PDA

View Full Version : Is Derek Foran the dirtiest player in the League of Ireland

wexfordned
18/05/2013, 12:37 AM
Cards on the table, I am BOHS fan.

I have only seen this "so called footballer" play twice.

In the game at Dalymount he got sent off for two yellow cards which were red card offences on there own.

Tonight he hit one of the bohs players in the first half with a elbow in the back of the head that should have been red instead of yellow.

The guy as far I can see is in my opinion nothing but a thug.

Would be interested to hear the opinion of supporters of other teams in the league.

noddy102
18/05/2013, 1:10 AM
Cards on the table, I am BOHS fan.

I have only seen this "so called footballer" play twice.

In the game at Dalymount he got sent off for two yellow cards which were red card offences on there own.

Tonight he hit one of the bohs players in the first half with a elbow in the back of the head that should have been red instead of yellow.

The guy as far I can see is in my opinion nothing but a thug.

Would be interested to hear the opinion of supporters of other teams in the league.

Far far from it and probably a little unfair to base your opinion on 2 dublin derbys and start a full thread about it

bullit
18/05/2013, 1:12 AM
Player of the year last year for Dundalk.
Gone downhill since he went to Shamrock Rvrs IMO
Just lumps the ball up the pitch but i don't believe he is a dirty player.

Nah Nah Nah Nah
18/05/2013, 1:38 AM
Certainly wouldn't say he's a dirty player

Dunny
18/05/2013, 1:58 AM
Nope.

Charlie Darwin
18/05/2013, 2:13 AM
He's not dirty, he's just very clumsy. And he's actually a good footballer, which I was as surprised as anyone to learn. Pat Flynn is a dirty player.

Fivesilver
18/05/2013, 7:09 AM
I wouldn't say the dirtiest. He's been putting it about a bit this season, but it often looks like frustration at not being able to keep up - he's definitely not good enough to be a regular starter in a Premier top-half defence.

Dillonman
18/05/2013, 8:26 AM
one of our stand out players from a terrible bunch last year. got player of the year but he refused to take an jnjection and play in the playoffs when we most needed him incase he got injured...this ruling out any moves for him and a few weeks back he did an interview with the mirror and degraded Dundalkfc. hes not a dirty player but just another arrogant so and so now hes with one of the "big" clubs.

Bawnville Hoop
18/05/2013, 9:00 AM
Haha great thread!

Our Player of the year so far.

redarmyfaction
18/05/2013, 9:19 AM
The purtiest, not the fruits at least in his mirror.

Mr A
18/05/2013, 9:24 AM
Crucify him!

redarmyfaction
18/05/2013, 9:32 AM
The purtiest, not the dirtiest at least in his mirror.

redobit
18/05/2013, 10:15 AM
A couple of dirty issues of late but I wouldn't call him a dirty player. Not good enough to be a league winning centre half. He might be able to pass it but in the air he isn't great and his marking is poor.

poster
18/05/2013, 10:53 AM
Nowhere near Sean O'Connor.

monkey9
18/05/2013, 12:22 PM
Haha great thread!

Foran? I suppose that explains your league position so.

sligoman
18/05/2013, 12:45 PM
He's not dirty, he's just very clumsy.That's it basically.

Can be good but also a huge liability.

White Horse
18/05/2013, 6:26 PM
I watched him play for a season and there is no way I'd consider him a dirty player.

He has certain characteristics I don't like, but he is a fine footballer.

PartySaint
19/05/2013, 2:48 PM
Haha great thread!

How's Chambers getting on for you? A lot of us thought he would be a massive loss to us but Bolger playing in that role and is doing a better job, presses higher than Chambers and is more positive on the ball than Chambers was.

Charlie Darwin
19/05/2013, 2:53 PM
The decision to bring Chambers in is bizarre. Croly clearly wants to build the team around him, but in doing so he's pushed Stephen Rice - a vastly superior player - out of position (and sometimes out of the team entirely) and basically relegated McCormack (also a superior player, in my opinion) to reserve right back. I fully believe the team would have played better this season if he'd stayed at Pats. That said, he's a good player and hasn't done much wrong.

PartySaint
19/05/2013, 2:58 PM
The decision to bring Chambers in is bizarre. Croly clearly wants to build the team around him, but in doing so he's pushed Stephen Rice - a vastly superior player - out of position (and sometimes out of the team entirely) and basically relegated McCormack (also a superior player, in my opinion) to reserve right back. I fully believe the team would have played better this season if he'd stayed at Pats. That said, he's a good player and hasn't done much wrong.

Stephen Rice is not a better player than James Chambers

Charlie Darwin
19/05/2013, 3:05 PM
He's twice the player Chambers ever was. The only player, along with Sheppard, who looked completely in his element in the Europa League.

PartySaint
19/05/2013, 3:09 PM
He's twice the player Chambers ever was. .

It's only 10 past 4 Charlie, you shouldn't be this drunk.

Charlie Darwin
19/05/2013, 3:11 PM
But the cocktails had umbrellas in them :)

bluemovie
19/05/2013, 4:00 PM
I nominate Willo McDonagh

White Horse
19/05/2013, 4:50 PM
He's twice the player Chambers ever was. The only player, along with Sheppard, who looked completely in his element in the Europa League.

Chambers and Rice are a poor man's Richie Towell.

Charlie Darwin
19/05/2013, 5:02 PM
I do think Towell is a terrific player. Don't reckon he'll be in the LOI longer than a year.

White Horse
19/05/2013, 5:11 PM
I do think Towell is a terrific player. Don't reckon he'll be in the LOI longer than a year.

I'd settle for a year.

Fivesilver
19/05/2013, 11:15 PM
Word has it Shams are trying to sign him. Croly reckons if he had Dick Towell along with Dick Brush it'd be no problem keeping clean sheets.

marinobohs
20/05/2013, 9:55 AM
[QUOTE=Charlie Darwin;1686013]He's not dirty, he's just very clumsy.

Yea, my view as well. clumsy and slow and ends up fouling to 'catch up'. Not adverse to the odd agricultural challenge but not as nasty as some I could think of.

CMcC
20/05/2013, 3:34 PM
[QUOTE=Charlie Darwin;1686013]He's not dirty, he's just very clumsy.

Yea, my view as well. clumsy and slow and ends up fouling to 'catch up'. Not adverse to the odd agricultural challenge but not as nasty as some I could think of.

Dirtiest? - I woudln't have thought so. He is most definately very ordinary though.

showgies
20/05/2013, 3:46 PM
He certainly wasn't a dirty player when he was with us.

Unless he was giving sly elbows or digs to those who sat with him on the bench, or tripping up others as he warmed up on the sideline.

Guinney
22/05/2013, 8:42 PM
Foran isn't a dirty player at all in my opinion. Stood out for us last season and it's a shame he moved on because he is the exact type of player we are missing this year, a centre back who is comfortable with the ball. That said he may be prone to a rash decision, which may get him in trouble with the ref. Not to popular in Oriel Park these days, you always got the feeling he felt he was too good to be at the club, then he called Oriel Park 'Hell' in an interview in the Mirror and then when we needed him most he wasn't prepared to take an injection to play. In one sense you can understand maybe a player wouldn't want to put his body on the line especially when he knew he wouldn't be here next year, but at the same time he was part of the team that got us there, albeit out best player that season.

Dermotron
22/05/2013, 10:05 PM

Looked more mistimed than anything. Don't think there was any intent to hit the player, just win the ball.

SkStu
23/05/2013, 12:17 AM
I've never seen him play live but I'd say he's deffo the dirtiest player.

Mr A
23/05/2013, 8:46 AM
He may or may not be the dirtiest player, but if any LOI club makes a move for Ryan Catney he'll certainly be up there.

http://www.irishleaguesupporters.com/forums/images/avatars/Cliftonville/RyanCatney.jpg

Only1Rovers
23/05/2013, 10:03 AM
'he's not that sort of player'

bullit
29/05/2013, 4:14 AM
Everone loves a dirty player and thats the truth,esp a dirty but decent FB or MF 'er.
all off our own winning sides had them.Tom McNulty,Tommy McConville,Bohs had Brennan,Sligo had McGuinness.. and the list is kind of endless TBH.Thems the lads-THE LADS