive performance needed. I'd go with the same team as against Cobh apart from maybe throwing Hope/Treacy back in but the result in Drogheda may have changed TC's thinking there, going forward if we keep it on the deck like we did against Cobh and make sure Sully isnt isolated we should win this game, simples.

fitzpatrick10
21/05/2013, 2:28 PM
line out the team the same as cobh game.. drogheda ,Tc was clearly trying out players in diff positions and givin some players a full game,, it wouldnt of been 6 if we had our starting 11 but why risk an injury for the sake of the league cup..

anyway this is a massive game friday, have me name down for the bus already!hopefully we can take all 3 points and the other games go in our favour.. roll on friday

outspoken
21/05/2013, 2:37 PM
Same here Fitzy, sounds like theres a good crowd travelling.

outspoken
24/05/2013, 10:59 AM
Just got Mervue team news there and they are missing half their squad! If they are all ruled out we should be winning this at a canter in all honesty

Acornvilla
24/05/2013, 12:22 PM
Mervue United Injured: Alex Lee (foot), Gary Curran (knee) Gary Shanahan (foot)

Doubtful: Tom King (hamstring), Jason Molloy (ankle), Marc Ludden (foot), Noel Varley (back) Martin Conneely (knee)

Suspended: Barry O’Mahony

Thats from ET, I assume King is fit to play anyhow judging from what hes saying on twitter.. Thank the lord Curran is out thou If Tom ain't in the squad thou, I know where my money's going tonight..

Longfordian
24/05/2013, 9:08 PM
Pardon my French and sorry mods but get the *****in f**k in! Massive win in the circumstances. 7 points clear :)

Acornvilla
24/05/2013, 10:10 PM
I agree! hon to ****!

gufcfan
24/05/2013, 10:45 PM
Lucky luck boys!

Longfordian
24/05/2013, 11:03 PM
Lucky luck boys!

All winning teams need their share of luck :) We have Davy and that's not luck. Though I'd say even TC is surprised just how much damage he's doing.

gufcfan
25/05/2013, 1:11 AM
Many there? I'll get lynched if I ask in the attendance thread.

outspoken
25/05/2013, 10:08 AM
More from Longford than anything else, counting volunteers etc it probably scrapped 100. Great atmosphere from De Town fans again (even better on the bus). As for the game fck me it was sh1te football. Best pitch in the league and neither team would get it down, when we finally did get it down we saw great play between Purdy, Quinn and Sully to equalizer and a couple of minutes later BANG! A thumping thumping header from David O'Neill who came on 4 Gillespie.

Referee was an absolute C*nt, never gave us a thing all night, booked our players for nothing and sent off McDonagh for nothing as well, all in all a huge huge win which could be the defining moment of our season.

gufcfan
25/05/2013, 2:20 PM
booked our players for nothing and sent off McDonagh for nothing as well
Mervue official complained that the ref was biased in your favour.

outspoken
25/05/2013, 3:47 PM
Mervue official complained that the ref was biased in your favour.

Should I respond to that? Really!

nigel-harps1954
25/05/2013, 4:01 PM
457 official attendance given...something not right.

gufcfan
25/05/2013, 5:15 PM
Should I respond to that? Really!

You're not beyond telling fibs now are you ;)

I'm just telling you what I heard though. I have no doubt you are telling the truth. The referee was just out to get them any time they don't win, according to a couple of idiots.

457 official attendance given...something not right.
The figure in the report was 357. I think that 457 is a typo. They haven't been reporting 4-5 times the actual attendance since the season they joined the league.