PDA

View Full Version : Kelvin Flanagan on Tranfer List

Citymark
17/12/2001, 7:43 AM
Kelvin Flanagan is to be put on the CCFC Transfer List today on his own request. Details were disclosed by Liam Murphy in a post match interview with Irish Times.

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/sport/2001/1217/soc14.htm

Flanagan, made his debut for CCFC in August 1995 against St Pats. Won FAI Cup Winners medal in 1998. Joined the club from Kansas Missouri University. Is the clubs main penalty taker.

pete
17/12/2001, 9:47 AM
Thats just a great idea isn't it.

What have we left now....oooh 4 maybe even 5 midfielders!

:rolleyes:

Citymark
17/12/2001, 9:54 AM
Since the start of the season Gunter has left 5 pretty decent players go

Colin O' Brien 3 Month loan to Waterford
Tony Tyan - Free to Shelbourne
Greg O'Halloran - 3 month loan to Longford
Mark Herrick - Back to Galway for £3K
Kelvin Flnagan - On transfer list.

Letting players go is fine if better players are brought in. This hasn't happened. Yesterday we were crying out for a proper right winger and some creative midfielder. Could certainly have done with Tynan or O'Brien yesterday.

The cheque book certainly needs to come out, and pretty soon as well. :D

pete
17/12/2001, 10:14 AM
I see from the programme yesterday that Anothony O'Shea the young midfirlder from Limerick was recently let go too.....

I do however agree with loaning out Colin O'Brien as he'll hopefully rediscover some form for when he returns.

Citymark
17/12/2001, 10:37 AM
Am working down that way, any reports of Waterford games I've heard is that he's playing very well. But to be honest, looking good for Waterford Utd is not exactly a hard skill to come by.

Agree with you though, would be good to see him getting back to his best. We still need a right winger & midfield playmaker though!

Éanna
17/12/2001, 12:35 PM
disaster- murphy doesn't have a clue. murphy out. the guy is single-handedly going to destroy this club.

Seanie
17/12/2001, 12:51 PM
I think that Colin O'Brien should be given his chance on the right wing when he returns from Waterford. He is without doubt one of the best footballers at the club in terms of skill and control, and has a good goalscoring record. In the past he has been made a scapegoat for poor performances and was often the one to be dropped the following week.

Gary
17/12/2001, 9:07 PM
Is it that Murphy is trying to force the suppoters away or what? F**king HELL, after yesterdays no show on the pitch and some quite perplexing substitutions would you not think that the ***** would try and make some friends.
I'm not exactly Kelsys greatest fan, I think he should be a squad player at best, but you don't transfer list anyone, no matter whose decision it is, after a row.
But now we all know, Gunther is a F**king Eejit.

niamh
18/12/2001, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Seanie
I think that Colin O'Brien should be given his chance on the right wing when he returns from Waterford.

If he ever returns...

ccfcman
18/12/2001, 1:07 PM
o'briens recent run would give waterford reason to sugn him up MURPHY OUT & COLIN BACK

Casegrande
18/12/2001, 1:24 PM
Originally posted by ccfcman
MURPHY OUT & COLIN BACK
For a second there I thought you meant 'Colin Murphy back'! Phew!

Although now that I think about it.... could it be worse?

I agree though Colin O'Brien has to be brought back in January when the 3 months is up.

ccfcman
19/12/2001, 2:10 PM
colin murphy put in a bid for delaney today at 10am

A face
19/12/2001, 3:40 PM
Delaney that went to Leicester and then to Stoke City or somewhere (i just think that is clutching at straws to be honest), how bad can that be, even though he was no sooner here than he was gone, he was a handy player.

pete
19/12/2001, 4:10 PM
Yeah Delaney just ending a months loan (4 appearances including 2 starts) at Stockport (bottom of english 1st division) & their manager Carlton Palmer wants to keep Damian til the end of the season if he can....

The truth is Delaney was too good & would have been wasted at Cork City. I think the best young players in the eL tend to stagnate after a couple of seasons as possibly they've have surpassed the level of coaching they are getting...

Its only correct for the best players to move up a level when maybe 20 or 21 but irish clubs should ensure they get a fair fee for them (50k is peanuts)

Citymark
19/12/2001, 4:14 PM
What club is colin Murphy now with? Didn't he leave Leicester when Peter Taylor got the sack?

pete
19/12/2001, 4:28 PM
Originally posted by Citymark
What club is colin Murphy now with? Didn't he leave Leicester when Peter Taylor got the sack?

He left to take up Director of Football position with former club Stockport. Almost immeadiately took Damian on a months loan....

Gunthers Mask
19/12/2001, 6:16 PM
Colin Murphy is director of football at Stockport.

Kelvin Flannagan is not Citys best player but he is better than Hartigan.I think if we let him go we'll end up regretting it!!
Also Gunther said in the Echo something about a reasionable fee??Another £3000 job I bet.

Gunther Out NOW

Éanna
19/12/2001, 11:14 PM
yeah, that report kelvin also said that he wasn't leaving cos he was on the bench, but said "There has been a bit of a disagreement and that's all I really want to say about the matter at this moment." What the **** is that idiot up to?! Is he determined to destroy the club or what?! MURPHY OUT NOW!

Gunthers Mask
20/12/2001, 6:15 PM
So I think we have established Gunther is a middle-aged grumpy little p*ick!

So he now has grudges with Stevie Flynn and Flannagan.
Murphy out!!
New song for Murphy:
You don't know what your doing!!

Éanna
20/12/2001, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Gunthers Mask
So he now has grudges with Stevie Flynn and Flannagan.

there's a couple more than that.

Gunthers Mask
21/12/2001, 9:35 PM
Agreed but at the time that was all I could think of(went overboard on birthday celebrations)

James
21/12/2001, 9:36 PM
Originally posted by Gunthers Mask
(went overboard on birthday celebrations)

yea its tough when your that age..just before puberty hits ya :D
agh to be that young and nieve again

Gunthers Mask
21/12/2001, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by James

Good one. :D Hope I have cleared up all previous mis-understandings with you

Éanna
21/12/2001, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by James

them little "young and nieve" *******s were tring to get drink off me all night in work tonight. I'm approaching a shoot on sigh policy at this stage! They've got my head done in! :mad: